Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:23:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 01:23:36 pm]

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Competition Winners!  (Read 17423 times)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« on: October 12, 2009, 07:58:02 pm »

Recently we held a Competition to see who could come up with a new unit for Europe in Ruins. Here are those winners along with the prizes.

1st Place - Level 8 Account with PPs, and 1 Reward Unit

20 mm Cannon mounted on the ATG. So instead of the 57mm, you have a 20mm that has the exact same stats as the bofors. The only difference is that the unit is not a static structure and can be moved like an ATG. It is designed to be a long range Anti infantry unit which is also good against light armor units.

Same speed/setup time as the 57mm. A possible unlock for Brits or Americans. Axis had a similar unit; good example of this unit in action can be found in Saving Private Ryan.

Special abilities:

Incendiary rounds - 300 second cool down, duration 15 seconds. Similar to the MHT incendiary rounds, you are given a barrage type targeting grid to select the area you want to fire the rounds. It fires shots normally within the targeted area. Infantry caught in the barrage area taken normal damage + lingering flame damage.

Smoke Shells - Same type of targeting system; provides user with a barrage like targeting grid. Lays down thick smoke barrage in the designated area.

Armor Piercing Rounds – Increases range by 5, penetration by 300%. No damage increase. 15 second duration, two uses on a 300 second cool down.

Rapid Fire – Reduces damage by 50%, but fires rounds twice as fast. Lasts 15 seconds, 500 second cool down.

This might be a good weapon for allies to help counter against grenadier spam. Seeing as the 30 cal is outranged by the mg42 and lacks the suppression of the mg42, Americans at times can have a harder time dealing with blobs. Add zeal to the equation and it becomes much harder to fight against a vet 3 grenadier horde.

PQ

2nd Place - Level 4 Account with PPs, and 1 Reward Unit

Tank Name: Sherman M4A3E2 Jumbo (US Faction)
Historic Role: Infantry Support Tank and Assault Gun
EIR Role: Acts as an 'anchor' to build an infantry call-ins around, as the weight and armor of it can help prevent infantry-only or infantry-heavy players from being overrun and not resorting to suiciding mass M10s to deal with heavy German armor pushes and probes.  Will draw mass, accurate tank fire to prevent vulnerable infantry squads from being picked up or blown away in a handful of shots.
Armor: King Tiger armor
Range: Standard P4/Sherman range
Weapon: 75mm Sherman gun
Upgrades: .50 cal MG (50 MU), Super Heavy Repair Kit (100 MU), Smoke (20 MU), AP Rounds (50 MU), Tank Commander (20 MU, since it's a point/lead tank and needs to 'see' what it is assaulting)
Cost: 600 MP, 600 Fuel, Armor Pool Cost: 5, PP Cost: 5, Pop: 15
Stats: Speed: 5 (Sherman Speed), Acceleration: 1.5 (Sherman accel.), Deceleration: 3.5 (Churchill Croc decel.), Sight: 35 (same as Sherman/P4), HP: 1200 HP (Church Croc has 900, Sherman has  636 in comparison)

Summary of Unit:
Non-doctrine tank that is tougher than Sherman, on par with Panther/Tiger and not a KT.  Meant to give non-US armor companies a 'decent' heavy tank to build their infantry support around, and able to stall/duel heavier German armor (Panther class and above) and provide cover for infantry to do their job.  High costs and pop prevents spam, and lacks strong AT gun (it's not a tank destroyer, it's an assault gun platform) to effectively counter heavy tanks but can be on par with axis medium armor without being OP (poor penetration).

Historically, these tanks were often used at the head of columns to be the first tank to be 'ambushed' and buy time for shermans following up to get off roads and into cover while the lead tank element held off AT fire.

Veterancy Table:
  • Vet 1 (25 XP): Received Penetration .85
  • Vet 2 (75 XP): Accuracy 1.15, Penetration 1.15, Moving Ability*
  • Vet 3 (150 XP): Received Damage .85, Damage 1.2

Basic description
The M4A3E2 or Sherman Jumbo was designated an assault tank and not a tank destroyer as commonly reported in other sources. It provided applique armor to front and sides of the hull, a standard 75mm main gun and HE (High Explosive) ammunition.  Original armament was to be the 76mm main gun but the shell of the 75mm armament proved to be more powerful. Some Sherman Jumbos did see the 76mm main gun mounted to their turrets however.

Reasons behind design decisions:
75mm Gun, no upgrade to 76mm - As listed from an entry I pulled about the Jumbo, the 75mm round proved to be more powerful, and while Jumbos were upgunned, the 'basic' design called for the 75mm

Resource Cost - Panther equivalent cost, as it trades off a decent gun (76mm) for superior HP and armor.  Speed is same as regular Sherman, due to being Sherman model used in assaults

HP Choice - Being 'smaller' than the KT, but being just as equally armored is the justification for it's HP, and is balanced in regards that it's not raping Axis Medium armor (it's like a P4 hitting a Churchill MK IV, one has tons of HP but a crap gun, other has better gun but crap armor - in comparison).  Also, axis tanks are generally tougher and axis AT choices tend to hit 'harder' than their allied counterpart, it needs high HP value to survive engagements, but does not become a 'fortress' King Tiger. (For Reference, KT is 2000 HP being KT, 1064 is Tiger... thus my decision on 1200 HP)

Armor Choice - Historically, the Jumbo had 178mm armor, compared to KT's 180mm armor (thus the need for hard to penetrate KT equivalent armor).

Veterancy Table Justification: The vet table was created for the following reasons...
  • Vet 1: reflects that, being an assault tank, it's hard to penetrate its armor but if you do penetrate is still takes its damage (like damaging a KT or Tiger, you force it back to make that 'long' repair wait and keep it out of the game for awhile)
  • Vet 2: Being that it is now a better, more experienced tank, it receives abilities to improve its accuracy while on the move or standing still, and gets slightly better penetration on the basic 75mm stat-line to help it deal with enemy tanks, but not WTFPWN them like a firefly could
  • Vet 3: Able to get this high, this tank is now the elite of the elite, and to better reflect this with its intended role, the Jumbo takes less damage per shot that penetrates, as well as a damage increase - based off the 75mm Sherman gun-line

Image:

3rd Place - Level 2 Account with PPs and 1 Reward unit

Basicly my idea is to let the Germans have the Equivalent to the British "Kangaroo Carrier"
_______________________________________ _______________________________________ _____________

http://ww2drawings.jexiste.fr/Files/1-Vehicles/Axis/1-Germany/07-Others/SpecialPurpose-Vehicles/Borgward4-Ausf.A.htm

Abilities: Able to Drop Mines, Able to Go Camouflage While Not Moving, Able to call in Off map Support Via Radio(I.E. Arty, Smoke Barrage, and Rocket Barrage[basicly the other kind of Arty.]), and last but not least KAMIKAZIE; Able to Blow self up/Self-Destruct. with many Pounds of TNT!

Stats: Able to Transport ~6-8 Troops, Speed;(Going by MPH bcuz i iz dumb...)20-30MPH, Armour;light Armour on the Front Heavier Armour on the Back, When Troops are in the Vehicle they are able to shoot out of it.

Weapons: None, Except for the Troops inside, if any.

Cost: For Vehicle Itself; 400MP - 0MU - 35FU, For Off map Support(Will be an Upgrade in Battalion.[Like all of the off map Support Items.]); Arty(I.E. Like the Off map Arty for the Americans.)200MU(For One Use on Battlefield[Can Buy more than one,{I.E. At the Max three Arty's and when you buy than one, You can use it more than Once..}]);Smoke Barrage 125MU(Same rule as buying it more than Once.); Rocket Arty 275MU(Same rule as Buying it more than Once.), Drop Mines 120MU(one Time Use Only),Camouflage Abiltity 80MU, Self-Destruct Ability 165MU and 110MP(ManPower Because, you lose people and have to replace them..[I.E. You lose the Crew of 2{Crew is the Driver and the Radio Operator.}and you must get new ones for the next how ever so many.])
_______________________________________ _______________________________________ _______________________________________ __
The Stats that were with the Pictures.
General

Type: Explosive Load Layer
Crew: 1
Production: 616 (1942-1943)
Engine
Opel Olympia 15L Gasoline | 36 hp
Dimensions/Masses
Length: 3.65 m | Width: 1.80 m | Height: 1.19 m
Weight: 3600 kg
Armor
8 mm
Performances
Max. Speed: 38km/h | Power/weight: 10 hp/t | Range: ? km
Suspension: Torsion bars
Armament

Main: 500 kg Sprengladung
Secondary: -

_______________________________________ _______________________________________ _______________________________________ __

4th Place - 10 PPs and 1 Reward Unit

Panzer III 50mm.(WM Faction)
EIR Wrap sheet of unit

Upgrades
Purchasable HE rounds: (-50% penetration on armoured targets, 50% more accuracy at Infantry, 50% more splash, 50% more damage to infantry,20Second duration, 120sec cooldown)
Purchasable Sideskirts and MG42
Purchasable Smoke screen ability:(with a 120sec cooldown)
Purchasable OverDrive

Veterancy Tables:
- Vet 1 ( 10 XP ): Received Damage 0.85
- Vet 2 ( 35 XP ): Damage 1.2, Speed 1.15,
- Vet 3 ( 75 XP ): Accuracy 1.15, Received Damage 0.85

EIR Role: Plays a role as a Medium armored tank that can effectively take on light armor and Infantry but cannot take on Main allied battle tanks.

©Copyright Coh Stats idea  Tongue

5th Place - 1 Reward Unit.

Carro Armato P40, consficated prototype Italian Medium Tank for PE

Cost: 350MP, 120 fuel
Pop: 10

Upgrades: Smoke Rounds (20 Muni)

Stats:

Health: 450
Max Speed: 4
Acceleration: 1.5
Deacceleration: 3
Rotation: 38
Human Crush: True
Heavy Crush: False
Sight: 35
Armor Type: Armor_Panzer
Critical Type: Armor
Gun: 75mm Panzer

Vet:
Vet 1     Received Damage 0.85
Vet 2    Accuracy 1.15, Received Damage 0.9, Range +5
Vet 3    Received Penetration 0.8, Damage 1.2

Summary:

The P40 was an Italian World War II tank design. It was armed with a 75 mm gun and an 8 mm Breda machine gun, plus another optional machine gun in an anti-aircraft mount. The official Italian designation was Carro Armato ("armored tank") P 26/40. This designation can be understood as follows: P for Pesante (Italian: "heavy"), the weight of 26 tons, and the year of adoption (1940).

Design had started in 1940 but very few had been built by the time Italy signed the armistice with the Allies and the few produced afterwards were used by the Germans.

Gameplay notes:

Essentially, a faster, lighter P4, with the diversity of the P4 gun, for PE as an option to fall between the stubby P4, and the hetzer.

Congratulations to the winners: If I could get the winners to Private message me with the Details of their accounts so that I may hand out prizes! Cheesy
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 07:58:27 pm »

Gratz guys.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
BaleWolf Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 08:06:25 pm »

I find it funny that I put forth the idea of moble AA guns first... and GET NOTHING!!!

Cries in corner....

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 08:17:25 pm »

I find it funny that I put forth the idea of moble AA guns first... and GET NOTHING!!!

Cries in corner....

you got to write this message, that's something  Smiley

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 08:42:21 pm »

Cries in corner....

That sucks man, I actually liked your presentation and picture better.  Sad

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 09:09:20 pm »

ummm ok.. lol.

pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 10:31:33 pm »

thanks guys, I think the 20mm cannon would be an amazing new unit for EIR.

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 10:33:53 pm »

I needs my heavy tank to soak up hits XD

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 10:41:13 pm »

That would be cool if we actually got the models we put up.

Too bad the Carro Armato P40 is just the PzIV's retarded little cousin.  Roll Eyes
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 10:51:29 pm »

That would be cool if we actually got the models we put up.

Too bad the Carro Armato P40 is just the PzIV's retarded little cousin.  Roll Eyes
LMFAO

Good choices,excluding number 3...no offence it's just a little too..win.

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 10:52:36 pm »

Well the Carro could be that cute little cousin we all love to talk about and slap around...
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 11:05:47 pm »

lol number 3 is total overkill

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2009, 01:34:51 am »

yeah #3 almost seems like a little kid wrote it up no offense. yeah it's going to have like this jet pack and like, it can go underwater, it'll be really cool, and oh yeah i almost forgot it shoots flames and lasers, it's sooooo awesome!

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2009, 02:52:33 am »

the mobile aa gun is great...
if axis can use it vs stags and shit! allies already have bofors!!!  Angry
nated0g Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 03:05:03 am »

Why is PE stealing vehicles form other countries?Huh?

Didnt realize it was such a ghetto faction.

Im surprised no one has mentioned: Jumbo Sherman as an Sherman upgrade???

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 06:39:28 am »

and its like only 1 of the winners has anything to do with the time frame of the war we are in.. lol.  start calling this mod EIR-F     -------- fantasy.
BaleWolf Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 07:08:48 am »

Why is PE stealing vehicles form other countries?Huh?

Didnt realize it was such a ghetto faction.

Im surprised no one has mentioned: Jumbo Sherman as an Sherman upgrade???

They did... its the second winner.

The Hotchkiss and the G-wagon are both stolen French tanks.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 09:36:39 am »

the mobile aa gun is great...
if axis can use it vs stags and shit! allies already have bofors!!!  Angry

And axis already has the flakverling  Angry Angry Angry Angry

Not like the bofors can go anywhere now, its a fixed emplacement like the 88, so I dont know why allies should be excluded from having a moveable AA gun.

Oh yeah...  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Daereon Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 09:38:38 am »

The Marder is also based on stolen French tractors (Relic screwed up, the Marder model ingame is actually the Marder I, not the Marder III, the III has it's gun mounted on the center of a Czech tank, which the germans also used under the name Panzer 38(t)

Yeah... the Germans stole vehicles from almost every European nation Wink They used British vehicles, French, Czech, Russian...

CoH is not an acurate representation of the vehicle usage of the Germans... Wink
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2009, 09:56:39 am »

Marder III sounds moar cool, then Marder I.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc