Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:16:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[April 25, 2024, 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ''The little mans journey'' The first jump  (Read 7683 times)
GeneralModel Offline
EIR Regular

« on: June 03, 2010, 03:47:07 pm »

3v3 Duking it out on tanteville

Alright finally got this going after compressing hell to get it onto youtube and uploading it to deliver max HD stream for your convenience.

In my first shoutcast for the long coming project
We got

Axis
HDEuropeinruins
Heartman
Dvman

Going up against

windfly
badmorning
EIRRwarrior

(Part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPweY0qgbAA

Thing to improve on
- Audioquality and sound levels could be better
- Need to talk more about my personal view and assumptions etc.
- Need to talk louder rather then mumbling (I personally think the shoutcast gets way better later in game when I get more into it and actually excited) In the start especially its very bad compared to later on.
- Need to get more accustomed so will probably start shoutcasting just normal games or do requests.
- Need to drop the accent (I get very easily influenced) and speak just fluent american english
- Catchphrases
- Some better structure (Intro - Players - map - start etc.)
- Need to cut out crap like ahhh ehhh, ssss, hmm, emmhh *pauses*

There are loads to improve especially down to the core i.e my voice which I hopefully can master and improve as I sound very confused many times especially early on.

Things that need to be added
- Outro
- Intro
- Misc
- Better programs (Video capturing)
- Better hosting sites (Something that can just upload it without me needing to compress it=

Ps.

I have to say I had a blast doing this and decided to start shoutcasting regularly.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 03:55:56 pm by GeneralModel » Logged
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 03:56:38 pm »

I am.... impressed...

I'll hook up to the PR Team in about 1 hour.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 03:56:59 pm »

I like that your doing these on youtube. The movies could be in longer segments. you can go up to 10 minutes of film time instead of 3ish.

My suggestion: Do the whole thing with FoW off so you can comment on your opponant, what you thought of his build/why his call in was so effective/ineffective against your own. Edit, yep you do this, good job.

That kind of stuff. Especially if you are gonna focus on mostly your own play.

Also, since you are shoutcasting your own games, and i dont know if your doing this, cause i am only able to watch the first video at the moment, but interject your thoughts on your own strategy outlook as a new player.

Then in later videos this is something that you can recap on and you can say stuff like. "well this stuff i was doing didnt work last game vs. (insert strat here), so this is what I did to compensate...."

Other than that, good job so far. Ill be watching as the youtube videos process.

Edit 2- I cant completely tell, but it looks to me like you have your FRAPs on half video instead of full. When you scroll the screen, the pixels get fuzzy then sharpen.

Try it on full video next time and see how it goes. If your PC cant handle that, try the "WeGame" client. I use that and IMO its much better than fraps. Less CPU strain. www.wegame.com
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 04:05:01 pm by Groundfire » Logged

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 03:57:06 pm »

Thats great start, i like it. keep it up!

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
GeneralModel Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 04:01:33 pm »

I like that your doing these on youtube.

My suggestion: Do the whole thing with FoW off so you can comment on your opponant, what you thought of his build/why his call in was so effective/ineffective against your own.

That kind of stuff. Especially if you are gonna focus on mostly your own play.

Also, since you are shoutcasting your own games, and i dont know if your doing this, cause i am only able to watch the first video at the moment, but interject your thoughts on your own strategy outlook as a new player.

Then in later videos this is something that you can recap on and you can say stuff like. "well this stuff i was doing didnt work last game vs. (insert strat here), so this is what I did to compensate...."

Other than that, good job so far. Ill be watching as the youtube videos process.

Great points and thanks for the response guys
I will be very much looking into the my side only and keep fow off for regular shoutcasts
and hmm you should be able to see the other videos just check the video response or search for hdeuropeinruins in the search bar or just go to my channel.

Oh and 80 shoutcasts for the win hell yeah ;P
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 04:06:15 pm »

I just subscribed. Smiley

Great job. btw, i edited my first post with more of my useless opinions. Cheesy
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 04:13:16 pm »

games with FoW is also very imporant.

people can't get the feeling you had yourself while playing the game if the FoW is off.
there will be no more "where will they attack next?" feeling, or a tiger abushing totally unexpected.

look how cann0nball did it: WITH FoW. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E55Git8rcro
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 04:21:29 pm »

On small map 1vs1 games, id say go for the FoW, but not when there's 6 ppl in a game.

We would want to create suspense, not a feeling of confusion. FoW in 3vs3s does that. There are so many points of action at once and by players that are not yourself that it is just not worth it and IMO, hinders the quality of the shoutcast.

That doesnt mean that you shouldnt toggle it on/off, to show what ppl can and cant see. This gives some depth, and that's good. Just dont have it on all the time.
Computer991 Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 11:45:29 am »

Good job,but if you're on the PR team.. upload the rest of the videos to the official EIRR youtube Cheesy please.

TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 10:01:54 pm »

Dude, let me just say, this is awesome work your doing.

I enjoyed watching your video, and I really hope you keep doing these!

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 03:34:37 am »

Well done!
badmorning01 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 03:46:40 am »

Oh, god... My pathetic attempt at playing brits shoutcasted. Great. ;d

BIG MOTHERFUCKER
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 03:56:39 am »

Having those "Eeeh, ummm" type of things gives realistic things for the shoutcast. xD It proves that you are a newb in it but yer trying it out!

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 09:33:45 am »

So..is this gonna continue?

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
GeneralModel Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 09:53:01 am »

Update

I have not been able to even get on internet for weeks now due to a failure with my operator.

Also spent a day formating to windows7 (sweet dual core processing)
Sorry for not been updating, will being rolling again as soon as I can.

Ps.

Do anyone know any site where I can just upload a 60(max)minute game?
I still got some compress tricks to maximize youtube but if anyone know a really really handy site I would be glad.
So in short: Yes it will continue
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 12:02:35 pm by GeneralModel » Logged
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 03:22:52 am »

It's been over a year and youtube supports long ass uploads now :/
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 03:31:26 am »

Well done

why is everyone except me retarded?
Pages: [1]   Go Up