Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:48:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: (PE) Scorched Earth  (Read 3906 times)
Sixpack Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: September 15, 2009, 06:55:21 pm »

Before I will go threw with this I will just post my army:

6 Panzergrenadiers (Vet 3, 6 G43, 4 Assault)
2 Panzergrenadiers (Vet 2, 2 G43, 2 Assault)
4 Panzergreandiers (as lineup when one vet dies)
1 Support Scout Car
1 Kettenkrad
2 Clowncars (Schreck, Flammen-Assault)
1 Clowncar  (Schreck, Assault)
1 Infantry HT
1 Panther (Vet 3, fully upgraded)
1 Marder (Repair)
2 50mm ATHT (2 Repair)
2 Mortar HT (2 Flameshot)
2 Munitions HT (2 Mines 2 Goliaths)
1 Hummel (Vet 2)

Now this company has an obvious inbuilt weakness against armour because I tried to make it themed so no need about commenting about it Cheesy.

To the main topic: SE Doctrines and how usefull I deem them.

T1
Roadblocks: Worth the investment but takes time to build and is only helpfull when you have set yourself up well and good and are not under constant harresment and artillery bombardment

Booby-Trap: Not worth it, the devs have made two priece reductions already and also reduced the set off time. I used them in 006 and got quite some. It is too map dependant to be usefull and does not work good in big buildings. The whole time I used them I was able to actually win a game once because of their help. Getting a Goliath is far better then even 6 Booby Traps.

Mechanised Grief: I can not realy comment on that mine but deem it okish.
Slow Going: I have it and love it. Helps to get that infantry in the neutral sector just in time or slow the enemies advance a little. (THough I do not realy notice the 33% advantage it should give).

Smoke Rounds: Never used them but they might be worth getting.

T2:
Scorched Earth: Very Situational but ok for a T2 (better then prec. strike but worse then firestorm).
Mechanized Aid: It is not even in but not worth it. You get rushed most of the time by tanks or elite inf from the allied and risking an already expensive and fragile unit?

Heavy Artillery: Worth it. Only real axis onmap heavy arty. Can be used to hunt anything but is rather unprecise.
Explosive Experts: Not worth it, has been pointed out often enough.
Incendiary Assault: Worth it as long as it is normal assault Smiley. Helps to sway that single infantry battle in your favour, stops allied blobbing dead in the tracks and with G43s makes it a good but expensive option (110 mun on a already fragile squad).

T3:
Sector Artillery: Worth it. The one free use can be extremly helpfull to completly stop a heavy enemy push plastering their infantry to hell and lets you fortify it while it lasts.

Inflammable: Okish. A T3 for an expensive unit.
Ostfront Veterans: Not worth it. I used it and even after the boost I do not deem it that good because it is an incentive to blob and will only help in small engagements.

Incendiary Barrage: I do not want to comment on this until I used it.

T4:
No-Mans Land Minefield: Okish and can be used in different ways. It still needs some tweaking so that you can not see the mines and they need to be laid far enough away from each other so that a single riflemen squad doesn´t make it a fireworks of the day moment.

Chemical Fire: Not worth it, even if it would boost the hummel T3.

Shell Loading: Whenever I see this I want to start smashing things and hurt people. It is usefull against two things!
1) 25pd Emplacement where you probably still need two salvos
2) 105mm Howitzer so that it might kill it in one barrage
(Yes, there are people that try to counterbatteryfire)
Opening Barrage: Worth it. Nothing better then frying some Vet3 Airborne.

Generally SE is anti infantry oriantated which is a lot of fun to play with but has only one unlock which makes its main unit (Hummel) only better at killing infantry which does not realy help because you should have a lot of killing potential there anyway.
And it is even worse when I compare it with unlocks the Calliope and Priest can get (Faster firing or creeping barrage which is a complete killer).

It lacks completly in the department of boosting units(like infantry/terror buff Buff BUFF doctrines) compared to other doctrines and thus they will stay more fragile or less powerfull so the need to rely on offmaps grows here which is sad.

Quite some doctrine unlocks should either be removed or completly changed so that people have it more difficult to choose which one they want to unlock (you have 3 choices in the T3 area and 2 in the T4).
These would be: Booby traps, smoke rounds, Mechanized Aid, Explosive Experts, Ostfront Veterans, Chemical Fire, Shell Loading.

Disclaimer (^.^): this is completly based on my own experiance with PE SE and other peoples experiance might differ from mine.

I do know that major changes are coming but I realy needed to get this out  Grin.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 07:13:21 pm »

I do know that major changes are coming but I realy needed to get this out  Grin.

So...... you could have waited to see the new doctrines before posting this.. you would have saved time probably Tongue.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 07:24:59 pm »

Chemical Fire: Not worth it, even if it would boost the hummel T3.

Freakin awesome. It scares the crap out of all allied infantry and leaves a really long lasting fire, and when boosted with Chemical fire omg! You can literally scorch a sector.

Mech Grief is great, what it is, is a mine that only affect infantry and will first suppress the unit and then drop stun nades down on it, it can really slow down an incoming blob and turn your tide.

and dude, shell loading imo is useless because if the hummel can't take it out in 4 barrages, ti wont in 8. You only need two hits to take out a 105 completely and one to knock the crew out. And actually, if you pop one right directly on the gun, it takes out the whole thing.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 07:43:23 pm »

only problem with your SE army is you're lacking a lot of Anti-Tank and have to ration it quite a lot.  The vet3 panther is what saves you luckily, if it died you'd probably have to replace it with 3-4 marders.

SE can be really fun to play if the game is slow, you have so many abilities you can use and the Hummel just owns too.
Sixpack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 08:20:02 pm »

Freakin awesome. It scares the crap out of all allied infantry and leaves a really long lasting fire, and when boosted with Chemical fire omg! You can literally scorch a sector.

Mech Grief is great, what it is, is a mine that only affect infantry and will first suppress the unit and then drop stun nades down on it, it can really slow down an incoming blob and turn your tide.

and dude, shell loading imo is useless because if the hummel can't take it out in 4 barrages, ti wont in 8. You only need two hits to take out a 105 completely and one to knock the crew out. And actually, if you pop one right directly on the gun, it takes out the whole thing.

Chemical fire does not boost Incendiary Barrage, only works on mortar ht flame shot and flame nades. So it is a single T4 that boosts one units special ability most of the time (don´t see a lot of flame nades around).

Can´t comment on mech grief.

Yeah, why do you think I hate Shell loading? Been complaining about it for over two months now. And the problem with the 105 is to hit it so the extra shells might come in handy.

only problem with your SE army is you're lacking a lot of Anti-Tank and have to ration it quite a lot.  The vet3 panther is what saves you luckily, if it died you'd probably have to replace it with 3-4 marders.

SE can be really fun to play if the game is slow, you have so many abilities you can use and the Hummel just owns too.

Now this company has an obvious inbuilt weakness against armour because I tried to make it themed so no need about commenting about it Cheesy.

To quote myself, have you actually read this completly before hitting the reply button spinn?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 08:21:56 pm by Sixpack » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 09:18:49 pm »

Can´t comment on mech grief.

Yeah, why do you think I hate Shell loading? Been complaining about it for over two months now. And the problem with the 105 is to hit it so the extra shells might come in handy.

I just told you about mech grief. I play as SE and run at least 3-4 kettens with those things (damn there goes my secret) i love those things. As for the extra shots, the hummel is the most powerful artillery in the game without buffs, it can take out a sherman in two hits and heavy tanks in 3, it will gib an at gun with one hit, take out the whole gun, not just decrew it and it decimates buildings when it hits, thats why its only 4 shots. I find usually 2 or 3 doe the job i wanted, anymore and  its a sitting target, plus its so accurate, its not going to stray very far and hit a wide enough area to really justify the extra shots. Now...if with the 4 extra shells, you get a wider spread, then yea, it's great but as is, no. Just useless.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 11:34:52 pm »

Imo there should be a T3 implemented where the hotchkiss stuka fires twice as many rockets.  That would make SE more interesting.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2009, 01:36:29 am »

the hummel fire shots are AWESOME! i HATE going up against someone who has a hummel with one of those, it pretty much says "stay the fuck out of here!" if you drop it on support weapons the fires will last long enough to where the player will not want to recrew them. so you can do one of two things. use it on an area, then push with vehicles, because like i said ATGs that get decrewed wont be recrewed. you don't want to go in with infantry because they will get hurt with the fire. or you push up to a certain point, fire it, and booby trap wire/what ever the area, no one will want to go over there with infantry with fire everywhere.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2009, 02:40:28 am »

the fire also damages light vehicles, so you're basically negated to the heavier light armor and tanks.
BigDick
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2009, 03:04:37 am »

incendiary barrage of the hummel is to random and to "inaccurate"
i used it when doctrines were free (don't know if it got buffed)
only good thing was the high range of this ability

and imho the hummel pretty much sucks

its ok against people who sit there without doing anything
but everyone who knows how to flank scares it at least of the field (other than the calliope which can drive around the map using flankspeed and selfrepair and is almost unkillable)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 07:58:53 am »

If chemical fire boosted incendiary barrage, it would make the barrage area un-enterrable by infantry for 6 minutes. You could do two more barrages before you'd have to cover the scorched area again.
Not to mention the 2x damage from the flames - already 5 seconds in the flames kills a rifleman.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc