Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 03:29:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doctrine Idea Suggestions  (Read 20487 times)
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« on: April 26, 2010, 08:17:32 pm »

Some of you out there have great imaginations and you come up with all kinds of ideas about the doctrine abilities for EIR. So rather than having the Dev team sift through X number of threads, we thought it would be best if we kept them all in one place.

So if you have any suggestions for Doctrine Abilities ect, just post them in here for us to read over. Who knows, you might even see your idea appear in a doctrine.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 08:48:21 pm »

Airborne Doctrine

T1- Pathfinder
Historically, these guys were dropped ahead to establish drop zones for the rest of the paratroopers.

200mp, 1 pop/1 man, Stormtrooper cloak

Able to set down flares on the battlefield with a "drop zone" radius. Any subsequent Paradropped troops that call in within this radius are delivered near instantainously, with no drift.

This would then make dropping paratroopers behind enemy lines optional again. Mainly because you know what the battle conditions are like the moment you want to drop, and there would be no possibility of having troops drift over a random ostwind or puma and get killed on the way down.

Flares can be sought out and killed as usual like a Brit radio triangulation box would be found.

Alternatively to this, they could also have a 30muni radar kit that gives awareness to anything in a 35m radius of the radar box. Id say 3 uses would be cool.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 09:02:54 pm »

for RCA:

also, one thing i took out is a AT shot from the 25 pdr (could add in priest) that'd be awesome, one powerful 250 dmg shot that penetrates all the time will mess up a tank. It'd just be tough to target cuz you'd need good LOS as it'd be a straight shot.

doc ability gives sprint to Lt's and captains.

Be able to cloak recon unit, can't use snipe ability from cloak.

AT rifle Grenades - Rifle Grenade that fires AP rounds. or would that be too much like piat?

Grenade Barrage - Rifle nade upgrade that allows for a quick barrage of grenades.

Creeping Barrage off map - Nuff said, but would come in random way, you wont know if it goes north-south, east-west

AP round for 25 Pdr. 25 Pdr can fire a single ap pround that equals the damage of the howtizer round.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 10:50:53 pm by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 09:09:58 pm »

Terror doctrine idea: Waffen SS

350 mp tier 3 unlock

5 man elite infantry squad that has ranger armor and can be equipped with 2 mg42s or 5 mp40s. They have assault grenades, faust, or regular grenades and can fire up. Most importantly, are the cool uniforms.

I know that this is similar to the Allied infantry doctrine tier 3 unlock, but that's the idea. This could be an alternative to the oak leaves upgrade, or just keep oak leaves AND add this in. I like the idea of creating a special infantry unit for terror.

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 01:26:17 am »

Royal Engineer suggestions:

T2 Hull down
hull down does not work in enemy territory and the buff only gets activated once the animation is complete.
to compensate the nerf, hull down now also works for light vehicles again.

T3 Tea Time (replaces for king and country, this t3 is lame anyway coz it can be uber stacked with the other doctrine buffs)
The tank drivers have decided it is time for Tea, so they get out and start repairing on their vehicles.
(field repairs active ability that allow you to still shoot but not move)

T2 Experienced targetting
5+ sight is increased to something like +15. the +5 is hardly noticeable.
extra sight is only there if the tank is standing still.

T4 ablative plating
the negative decay is inversed and becomes positive decay.
tank will keep healing itself untill the tank starts losing real HP (instead of overrepair)

SE doctrine ability:

anti building traps (replaces anti building barrage).
squad enters building and places trap..
when an enemy unit enters a building you will hear the "click", a few seconds later a big democharge will explode and make a big hole in the building.
the buidling is either destroyed or close to being destroyed.

the time it takes for the demo to explode is just long enough for an HMG squad that entered the building to get out on time. it is really close though.
the explosion will kill some guys inside the building, but not all(of a full health riflemansquad). if the building collapses everyone is dead too ofcourse.

it is very easy to escape from the building(its anti building trap), but if used correctly the enemy can be killed after they tried to enter the building, since they are all in the open now and their tactic to use the building to attack has failed.
badmorning01 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 02:29:24 am »

I thought making the Fallschirmjäger more independent from support would be a good idea, especially for PE which doesn't have any real utility units. Give them some AT capability beyond the very average panzerfausts (German parachutists used recoilless rifles). Perhaps making a smaller airborne AT squad, like the brit PIAT commandos?

BIG MOTHERFUCKER
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 04:53:50 am »

Infantry: Bell Tower, T3: All support weapons gain 10 range and 15/20% Increased accuracy and sight from inside buildings. Sniper fires at a faster rate like in old vcoh where the wehr sniper fired 2 shots at a time at vet3.

Infantry: Advanced Training T1: Rifles can now throw grenades/stickies from inside buildings with an accuracy penalty.

Armour: Hop On, T2: Infantry can now ride on tanks/vehichles for a slight speed penalty.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 04:56:41 am by deadbolt » Logged

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 05:27:26 am »

Infantry: Bell Tower, T3: All support weapons gain 10 range and 15/20% Increased accuracy and sight from inside buildings. Sniper fires at a faster rate like in old vcoh where the wehr sniper fired 2 shots at a time at vet3.

Infantry: Advanced Training T1: Rifles can now throw grenades/stickies from inside buildings with an accuracy penalty.

Armour: Hop On, T2: Infantry can now ride on tanks/vehichles for a slight speed penalty.

first one is worthy of a t4...and extra range for snipers is not a good thing...trust me.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 06:00:10 am »

NO!!!!

No doctrine shall ever get a range increase. we have already tested that and we saw how our doctrines turned out and how the imbalances took place

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
GrinningD Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 06:40:02 am »

NO!!!!

No doctrine shall ever get a range increase. we have already tested that and we saw how our doctrines turned out and how the imbalances took place

um....

Royal Engineers

T4 - Hold The Line

+5 Range MG/Mortar... (amongst other things)

"then allied commander sends a message, tiny, small, with a taunting words: 'Noob axis sp0t f0r ur 88 n00b'"

It's better when you kill your own vet! Hide a goliath near your vet 3 units and if anyone comes close BOOM!
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 06:59:53 am »

Defensive Doctrine

Fiery Defense

Infantry units(including MGs) that lost 50% of their total manpower gain Elite Armor.

Units that would really be affected by this: Volks, Grens, MGsquads.

Light PaK Gun

Unlocks a light PaK gun with more or less rapid fire that proves very effective versus light armor. (Much like bofors but movable)

Stuka Dive Bomber

Sends one Stuka Dive Bomber to drop a bomb on the target area. The bomb would be like twice the explosion of the Churchill Avre.
Although the plane would come in on the side of the map it wouldn't be shown on the minimap instead you could only here the famous sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaffV2y4Vx4

3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 07:37:51 am »

Regarding fiery defense: how about giving the allied bombing run to axis instead of stuka shot?
Eternal Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 08:02:19 am »

The Stuka idea should be Blitz, and replace Precision Artillery. As far as I know, airsupport was quite important for the early blitz campaigns.
Illegal_Carrot Offline
Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 11:10:31 am »

Defensive Doctrine
Stuka Dive Bomber

Sends one Stuka Dive Bomber to drop a bomb on the target area. The bomb would be like twice the explosion of the Churchill Avre.
Although the plane would come in on the side of the map it wouldn't be shown on the minimap instead you could only here the famous sound http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaffV2y4Vx4

Only if we get to keep the crying baby a the end.

Rifle87654: Give me reward points.
Brn4meplz: I'm drunk.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 11:18:40 am »

2x Explosion of AVRE = V1, you know that, right Baine?

ImmanioEiR Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 02:39:28 am »

Defensive Doctrine
Stuka Dive Bomber

Only if we get to keep the crying baby a the end.
I love how they just used a clip from Pink Floyd - In the Flesh.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 10:21:57 am »

Nerf all T4 and stop giving gimicky arcade doctrine abilities.
Implement a great war map and make the mod about persistency and wining , rather then spam games for pp and fantasy unlocks.

Just my opinion.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 10:26:08 am »

Nerf all T4 and stop giving gimicky arcade doctrine abilities.
Implement a great war map and make the mod about persistency and wining , rather then spam games for pp and fantasy unlocks.

Just my opinion.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 10:40:01 am »

Some form of Infantry only to resemble the early game in vcoh which always was AWSM with Wehr MG micro, US flanking action etc.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 10:50:46 am »

Some form of Infantry only to resemble the early game in vcoh which always was AWSM with Wehr MG micro, US flanking action etc.

This can only be done through game mode. R+ is the closest thing we got.

Hard to simulate vCoH early game when someone can bring on a tank, but you can still get the flanking down.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc