Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:06:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bad company 2  (Read 46247 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« on: January 29, 2010, 08:50:38 am »

Beta is out , i'm currently playing it .
Lags alot , crashes alot and there are fps issues  but it's a beta so these things will be fixed probably.

The game is good , everything can be destroyed on the battlefield.
There are 4 classes which can be customised as you fit and new weapons and gadgets unlocked.
There is 1 global unlock for weapons, as you unlock the global weapons you can use them in all classes.

There is not much to write about the rest because it's just the good (or hated) battlefield. So i've you have played 1942 BF 2 or 2142 you know what to expect.
The biggest improvement is the destructible environment. The sounds are awesome also.

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 09:00:01 am »

The game is incredible. its about time the terrain in FPS can now be damaged (actual craters not just scarring) its nice how the battles go and the shooting is tuned to perfection. the battles are infact fun now since every round looks different due to objects exploded, houses exploded etc etc.

Yeaa the lag is annoying but lucky for my my comp runs around 20-25 fps full graphics which is well bareable enough for me to play and get on top leaderboard. but no doubt its gonna be fixed verrry soon the performance issues. i might try installing up to date ATI drivers tomorrow since ive heard things run smoother on the latest. (personal reason why i have outdated ati drivers)

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 09:35:39 am »

Just installing right now!

davidf78 Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 09:43:52 am »

i think EA in its great wisdom of luring the unsuspecting the prey to open their hearts and wallets is using the bate as a way to make people pre-order the game. i can guarantee the game will continue to be laggy and buggy well into its 3 month after the official release date. it is just a way EA does things and they will probably wont change anytime soon. never the less i might be get the game in-spite of this. what can i say am a sucker for FPS games especially the BF series  Tongue
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 09:46:50 am »

Who needs to preorder to play the beta, cool guys play it for free  Cool
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 10:01:10 am »

GReat what the hell. My brother downloaded the beta client and gave it to me, but whenever i want to install the shit, it asks me for a Bad Company 2 Beta -CD !? Blah.
BigDick
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 10:07:37 am »

modern combat sucks balls anyways
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 10:50:25 am »

Nvm, i got it, i had to unzip an .exe file ... And i mean the .exe had the wrong ending, it should have been .rar or .zip.
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 02:00:43 pm »

isnt it a open beta now? cause my client is saying i need a serial -.-
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 03:37:31 pm »

i think EA in its great wisdom of luring the unsuspecting the prey to open their hearts and wallets is using the bate as a way to make people pre-order the game. i can guarantee the game will continue to be laggy and buggy well into its 3 month after the official release date. it is just a way EA does things and they will probably wont change anytime soon. never the less i might be get the game in-spite of this. what can i say am a sucker for FPS games especially the BF series  Tongue
game name example of this in the past David?
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 03:52:48 pm »

isnt it a open beta now? cause my client is saying i need a serial -.-

Nope closed beta, german keys could only be recieved on some sunday night between 23-6 Uhr Tongue
Damit da keine kleinen Kinder reinkommen Cheesy
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 04:11:09 pm »

Baine your german is awful.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Nijo Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 04:32:40 pm »

his german is perfectly xD

more or less  Roll Eyes

danke nochmal
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 06:08:37 pm »

Actually David, EA needs Bad Company 2 to do well on all platforms. This is there Modern Warfare Killer app.

People seem to forget what a Beta is exactly. A beta isn't  a Demo; a Beta is designed to collect information to enable the end product to be better than it was at the point of the beta. The problem with the PC platform is that there are so many variables, this is why they need to do a beta to ensure that their engine can work on as many different configurations as possible so when they release, it just works. There will be beta patches and these will help smooth things out. EA isn't the evil tyrant it once was; they needed to clean their image and by providing continual support for their games, they are.

If you want a Demo that works, go play the 360 version (Which I have been) it works great.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 06:50:30 pm »

yea they have never done pc beta before

i wonder if they will make bf 1943 pc beta

imho i'm getting bf 1943 and not bad company 2 cause i like ww2 more and grinding for weapons is not my cup of tea :p
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 07:30:56 pm »

EA is doing more beta's with their games and it's been leading to less patches. I just find it so funny how much people complain about them. Go whine on their forums cuz thats what they want. If u dont like EA products, dont buy 'em and leave it to us who do, i'll always support EA, i love their games, sometimes they make games that are bad but in the end they have more great games than bad ones. I want the BC Beta, if its open how do i get it?

btw, can we quit bashing on EA now? They're not the big dawg in the room no morre, it's activition and they're bigger money whores than EA ever was. WOW, Guitar/Band/DJ Hero anyone?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 07:43:24 pm »

agreed with tym to a lesser extent.

First time i jumped on the bfbc2 furoms all i saw was whing, "Waaahhh refund" "Wheres the prone, no prone no game" im lolin here, i dont know about you, but i dont question game makers with there decision, they made the game, they already have it all planned out. deal with it. btw i love no prone, kills dolphin diving that ruined bf2 for me. cuz all i saw was everytime in contact people jumping on the floor.

Bc2 atm is great, its quite tactical, and you always see groups of guys on one team stacking up together and working as a team together. its so fun.

@nug
Agreed, but i saw the graphics of 1943. and i thought to myself, you know ill jsut deal with the modern warfare. it just a tad looks so much better than cartonnyy style, but it may be the map who knows. nevertheless i bet both games are extreme hits
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 04:54:58 am »

Yeah, I'm astonished that the game runs so smooth although it's a beta. And the physics are like Crysis while Crysis didn't manage to get directx9 physics in multiplayer.

The no prone is good aswell, makes for faster games, and there's still an awful lot of snipers everywhere, i couldn't even imagine the campfest that would result in prone snipers lying around everywhere.
Atmosphere is cool aswell, sounds are really giving you the feel of the fight.

My cons so far:
The controls in the beta are not all reassignable and not every key is listed there, makes for some uncomfortable controls for me.
The sound seems to only come from the left side, while on the right you got your voicecom i think, i had to adjust to that, can anyone confirm this, or is it my sound fucked up? Tongue
There is small lag, but that's ok, you can fix that, besides that it's pretty good.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 05:10:36 am »

Ill look out for the sound problem your having Baine
Lag as you mean server side? just check what server your connecting, im usually connecitng to UK or American sometimes french servers and well its waay more bareable than i inticipated. i could roughly guess it feels like 150-200 ping in those countries when it should be well over 250-280. nevertheless the Australian servers that im lucky enough to connect through Play-now have no lag at all, which was to be expected.
Mine doesnt run smooth. getting 25fps, but ive been hearing ATI cards have been having some performance issues atm, but of course its beta so cross fingers this isnt permenent. Cuz i have a 3ghz Dual core. 2Gigs of ram and Ati 4850 HD card. OR it could jsut be the harddrive its installed on which is probably the case actually (starts thinking into reinstalling on new harddrive)

Baine did you buy it through steam?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:12:28 am by Demon767 » Logged
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 05:18:11 am »

I didn't buy anything. I just got a beta key.

And the lag, i don't know if it's on purpose or not but when you shoot a rocket for example, the rocket takes several seconds before it goes off. Either lag or purpose, i know that bullets and such are influenced by gravity etc.

And the sound, well, when i shoot infront of me, only the left ear hears the shot clearly, the other side doesn't.

I already changed the sound to headphones.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc