Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 08:26:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airborne arty  (Read 14711 times)
Chubba Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 08:03:45 pm »

Henschell.. I know this as the DoomPlane
but yeah, ive seen henschels rape.
henshels are bloody awesome

I have to say, this made me smile a little.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 08:19:33 pm »

Henschell.. I know this as the DoomPlane
but yeah, ive seen henschels rape.
henshels are bloody awesome

I have to say, this made me smile a little.

....L...2...P? If you've never had an effective henschel run then I have to imagine you just don't know how to use it?

Anyways, .50s were used to take down aircraft, but I mean this plural. like the quad, or other fighter planes they had you know 4-8 .50s in their wings. but a single .50 on a tank, well that's not going to do THAT much. But .50s weren't nearly as effective as autocannons some new planes started using. so just plane (pun!) and simple, US didn't have AA as effective as the germans. Either way, in the EIRR/vCoH world, what we need to do is make sure each faction has some kind of balanced ways to take down aircraft. whirbles do a crazy good job, but nothing else in any other faction does the job half as good.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 08:33:56 pm »

well part of the reasons for the ostwinds and pummas is to defend against the off maps...  IF not then that pretty well sucks. 

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
TodlichPanther Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2009, 08:34:33 pm »

Every army needs access to reasonably reliable AA no matter the doctrine/company IMO.   i

suggest ANTI PLANE MINES for PE, when an enemy aircraft flies onto the map the mine launches into the air and fires out henescal rounds at aircraft level all over the map, in a circular pattern. There should probably bee about 2000 rounds in total to make sure the air is sufficiently saturated so that their is a significant chance the plane will die.

American quad needs to be improved imo, remove the 50cals on the back and replace it with 4 rapid firing super long range m18 guns, which can only target planes ofc. Also give the quad cloak when it has these upgrades, it would not affect the whole map but have like mortar range, and any plane entering the area gets wtf pwned.

British should just retain the boffers, but it should have an activated ability to increase its range by x10 and accuracy by x20 and damage by x50 and penetration should go to 1000%.  the duration should be quite short, like 30 seconds with a 5min cooldown as it is quite powerful.

Wehr should just get an automatic ability on the nebel, when a plane is going to fly over it, it launches its rockets into the air to intercept the plane. (this can be done, ive seen it).

I think these abilities would add a new and interesting dynamic to the game and bring us closer towards balance.

Also, I lost a game due to not enough anti-infantry units, so airborne get double damage at each vet level.

More changes to come.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2009, 08:38:00 pm »

....L...2...P? If you've never had an effective henschel run then I have to imagine you just don't know how to use it?

Anyways, .50s were used to take down aircraft, but I mean this plural. like the quad, or other fighter planes they had you know 4-8 .50s in their wings. but a single .50 on a tank, well that's not going to do THAT much. But .50s weren't nearly as effective as autocannons some new planes started using. so just plane (pun!) and simple, US didn't have AA as effective as the germans. Either way, in the EIRR/vCoH world, what we need to do is make sure each faction has some kind of balanced ways to take down aircraft. whirbles do a crazy good job, but nothing else in any other faction does the job half as good.

Must...resist...correction...

On topic: I'm kinda surprised that the Quad doesn't have the ability to readily shoot down Henschels. I really wish that the devs would buff its AA capability for some sort of defense against planes.

And I've said it before, I'll say it again: is there any way to decrease the accuracy of a crashing plane to 0%, so it can't hit troops/vehicles, yet still look pretty?
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2009, 08:42:40 pm »

But it would look stupid tbh.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2009, 08:47:25 pm »

The germans actually invented a remote controlled mg for some of their tanks to stop the gunner from
being too exposed. (e.g. Hetzer)
So yeah, german technology ftw bitches!

Expect the crew had to get out to reload the thing. German Technology FTL!

I'll see about adding smoke to Strafing runs, or tunning its range to make it somewhat avoidable without making it useless.
TodlichPanther Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2009, 08:47:42 pm »

also for the new doctrines i had a really good idea.

Nebel upgrade, remove flame damage but retain surpression. give it 6 extra shots. so a total of 12. every shell that lands is a satchel charge.

would be a great idea imo. make the nebel actually useful, it would be called a satchelwerfer.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 09:01:27 pm »

edit- lol nvm, im a tad drunk, and read the above post wrong.  Cool

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Chubba Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2009, 09:04:46 pm »

L...2...P? If you've never had an effective henschel run then I have to imagine you just don't know how to use it?

Your right, I have no idea how to put down an offmap which can only be placed in LOS on top some of the most noticable units on the game and always skew the aim so that it lands in an empty open field instead of the approaching allied tanks.

Out of curiousity, do you have a luftwafte company and have you tried using the Henschel or is your expertise gained by watching it from the firing end and through the unbiased wonder of memory?

I'm not implying Henschels can't be devastating either, I've seen effective runs before. But there are times I've placed it on a pack of allied armour, within LOS and have the planes miss all their shots before the armour runs away to wait for the giant big circle to play somewhere else.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 09:12:37 pm »

Henschel + LAHT with treadbreaker = win

Henschel alone = depends on luck.
Chubba Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 09:50:17 pm »

Henschel + LAHT with treadbreaker = win

Unless they have onboard and field repairs. And then they repair engine damage and run away.

But, you know, who does that? No one I know that's for sure!
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 09:56:49 pm »

Meh, I was just trying to give some advice, but it seems it didn't work, so lets try to get back on topic.
Chubba Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 10:50:19 pm »

Meh, I was just trying to give some advice,

Feel free to give more! I'm just saying, I've tried and seen what you have prescribed. More often than not, the ally player will still limp away to repair. He's wasted a repair kit, I've wasted a T3.

Or rather, learned how not to use one.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 11:04:01 pm »

More Airborne Strafes as people claim its the only way to kill storm shrecks...  ITs funny that you can buy 4 strafes and 4 bombing runs with Air supperiority and i can only buy 5 Storms with Double shrecks with almost all my munitions.. 

ITs kinda nice to knwo that 4 of the Offmaps boguht with Sp can nullify my at, And if i go pak guns, The 4 bombing runs can nullify the other half.
anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 11:09:52 pm »

Strafing Run is currently the ONLY unavoidable off map in the game.  And Airborne get 4 uses of it with SP.

Smoke and a delay is in order.  Dont know why its such a difficult thing to realise.  If adding a delay is impossible then atleast put smoke in as a warning.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2009, 11:16:23 pm »

I agree on the smoke part. you can't avoid unavoidable things so give a WARNING for it

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2009, 12:03:39 am »

No smoke, no added timer - remove it's 500 range and give it 35-50 so people can actually have a chance of seeing it coming - like it used to be in vEiR.

anthony210 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2009, 12:03:50 am »

I agree on the smoke part. you can't avoid unavoidable things so give a WARNING for it

The only reason its unavoidable is because there is no smoke.  So your only warning is to see the plane on the minimap and then its too late because unlike bombing runs, strafing runs hit the instant the plane comes on the map.

With smoke perhaps we would have a second to see something was coming before the plane comes on and have atleast a chance of dodging it.

Mysthalin: What would be the problem with adding smoke?  It would put it inline with the other off maps.  The only nerf would be that sometimes you can actually dodge it unlike now.  The range and the damage is fine, just give us a chance to dodge it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 12:06:55 am by anthony210 » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2009, 12:06:01 am »

Smoke WOULDN'T help you - it would drop smoke, and hit you instantly as the plane comes on. It would be like adding insult to injury. Fix it's range, then if it's not enough - add smoke.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc