Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:21:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[March 22, 2024, 01:44:39 am]

[March 10, 2024, 03:58:45 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where did you hear about EuropeInRuins? (To the new guys)  (Read 36653 times)
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2011, 03:31:23 pm »

2. What made you try the mod?
   - Friends played it, then the community as a hole.

Who's the community asshole?

Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2011, 03:33:05 pm »

as-a-whole

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2011, 03:38:42 pm »

Who's the community asshole?

Ahahahahahahah

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2011, 07:22:08 am »

Roll Eyes im not saying  Grin

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2011, 08:42:43 am »

1. Where did you hear first about EiR, what were your first impressions?
Umm, I was on ModDB for some reason, strolled over to the CoH mods and found this. I was (still am) a total noob at first, committed that most heinous crime of having a different Relic name Cheesy

Baines' Tiger Ace video was, and still is awesome. I also liked the idea of having my own unique army of mans.

3. How went your first games/first experience with the mod?
Needless to say I got stomped and pwned and thrashed multiple times over before I became even remotely proficient with anything.

4. What's your general view on things so far?
Me likeh teh mod. Things are going well, always room for improvement as we all know, just want that silly old warmap to rear its head sometime soon!

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2011, 09:14:58 am »

ModDB I think, it was a long time ago and I was looking for CoH mods as I just got it free and was bored with the campaign and skirmish, i checked out the website and fell in love but didn't have OF yet so saved up some money and bought it the next month.

The thought of a continuous war. I thought it was something like risk or like an MMO but meh I still loved it.

My butt is still sore. I think I played Apex and AmPm in my first game, suffice to say I got totally stomped.

still here 3 years later aren't i? Love it.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2011, 11:26:34 am »

Hmm might as well toss in my experiences too.

I saw some youtube videos for vCoH and ended up watching EiR videos.

I loved the lack of base building and managing that allowed the fighting to be way more intense.

I was totally demolished over and over again as I was completely terrible. Then I took a lengthy break and just came back recently and only now started to improve.

I really like it a lot. I have a few issues with things that seem a little unbalanced but I enjoy it anyway. (upgraded volks are too good)

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you

Your mom, and your grandma wont know....
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2011, 11:29:45 am »

What's your launcher name?
Valexandes Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2011, 11:36:10 pm »

valexandes. It would be the same on here to but i made a typo when i first set it up.
Contaminator Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2011, 11:40:34 am »

From my good buddy valexandes, aka valexamdes on the forums

loved vCoH (despite the balance issues) thought this mod looked good and valexandes insisted

was roflstomped over and over by trip vet axis spam... I still have nightmares about it Wink
I have since returned and have met with slightly more success and less failure

Generally good, there are improvements being made and some good ones made during my absence. Its a big and complicated game and is hard to balance and I respect that (despite complaints on some issues). Will be around for the long haul   Cheesy

the nashorn is like a kid with a giant penis, it has no idea how to use it or where to point it most of the time but it could still fuck you
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2011, 12:52:35 pm »

I believe it was through GR or modDB. Sounded great, all I needed was that there was no base building to be intrigued

Reading the forums, I then signed up and toyed around with making companies online in the browser thing while I was at work. I thought it was so cool! But to be honest I toyed around with that for some time, I was a comp stomper in vCoH, and I didn't think I was ready for EIR, but eventually I just got so bored with vCoH.

I got totally completely rolled, over and over. It was quite discouraging, I was right, I wasn't ready for EIR. I went back to comp stomping... but something about EIR stuck, and I found myself going back, getting steam rolled over and over. I mean no resource points to cap and no base building, I just HAD to learn how to play. I eventually started doing auto match 1v1s in vCoH to up my skill and micro. Once I got to level 9ish I figured I was ready. And I was right, I could do alright, and could at least listen to people when they gave me advice. It was a LONG road before I even started getting a 1:3 w:l ratio, but I was happy. I because even happier once I started getting 1:1 w:l ratios. And now, finally, after playing the mod off and on for like... 3 years, I have a positive w:l ratio, I don't know if I'll ever get to 2:1 w:l, but as long as I'm winning more games than losing I'm happy =)

Welp since I've seen the mod go through a lot of different phases, I have to say I like where it's at now, I feel like things are finally really coming together. But I'll always miss things of the past, old raid assault AB, obm, and omniscience. Reinforcements, when you could have units from other factions, so cool! But to be honest, for the most part, I think things might be as balanced as they have ever been.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Boehm Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2012, 11:38:31 am »

Hi guys, I just signed up after watching the KrebsCOHO cast showcasing EUR ... yet to play my first game.

35yo, from Denmark ....

btw> Remember seeing somewhere that I should sign up using my name from COH ...unfortunately I remembered wrong and signed up using my usual name ...not the name I run by in COH (Snaphane) ...and now I cant find out how to change my name or delete my account to set it up again with a new name (forum wont let me register a second account...) Anybody who can help me?

LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2012, 11:41:29 am »

the only name that matters are your launcher profile names.

take a look at step 5 in this tutorial:
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=22387.0
Berzerker89 Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2012, 02:03:29 pm »

1. KrebsCOHO  Youtube , and i must have it

2. youtube vids

3. Won my first match in a 3v3 /Great experiance so far

4. Haven't played many matches yet but over all im impressed with it and plan to play it more
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2012, 03:55:06 pm »

1. KrebsCOHO  Youtube , and i must have it

2. youtube vids

3. Won my first match in a 3v3 /Great experiance so far

4. Haven't played many matches yet but over all im impressed with it and plan to play it more

Welcome Berzerker - if you survive the trial by fire that is 'Beginning the mod', enjoy you stay and teach the old school some lessons Wink

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2012, 04:47:51 pm »

Trial by fire is a understatement. we can call it hells fog.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
ALLiDOisWIN Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2012, 04:53:32 pm »

i be trolling  Cool
Shabtajus Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2012, 02:09:07 am »

tankedit: no need for personal attacks.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:30:21 am by tank130 » Logged

I feel like if Smokaz and Shab met up it would be a 50/50 tossup to see which one of them robbed the other first.
Tries to convince people he's a good guy,says things like this. Scumbag Shab.
Indy Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2012, 08:54:27 am »

Hello.
I Played in CoH Online and when this down just waiting and search for infos about any good mods for CoH.
Game without HQ buildings.
My first battle wast so bad Smiley of corse we lose.
I've played 3 battles and I must say it's awsome work and I wait for more Smiley

IF you want more opinion for my vision for game just ask.
Best Regard
Indy
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:42:57 pm by Indy » Logged
Fram Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2012, 04:12:19 am »

I was watching a VCOH shoutcast on youtube and a EIRR replay was linked.
I was very interested by the preset company idea.

Bored by VCOH I needed a new game experience.

I was very impressed by the work done on the mod, everything was easy and simple thanks to Tank130' tutorials videos.
But without them I think I would have found some menus and setups not very intuitive.
Anyway even if I'm a noob the first games were exciting, even more now that I've stopped rushing with my FJ like in VCOH.

I'm very pleased and I'm quite sure I'll stay on the mod for a long time because it fits with my game type wish.
I can add that the community made me a good welcome. Ppl here are ok to play with noobs and always give some good advices, I've seen some trashtalk on the tchat too so I think there's a good mixture of goodwill and teasing, perfect to please everyone Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc