Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 01:41:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Wehr / Defensive] Scopes  (Read 5022 times)
Trishut Offline
Donator

« on: October 12, 2009, 06:21:35 am »

Does the 10% accuracy buff work on MP40 volks?

And if it do, is it worth as a t3 on my MP40 volk spam battalion?

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 07:48:49 am »

It does, even though MP40s do have high accuracy regardless at close range.  What it can help for is to overcome cover disadvantage (which is a accuracy reduction and a damage reduction for the squad in cover).  With higher accuracy, you can hit them and do more damage overall than without it, so it can be useful (example - snipers have high accuracy, so even they can hit units in cover).

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Trishut Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 09:05:08 am »

Then the question is which one of the t3 is best for my battalion: Rocket Arty, For the Fatherland or Scopes?

I suffer from decision agony. Sad
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 09:08:13 am »

FTFL maybe, not sure about it though!

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 09:08:51 am »

You can never go wrong with rocket arty.. Id get scopes if I was planning on spamming vet 3 volks without mp40s backed by mgs.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 09:12:19 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 10:13:19 am »

id go with scopes and ftfl, i think that ftfl might be more useful than rocket arty. rocket arty is 1 free use, 1 other use for 5 SP. it's not as useful as I'd like it because of the drift, it sucks because i use it for taking out stationary objects when i can such as howies, ccs, triage, but since it has drift sometimes it totally misses them =/

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 10:38:41 am »

Except drift is sooo easy to counteract because EIRRMOD just made drift fall to the left of where you click, so you place the barrage a bit more to the right and your problem is solved.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 12:42:43 pm »

Except drift is sooo easy to counteract because EIRRMOD just made drift fall to the left of where you click, so you place the barrage a bit more to the right and your problem is solved.

oh is that it? sweet! my rocket arty shall be worth it again!
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 12:48:17 pm »

Thats my experience anyways, I drop arty a bit to the right with the drops that have a lot of drift and they seem to hit left of it, especially with the 105 drop. It always seems to go to the left.
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 01:00:49 pm »

It does, even though MP40s do have high accuracy regardless at close range.  What it can help for is to overcome cover disadvantage (which is a accuracy reduction and a damage reduction for the squad in cover).  With higher accuracy, you can hit them and do more damage overall than without it, so it can be useful (example - snipers have high accuracy, so even they can hit units in cover).

Most of that is correct...however your comment on snipers is wrong. Yes, snipers have high accuracy, but that's irrelevant to cover. The thing is, snipers get no penalties for shooting targets in yellow or green cover. Each weapon is effected differently. Machine guns take huge penalties, rifles take small ones, sniper rifles take none, and flamethrowers actually do better.

As a final note - snipers actually do take penalties to units in garrison cover (units in buildings). The penalty is .75 accuracy.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 01:06:09 pm »

I was using that example to simply illustrate and simplify a point in regards to volks, garrison cover being a type of cover which does cause shots to miss.

It would be better than saying 'Well, you may or may not kill something .073 seconds faster, depending on movement and vet...' etc, so I thought a simple example to illustrate that would suffice.

I saw a video of a modder who made an LMG with 100% accuracy, and it instant raped guys in cover and in the open equally, and quite viciously.  Of course i don't have the video on hand to show how accuracy can help overcome cover, which is still my original point.  Cool
Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 01:46:14 pm »

Thats my experience anyways, I drop arty a bit to the right with the drops that have a lot of drift and they seem to hit left of it, especially with the 105 drop. It always seems to go to the left.
well yes. it has to do with the X-Y coordinate of the shells. you have to add +1 or else everything is to the left because computers count in 0's. although why not down AND to the elf tis the question.

FTFL is my bets guess since rocket arty drift and doesnt kill as muhc as youd like for 1 free use. scopes seems.... inferior. 10% range is pity on infantry since they don't do damage at range anyways and 10% accuracy is a T1. all this means to me is your sneaky inf revela their position by shooting the enemy before they get in range of your killing units. 20% accuracy and I'd take it for T3.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Trishut Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 02:36:45 pm »

I can only choose one because I have already taken Senior Officers.

FTFL is good if you get the situation to use it. Firstly it must be on my own territory. It may be good to counter MG those few times I face them in my own territories. It would work against bars pretty good to when they think they can suppress me. But most of the time the enemy inf runs away when I send my volks towards them and then the FTFL would be wasted.

How many uses is it on FTFL?
o4b2 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2009, 03:30:06 pm »

well yes. it has to do with the X-Y coordinate of the shells. you have to add +1 or else everything is to the left because computers count in 0's. although why not down AND to the elf tis the question.

I'm sorry but I just have to post here. This is just completely wrong - yes the computer uses binary representations of numbers but that doesn't translate into having to add 1 to every number for no reason. I'm sure that EIRMOD has a working drift calculation algorithm, and you guys just see what happens to you - not the aggregate. If he doesn't, I would be happy to help create one. Whether or not drift is applicable in this game period is a whole other story...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc