Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 11:40:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post your first post ever  (Read 11286 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« on: June 07, 2010, 01:29:31 pm »

Do it!

Mine:
I can map to a degree although I still have to get good at perfectionising maps and making them look even better but you'll need multiple mappers anyway Tongue.

I'm also good with R&D.

Hahah

To find your first post ever:
Go to your profile and go to the last page under "latest posts"
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 04:21:29 pm by Unkn0wn » Logged
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 01:31:43 pm »

mine is better

treadbreaker ability should be treadbraking  Angry

it just makes the stupid suicide croc rushers not crocrushing anymore! same with stupid sherman blobs of 3 players-.-
this cant be my first one..i joined november 2008.

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 01:31:57 pm »

1. How did you first discover EIR?
Through a post in the RelicGames/CoH Forums

2. How easy/difficult was it to understand what EIR was about?
Relativley easy

3. How quickly did you get into it? did you have a look, think nah, then come back a few days later or did you dive right in?
Well, i first started making my first Company and thought, this is gonna be fun. After my first 1v1 i thought nahh... but after watching the recently added 3v3 Shoutcast (intense like a movie Cheesy ) i gave it another try, and well, it got me now Cheesy

4. How easy/difficult was it to join the forums and set up your account and companies? how did you find the interface?
Pretty easy, interface is ok, gives a good overview(ok to the new one, up from now, i have yet to get used to)

5. How easy/difficult was it to get your first game? and what did you think about your first game?
Ok well, i had to get Ventrilo, some1 explained everything, i fought as well as i could, but lost, ofcourse... didn't like it at that point Cheesy

6. after a few games what do you think?
I like it! But I found that I'm more the 3v3 Player

7. what are your views of the community as a whole?
Nice, helpful and such!

8. Any comments?
Can't wait for PE and Brits Cheesy

EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 01:33:02 pm »

Seriously, since the Wehrmacht Sniper now has to fight for his veterancy it would be a good idea to give him the running in cloak at Vet 3 aswell.
I just dont see how its balanced that the american sniper has such superior vet to the Wehrmacht sniper overall.
Example is vet 1: Allied Sniper gets a 25% harder chance to hit him while the Wehrmacht sniper gets a crappy health generation, which I wont benefit from the least thing when hes laying dead on the grass already.
Thoughts?

lol

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
wildsolus Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 01:42:11 pm »

very nice play Skaevola, you def carried that game

last tiger kill was very nice

jackmccrack Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 01:43:15 pm »

Hello, one of my companies is locked in Battle 5114 a 1v1 with StuartAirborne. The War Control panel went down while we were playing and now we're stuck.

Let's talk about PIATs in a car.
Falcon333 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 01:46:56 pm »

Player changed his eir account while the battle was engaged, and cant create his old account again. Cant abandon the battle alone, now my company is stuck forever. Until nice fldash jumps in and abandons the battle.  Smiley

I'm sorry i messed up your company, i got a bit quick in recreating my account.

"Chance favors the prepared mind"
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 01:48:32 pm »

Howies dont fix stupid.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 01:48:58 pm »

Lessons learnt:

Rangers undepriced
Ab underpriced
RR underpriced
Sherman underpriced
Calliopie and howie reload time to short
Riflemans squad to cheap
And much more...

This is not the oldest but one of the first, can't stop laughing every time I read it.

It changed after I lost my virginity as allies.

TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 01:50:34 pm »

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=085CFTQ1

Just finished this battle, and it sure was a good one. It was 3v3 in Linden and it turned out to be one of those games where both sides have practically nothing left in the last few minutes and it's a delicate life-or-death chess game with those last few precious units.

Of particular note was Tishut's brilliant micro'ing with a single wolverine against a wounded panther and a full health marder. Watch the replay to see the outcome.  Wink

Everyone made a few mistakes (I carelessly neglect my leutenit in the opening minutes, for example), but there were some fantastic moments and all around it was one heck of a game.

Final Stats:

Allies:______Kills__Losses__Total

Montie:_____78____75____20200       
BoldAsLove:_69____105___18885
Trishut:____64____43_____18345

Axis:____________Kills__Losses__Total
Psilighta:_________82____64_____16330
VariantThirteen:____72___73_____15715
Scotzmen:_________62___80_____11535

Cheers,
-WindCriesMary/BoldAsLove

I could have sworn I've been at EiR for longer than 14 months, but I guess not!

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 01:53:34 pm »

newb!!
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 01:56:14 pm »

I remeber all players from winds game.
ipfk Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 01:58:48 pm »

Why use combined arms when i can spam 17billion RR's?  Cheesy
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 01:59:40 pm »

Why use combined arms when i can spam 17billion RR's?  Cheesy

from this account even mkay

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 02:10:08 pm »

my first 50 posts were all about maps,
but this..... is gold:

youre right smokaz, the sherman should go faster in reality, and its better too, becosue you can now attack an enemy with extra speed, and at that time the sherman is fragile to mines, but ofcourse you cant have crabflail on all the time becouse it would be rangers with constant fire up.
conclusion:
the crabflail must increase the shermans speed, be used like fire up(works for some seconds then automatic stops again). sherman must have kind of mine detection when its engaged so you can quickly drive over a mine when you see it.
prive might must go up a bit too.
finaly the crabflail will be used in a lot of ways! and that what it deserved, becouse it was such a great tool in WW2

What the hell was I thinking LOL
sheffer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 02:13:56 pm »

first post was typical
hi dudes.
after downloading patch i have problem with starting launcher. after clicking LOGIN application always crashing. anyone have same problem?

but second was awesome
Hi guys
3 wh snips on a field with ht. yes, allies lost a players, but we hold gren blob succefully until that bad guys starts working with blob.
What do u think? IMO its abuse, player focus just on his snipers on a field and crash a game.

Senseless and ruthless.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2010, 03:30:11 pm »

First post was me asking for help installing the mod cause salan was in the process of updating when I tried.

Second post was a back and forth between me and Baine over a game where one of my ranger squads vaporized 2 of his volks.

I'm usually not the guy that says "this is op, and this etc" but the Rangers with Thompsons, just cant be right atm.
They cut through infantry like 3 groups of Vet 3 KCH.
I just had a game where i charged 2 volks squads (fresh and new) vs a 4 men ranger squad (who was in green cover). But i have to say that it was just like 5 meters for my Volks to reach them. I just thought ok, ultimate test, 2 volks vs 4 men ranger squad.
Well, the first volksquad didnt make it to them. Ripped apart half way. The second squad arrived with 3 men. Killed instantly after arrival. The 4men ranger didn't take no dmg at all.

lol, dude, thats how it is in retail.

You dont charge basic infantry with bolt action rifles into SMG elite infantry when they are in heavy cover, and you begin the charge in a river bed.....

That was just plain error on your part. If you had fought my rangers at range you would've won.

P.S. Rangers have Elite armor, not Heroic. You only got heroic if your a KCH or a Brit officer.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2010, 03:33:44 pm »

Do it!

Mine:
I can map to a degree although I still have to get good at perfectionising maps and making them look even better but you'll need multiple mappers anyway Tongue.

I'm also good with R&D.

Hahah

3 years and still accurate!

as for me

maybe all the allied newbs who joined over the last couple of weeks have now learnt the game and it turns out we are better than you Wink
cocky from the start

Funny how many of us joined around March 2008. I think it was that Bastion shoutcast posted on relicnews.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 03:36:00 pm by Sach » Logged

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 03:43:28 pm »

Talking about vet icon rework XD

consistant until vet 3 where the artwork is more bolder and gold

wow lol

although my 5th ish post is more interesting.. memories  Smiley

about battle advantages
I AGREE!!! ive lost 15 games in a row. I want everything nerfed but my companie ... lol Roll Eyes so where im oging with this.

You can give a newbie player to much, atm yea i agree the advantages do nothing agaisnt 3 vet pershing or vet 3 ranger etc. but if god forbid i actually start winning games, would i really want to get defeated by a person who has no experience what so ever and heres me having lost 50 games in a row(my best estimate) finally begun to actually win. i dunno thats jut my opinion.

Possibly showing how many PP an army used could make people decide if they are getting stacked or not. dont know if that would solve anything but i know it would help me alot since the americans just keep on bloody coming.. Americans = asians millions of em

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 03:48:31 pm »

I had like 3 accounts lol took me a bit

lol yeah, i find the axis tough to play with although i love the panzer elite (another n00b faction?) are brits pro or n00b?

first post on this profile

with my AB I use the drop ability to support my AT. Usually trying to stop behind tanks, infantry, repair etc. to catch the axis off guard. Also dropping AT's in is a super ability if used right.

with my AB I use the drop ability to support my AT. Usually trying to stop behind tanks, infantry, repair etc. to catch the axis off guard. Also dropping AT's in is a super ability if used right.

I just started an infantry company and played on game. Having the artillery is a use advantage but it needs to be support by AT AND MGun as once you start firing since you can't move it they axis come hunting for you so I've had to adjust for that. But I think  I'm just going to start mixing it up. I've made one support company where i only have 4 rangers and a high mix of other stuff, one with a bunch of rangers 1 howie and engineer's for support duty (i love engies) then I think I'm going to make a mobile squadran that doesn't have any shermans or m10's but only have fast units so i can hit and run. use rangers in half tracks to run up behind tanks, jump out blast 'em and go lol it worked a lil last n ight but unfortunately i ran into an AT squad as well so that didn't work so hot but it did catch the tank off guard. I'm trying to figure out what I like. Personally...I like the british doctrines better to tell the truth but the american infantry company is the closet so i'm stuck.

I use sappers a lot with brits Cheesy

and my current profile with me quoting my wildfire account lol

I find the PC for RTS &TPS. I like the Consoles for FPS games and racing games. Umm..thats about it.

FPS games y ou like better on console than PC? wow...TPS are better on  console than on PC imho and that's from playing a TPS right now that's giving me fits cuz of the console scheme lol

I'm different okay...  Grin

Obviously...i just can't take the control scheme of fps shooters on consoles...unless you're a fan of auto-aim Tongue

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc