Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:10:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 16, 2024, 09:46:19 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New dood here  (Read 12945 times)
Konstantinov Offline
EIR Regular

« on: January 27, 2010, 09:50:05 pm »

Hey all I'm really interested in getting involved in this MOD. I plan on buying the Company of Heroes game with the 2 stand alone expansions later on tonight or early tomorrow. I had a question or two.

I don't have a mic, is there another place people use besides ventrilo? I read somewhere about the MOD chat thing on Relic Online, but anyways...

I plan on purchasing from Steam, so will that be an issue?

How stiff is the competition on here? I play a lot of RTSs, but am somewhat of a noob when it comes to playing online...

How does this MOD run exactly? Is there a map somewhere in the MOD or is it all just points based? Kinda confused on that part, but I am a bit of a pud.  

I can't really think  of any other questions, but if you have pointers or something like that, please let me know...  Embarrassed
o4b Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 09:58:12 pm »

Hey! Welcome to Europe in Ruins. I think you will find this game very fun and yes - the competition can be quite stiff Smiley

As far as i know (someone please correct me if I am wrong) EIR works perfectly with the steam-based install.

No, you don't need a mic, but it is certainly recommended. COH chat works nicely for in-game messaging.

Hope to see you around -

Quote from: EvilNRG
Pakman 1 : Hey look a slow  / dmg  vehicle is coming Pakman 2: snipe him while he is trying to escape. Pakman 3 hmm the English tea taste nice from what we got from the last staghound
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 09:59:04 pm »

I don't have a mic, is there another place people use besides ventrilo? I read somewhere about the MOD chat thing on Relic Online, but anyways...

The people who doesn't have a mic just uses PMs, or in game chat, but it's recommended to get into ventrilo so you can at least listen to the people who have mics.

I plan on purchasing from Steam, so will that be an issue?

Nop, you just need to make sure to install it to this directory : \Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes

How stiff is the competition on here? I play a lot of RTSs, but am somewhat of a noob when it comes to playing online...

Start playing with random teams, you'll probably loose, but try to find a group of players who have similar skills to yours while you do it. If you always play with random teams there's a good chance you'll get stomped quite often.

How does this MOD run exactly? Is there a map somewhere in the MOD or is it all just points based? Kinda confused on that part, but I am a bit of a pud.

You run the launcher---> Join a game ---> Ready up and then RTL ---> Join or host (if you hosted the game on the launcher lobby) the game on vCoH (it'll launch after you press the launch button on the launcher) ---> Choose a map, start the game ---> It's territory based, there aren't VPs, you capture them just by having infantry standing on them, or undeployed support teams; but you can't capture it if there's an enemy squad in it, or if it isn't connected to a friendly territory.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 10:02:44 pm by Killer344 » Logged

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 10:39:23 pm »

Heya Konstantinov,

In addition to what previous posts, heres some advice Wink

Use Ventrilo, whether you have a mic or not, its easy to find games that way - think of it as our meeting place or community room!

Try to find a helper or mentor (some have tags) - these people will help you build up your company, and teach you some beginning tactics.

Be prepared to lose Wink  This isnt an insult, but we have some of the BEST vCOH players here, and while not everyone is an expert, people who play here certainly get good at normal vCOH (well, the micro part anyway).

The game itself is run through a seperate program, it allows you to manage your company, choose benefits and creates the games themselves.  Eventually, the warmap will be dynamic, and be a mini-game in its own right!

So, in short - come into vent, and chat to anyone there!  Most people are friendly and will show you the ropes in a 1v1 or 2v2!

Good Luck!

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
bbsmith Offline
The Brain and Muscle

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 10:47:05 pm »

Also, don't accept candy from strangers.

EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 11:08:10 pm »

Also, don't accept candy from strangers.
But strangers have the TASTIEST candy!
BaleWolf Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 11:12:37 pm »

Prepare to be entered from the back door, repeatedly.

Records don't really matter that much.

Right now is the perfect time to start playing as there are no offmaps nor are there any broken doctrine abilities.

You'll quickly learn what assholes to avoid.

Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 01:45:00 am »

If you need any help getting set up,let me know i'm always in vent and my steam username is Computer991 Smiley

CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 01:45:37 am »

In addition to Balewolf's post, understand that everyone goes through the same struggles when they start playing EIR.  Very few players join the mod and start winning games right away. For some the learning curve is 10 games, for others it takes more than that, but you will learn, and its a lot of fun as long as you can avoid playing games that feature very unfair teams.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 01:52:06 am »

i love it how every single developer replies to one new guy  Cheesy
Silver1Wolf2 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 03:00:12 am »

That's because they wanna get to him while he's still not stroking out due to a smurf griefing session.

Oh and... Welcome to Hell Konstantinov  Grin
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 04:58:52 am »

i can has tasty candy, you'll like it.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2010, 06:02:07 am »

For fair games, start with 2vs2 maps, or 3vs3.

For the best game quality, play maps marked with "duck or die" they are all EiR high quality maps

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 09:05:31 am »

Be sure to look out for this MysthalinTLS guy, always stomps noobs and hunts vet he does!!

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 09:39:48 am »

Hi, I am sending you some links by PM to the most important stuff you could benefit from having read after you have installed coh and EIRR and is trying to set up your first company.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 09:44:19 am by Smokaz » Logged

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
crimsonrabbit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 11:02:14 am »

Welcome to EIRR.
Now you must impregnate a dolphin.
 Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips sealed Undecided Kiss Cry

I defy all laws of scienceee.

This is Bunny.
Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination
(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 11:43:29 am »

Hi, I am sending you some links by PM to the most important stuff you could benefit from having read after you have installed coh and EIRR and is trying to set up your first company.

Are you sending him pictures of the stiff competition he was asking about?

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 08:53:15 pm »

theres one guy cant recall his name he says hes played 50 games and still hasn't gotten the hang of it haha.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 08:57:40 pm »

Welcome to EIRR.
Now you must impregnate a dolphin.
 Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips sealed Undecided Kiss Cry

LOL

Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 02:21:52 am »

Hey-o, newbie.

As a heads up, if you don't join a rigged team of some kind, expect to lose a lot, perhaps even a majority, of your first 50 games. My first hundred games of EiR I was barely over a 50% win:lose rate just because I joined every game I could even though I wasn't the world's worst player (though I did have a thing for support spam... and paks. No sir, Killer didn't like those paks once I finally got a good team mate, no he didn't :p)

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc