Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 09:04:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: learning to play EIR/OMG gamestyle  (Read 10695 times)
HeartBreakOne88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 03:11:18 pm »

i went lose , lose, lose, get shouted at by apex, get beaten by apex, win 1v2, 2 of my teammates dropped,  got ok when shout at by the likes of killer, kept losing to volks everytime, turns out the reason why all the volks had assault was because it was bugged, that was really shit, never played with certain members, watched replays, asked ppl about company builds, playing with good ppl never helped, if anything playing with bad ppl on your team helped, because some1 has to rise to the occassion and help own, and then learned never to go toe-toe with a kt with anything minus 3 ATGs........

My 1st Win/loss was around 12-30 or something which i thought was alright, considering id be joining blatent stacked games, also play axis

"Hmm its a shame CoH is best when served fresh with vanilla flavour rather than genetically modified vegetables..."
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 03:28:07 pm »

I do have to say, first finding the faction that works with you is best. actually, i guess which doctrine works best for the way you play. took me awhile before i learned that, i was using the wrong doctrines and buying the wrong units for those doctrines. you dont go heavy support and not spam mortars, MGs, and paks. you don't go TR and not have 4-5 ATGs in your company. things like that. And that helped me out a lot.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 04:02:11 pm »

I lost my first 1000 or so games before some ancient voice on ventrilo asked me 'how strong I was'. Ever since then I've turned the tables and even try to do some mentoring myself by asking others the very same question.

Tongue

Who was that voice?

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 04:22:02 pm »

I sucked when I started and I still suck.
But I can still put away more whiskey in one sitting them any of you young bucks around here.

I do believe I hold the record for most pass outs in game!!! Just ask Wild, it was usually with him....lol

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Leafedge Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 05:02:24 pm »

I started out being a pretty good 1v1 automatch player, good micro and understanding of units. Hardest thing for me starting out was learning how to build an effective company and getting a feel for what I needed at what time. For the most part I was just way too dang cautious. I didn't push hard enough.

I played for about a week with an atrocious ratio, then was one of the better players at the time by about 2 weeks or so. I played a lot with Schultz and he was a pretty good mentor as well as a good partner.

After several months I got to my prime where in addition to having good micro and macro, I knew most of the modifiers in the game, could guess the rest, and could identify any vehicle in the Fog of war, and managed to find ways to encourage myself to be more aggressive. Unfortunately I'm sure I've lost a lot of that by now...
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 05:04:35 pm »

EiRR is like riding a bicycle, you can't forget it.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 05:05:25 pm »

Its more like swimming, you would die if you forgot.

Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2009, 05:06:17 pm »

EiRR is like riding a bicycle, you can't forget it.

Noob! You can, it's proved by scientists! You can forget everything. My first game after 1 month without touching to the PC, was like first time being disconnect from the Matrix.
Lai Offline
Propaganda Minister

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2009, 05:09:43 pm »

I lost my first 1000 or so games before some ancient voice on ventrilo asked me 'how strong I was'. Ever since then I've turned the tables and even try to do some mentoring myself by asking others the very same question.

Tongue

Who was that voice?

The Devil, I think.  Grin

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2009, 05:17:36 pm »

Damn, I knew the good stuff always laid with him.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 05:25:51 pm by Killer344 » Logged
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2009, 07:16:30 pm »

Tongue

Who was that voice?

The Devil, I think.  Grin

Apex isn't the Devil
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2009, 09:41:34 pm »

I do believe I hold the record for most pass outs in game!!! Just ask Wild, it was usually with him....lol

i couldn't believe it the second time lol

overfreeze222 Offline
Content Creator

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2009, 12:18:25 am »

Tongue

Everyone Lai touches instantly becomes good.

touch me lai! touch me!!!!

Never EVER not cut leave out the blood drippings on a computer case.
I did, and the Power-supply literally EXPLODED.
The most uncomprehensible post on the forums... Ever.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2009, 01:35:06 am »

Tongue

Hmm, thats kinda gay... do de do do da do  Roll Eyes

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2009, 03:50:25 am »

First game ever was a 1v1 to get the hang of things. After gettin raped i stopped playing and just thought "*** this *** mod of a *****"  Angry

Some days later i watched another Shoutcast and thought, ok i really do want this, give it another try.

Found a game in the launcher andi can only remember that one guys name, Apex Tongue

I won that game with some stormtrooper sneak attacks!

Now i am here.

DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2009, 04:44:50 am »

Apex, 1v1, struz.  Then with AmPm yelling at me for the next 2 years Smiley

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2009, 09:26:30 am »

first game was with Lt.Apollo in a 2vs2... we got man handled

I really got good when reinforcements mode was introduced and got a good 40 games to exercise my 1vs1 skills in EIR ,where i didnt have to rely on anyone else for awhile.

crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2009, 12:34:46 pm »

started out as wehr and lost almost every game. (first 2 weeks of EIRR) Everyone yelled at me and called me a noob and blah blah blah.

eventually i learned to just conserve my troops as much as possible and not retreat immediately. (especially for wehr)

Then i played airborne as allies. KICKED ASS!!! i miss my old ass airborne company.  Cry  (played airborne for a few months).

Learned how little skill it required to play AB. I struggled a bit on the other American doctrines because they just sucked ass.
That was way at the very beginning of EIR Reinforcements. Before all of those doctrine buffs and shit.

Went back to Wehr and learned how beautiful the ninja pak (still loved and missed) and KT were. Still struggled with win/loss ratio because i was just always outplayed either by airborne, commandos, or rangers.
Learned that it sucks to have a starting call in.

Now i am PE and enjoying it a lot. it's a good challenge; especially TH. PE is the shit the baby!  Cool

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
overfreeze222 Offline
Content Creator

« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2009, 02:56:54 am »

Tongue

Hmm, thats kinda gay... do de do do da do  Roll Eyes

now that u point it out.... it is really gay....
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 02:59:32 am by overfreeze222 » Logged
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2009, 03:28:30 am »

I remember my first game of EiRR (which was about 5 months ago).  I think it was with LtApollo, who I recognized from my previous 1 week spurt of EiR.  I thought he was a legend Grin

I got better by just playing a lot lol.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc