Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 11:01:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.7.6 Patch Notes  (Read 60969 times)
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2010, 11:43:51 pm »

Gotta say a funny patch,i wonder whose behind all the balancing being done,i'm not going to lie i'm a bit skewed towards axis...And even to me this patch seems retarded...the stuart is useless now,and the stag is just lols,That's all i have to say.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2010, 12:34:50 am »

I'm seeing these changes to the stuart compared to the vanilla gun :
4 percent more penetration against panther (x1.25 from before)
7 and 14 percent more penetration by range (M/L)
11 percent more penetration against hetzer (x4 from before)
Damage mod vs Marder from 2x to 1.5x
Damage mod vs PE HT from 2x to 1.5x
Damage mod vs WM HT from 2x to 1x

I don't see how exactly that's a change into an anti-vehicle role... Other than for busting panthers and hetzers slightly better, anyway.

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2010, 12:46:48 am »

It could be bugged.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2010, 01:00:27 am »

I think the Stuart could of retained its canister shot and include the buff against Tanks.

This is how i classed how they performed in my head when i choose my Brit company.

Stuart is a 1Hit Wonder. It will reliably kill those Shrekked infantry every 180s. (or w/e the recharge was. i know it was long) though less mobile and couldnt take a hit. but it did a great job killing 120-240mu worth of shreks and other infantry upgrades. But it could only kill infantry every 180seconds. its 40mm could not snipe infantry worth of crap

Stag was not close to the 1Hit Wonder. but it could reliably kill infantry over a long period of time. it would be such a nuisance rather than a hard hitter against Infantry (lol) compared to the Stuarts canister shot. but it served a different role. It speed and Health also let it destroy light tanks with ease

instead of the Stuart wiping out a whole shrek squad in 1 second racking up 4-8 kills depending on blob. The stag reliably killed units through the course of battle using Micro.

Looking it this way. both served different play style and worked well under different situations depending on player preference

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #144 on: March 16, 2010, 01:05:13 am »

I'm seeing these changes to the stuart compared to the vanilla gun :
4 percent more penetration against panther (x1.25 from before)
7 and 14 percent more penetration by range (M/L)
11 percent more penetration against hetzer (x4 from before)
Damage mod vs Marder from 2x to 1.5x
Damage mod vs PE HT from 2x to 1.5x
Damage mod vs WM HT from 2x to 1x

I don't see how exactly that's a change into an anti-vehicle role... Other than for busting panthers and hetzers slightly better, anyway.

Vanilla gun doesn't get a dmg bonus vs WM HT.

And you seriously didn't check the difference in reload?
ImmanioEiR Offline
Donator

« Reply #145 on: March 16, 2010, 01:41:27 am »

Not to re-ignite the flaming or anything, but I must apparently be masochistic or something: I run (and ran before this patch) an armor company without t17s, bazookas or AP rounds, and I'm enjoying it. I'm not claiming to be a great player, winning all my battles, but I'm not losing them all either.
Jinker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #146 on: March 16, 2010, 02:11:31 am »

Guys, the only real problem here right now is that fact that you are QQing when you should be reshaping your company(s) a little and re-working your tactics. Everyone else does the same after every patch and reset.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #147 on: March 16, 2010, 02:12:19 am »

What the fuck is all the hubub about?
The Stag was horribly overpowered; to balance this out, the devs gave it a bit of a nerf, and and a whole shit ton of buffs to counter that nerf. Now the unit seems fairly balanced, without being terribly OP or way to expensive for it's output (I mean, it's not like the Ami HT MG is even bad). At least give it some time to sink in before you start making all these asinine judgments.
And the Stuart was a mostly-useless gimmicky unit, though Cannister shot was pretty OP. A unit that is useless 90% of the time, and OP the other 10% is not a good unit, nor is it good unit design (artillery withstanding). Seeing as Brits have plenty of AI, it makes sense for the Stuart to be given an actual (non-gimmick) role of light AT. Again, give it some fuckin time before you start crying like a baby.

Jesus, it's funny to watch all the scrubs complain as their OP stuff gets taken away, and they've got to start actually playing. Hell, with all the price/pop reductions, too, you can't even call this a nerf. The units are now actually balanced as they should be, and are no longer the mega-OP demigods that constantly demanded sacrifices of Axis infantry.
Fuck you, Staghound Rape MG Of Death, and good riddance. You too, Stun. Less I WIN buttons, and more actual playing, I say.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #148 on: March 16, 2010, 02:34:39 am »

well i like the change.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #149 on: March 16, 2010, 03:43:47 am »

NEW BUGS

Officers at vet 2 dont "Suport" any units exept infantry, and he done not follow then, paks, Nebbels, flak88 wont get suport, great...

Doctrine that gives you 30secs extra time, dose not work

Vent down?

What are the 2 new updates? What do they do?

^<-- Duck ™ and ©

We need more axis players!:
DasNoob Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2010, 03:52:50 am »

Thread cleared a bit.  This discussion is getting out of hand.  Play with the changes and post your findings like always.
* DasNoob salutes.

Quote from: fldash on Today at 06:22:34 PM
DISASTER AVERTED... IM A MOTHER FUCKING GENIUS!

You have DasNoob who uses the mod as COHTV
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2010, 05:13:04 am »

@Gamesguy: the old stuart had 5-6.5 reload time, the new one has 5-6...

Either way, it doesn't make the stuart any more specifically anti-tank : it's just an outright buff to the unit, rather than a change in it's role, so that's why I didn't check it. Either way - still not seeing what you mean.
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2010, 06:42:58 am »

NEW BUGS

Officers at vet 2 dont "Suport" any units exept infantry, and he done not follow then, paks, Nebbels, flak88 wont get suport, great...

Not a bug.  Supervise intentionally excluded nebels and 88s.  They still work on paks.

Wtf? Why? What's the reasoning behind that. I can understand that you guys didn't want it on tanks, but why now that change for no apparent reason?

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2010, 06:46:09 am »

What? If Officer can't supervise 88s or Nebels...what one wants to do with them then? They become worser than British Captains if they can't shoot saboteurs who shoot nebels...buffin paks and infantry ain't what I'd like to do with it ONLY It is specially bought to buff nebels

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2010, 07:07:29 am »

No it dose not supervise Paks

Defensive doctine should then be removed,

Before when there was "Attack/Defend" now its only M:E RE
The Defensive dose not do that much of a extra... Use

Callie got its gun back, put officers cant Supervise Stucka, Flak88 or Nebble?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 07:09:06 am by Duckordie » Logged
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2010, 07:18:09 am »

Doesn't the officer increase damage? And you want that on nebs?  Riflemen getting hit by a vet 3 one with doctrine buffs pretty much instant gibs them, as well as that burning fire.

Officers are primarily to support your infantry squads, just like the US Officer does his own men. I don't see the problem.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

ImmanioEiR Offline
Donator

« Reply #156 on: March 16, 2010, 07:21:47 am »

Historically (as in EiR's history, not RL history, of course), the defensive officer (the original officer) has been used to supervise support weapons. Mortars, nebels, PaKs, etc. Generally static units. I haven't played much Wehr lately, but if I start a new defensive company, I know I wouldn't be getting the officer to supervise infantry.
Duckordie Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #157 on: March 16, 2010, 07:23:32 am »

O.o

What dose the howitzer do?
Vet 3 Nebble... Do u know how hard that is to keep alive? I think we are 3 people with a vet 3 nebble,

Bah, I gonna go Blitz...
U can doge the nebble, it takes time to fire it also. So dont go that way

Officers should support Paks, Nebble, stukas. Nuff said
Also, Officers dont follow Inf when they walk
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #158 on: March 16, 2010, 07:27:48 am »

Doesn't the officer increase damage? And you want that on nebs?  Riflemen getting hit by a vet 3 one with doctrine buffs pretty much instant gibs them, as well as that burning fire.

Officers are primarily to support your infantry squads, just like the US Officer does his own men. I don't see the problem.

The defensive officer never was that kind of officer that you would have with your infantry. He was the officer that supervised support weapons, Flaks, Mgs, Mortars, Nebels, and even Stukas.
And no, I'm not talking about paks here because paks need to be cloaked, don't you think after two games people will know that the lonely officer in the field means trouble?

And if you want it to run with your infantry then you go for Senior Officers and have fun with that. Everyone else will stay with support weapons.
So give it back supervise to 88s and other support weapons. It's always been about that.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #159 on: March 16, 2010, 07:39:42 am »

O.o

What dose the howitzer do?

Howitzers can't move, can't fire as fast as nebs, nor do they have such a large area-denying effect that a neb can do (mass suppression and burning in areas hit, or some nasty damage on direct hits).  Howies only got a splash near their impact point, not like say the Captain's FOO which causes suppression.  So once that first slow shell comes in, you can move out of the way.  Neb fires so many rounds at once and just the first one exploding anywhere suppresses and keeps you in the area to die.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 07:42:48 am by lionel23 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc