Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 12:36:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rise Up Ye Opressed and Burdened Plebs!  (Read 20973 times)
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« on: June 11, 2010, 08:11:33 am »

So with all the drama that has been going on lately, boy am I mad. Or atleast I was, until I sat down and thought this whole situation through and realized it's really all so simple. The perfect solution was sitting right in front of us this whole time, we just didn't realize it.

So I propose that all developers, mods, and people who contribute their time and effort to the mod stop wasting so much time with all that nonsense and focus on grinding their accounts. Why? Because I'll be damned if I have to work my ass off playing tons of  games in this free mod in order to grind up an account to rank 9, just to see these free loaders waltz in with rank 9 accounts they didn't earn. WTF is up with that? I mean it's like they think spending hours a day coding, having meetings, coming up with doctrines, maintaining the site, moderating the forums, working their assess off to promote the mod and come up with advertising, and all that other waste of time shit they do somehow entitles them to what the rest of us have to slave away doing. I mean don't they realize playing EiR GAMES is fucking hard work?

FUCK,  I mean we regular players are like the plebs from the Roman empire, right? Exactly like them. We slave away and carry the whole mod on our backs without proper compensation while the lazy elites in the dev/contributor team get to relax and play around all day.   And by relax and play all day, I mean do all the fucking work that keeps this mod afloat. Wait a second, maybe that is the WORST AND LEAST FUCKING APPLICABLE metaphor anyone has come up with in the history of the world. Oh well, maybe if I keep repeating it and shouting it with extra populist rage no one will notice my completely hypocritical and embarrassingly stupid reading of basic, simple history. WAIT, maybe that is how the Pleb comparison works! We're completely uneducated!!

So yeah, this is outrageous and I have every right to be really mad. In fact it's fucking absurd. I mean lazy ass slackers like Deadbolt getting like 20 games worth of exp FOR NOTHING just because he played a few hundred games to promote the mod in vCOH?!?! WTF IS THAT INJUSTICE?!?! I have a new name for EiR, it's called NAZI GERMANY. Fuck the oppression around here.

I'm tired of being the slave while EiRMod and his band of favorites just lounge around all day in the sun enjoying the fruits of our labours. It's time we rise up and show them who really does all the work around here!!!

In fact I have half a mind to quit this free mod that I do nothing to contribute to other than rage about how unfairly I'm treated and how ungrateful the mod is to me. That will teach them!!!

-Wind
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:18:48 am by TheWindCriesMary » Logged

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 08:15:30 am »

Love it!

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 08:16:15 am »

Take a nap and stfu! Kiss

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
BigDick
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 08:21:53 am »

1. the community is way to small to give all devs, balance advisors, pr team guys, content creator and mappers free fully build companies for "private" free use to walk out and stomp the remaining noobs and people who have to grind

2. i see nothing that would be bad for the mod when everyone who does something for it has to do the same persistent way all other have to do to build their company

exactly the opposite thing is true it will favor providing a better point of view on balancing, mod behavior, and the remaining community
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 08:23:38 am »

Haha  Cheesy
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 08:24:57 am »

Take a nap and stfu! Kiss

Was just about to say well that’s a constructive comment, but neither was mine so i guess I’ll leave that one for later. But you DO see winds point, and I fail to see yours? Other than trolling ofc.

So to make a more constructive comment, I think your absolutely right wind, people should not get any perks for working there asses off, they should just be happy they are allowed to work, like the rest of us.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 08:25:25 am »

2. i see nothing that would be bad for the mod when everyone who does something for it has to do the same persistent way all other have to do to build their company

Exactly! You are a genius sir!

Why should the lazy assholes who "do something" for the mod be treated any better than those like you and me who do nothing but troll the forums and go afk when tough opponents join our games? FUCKING INJUSTICE!!

They should have to do everything the rest of us useless assholes have to do. No more free ride just because they dedicate their time, money, and effort to making this mod a better place.

It's the good of the mod people like you and me are thinking of!!! BIG DICK FOR PRESIDENT!

-Wind
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 08:27:22 am »

lololol

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
BigDick
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 08:31:56 am »

windcriesstacki, i find it very amusing how you joined my teams after you realized that im not new and that it may lure some average/bad non rank9 company guys to play against you

furthermore i find your doge excuses like "time for lunch" etc. often when a team is not stacked in your favor very amusing

or your teamchat "guys we are playing noobs" "oh fail" after i took on two of your team alone where the other two took on you very amusing

and i find it amusing how you don't get the point

anyways im looking forward how many people will stop playing because they need to grind from day one while others are slaughtering them every game using rank9 companies
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:34:15 am by BigDick » Logged
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 08:34:13 am »

will be fixed tomorrow tbh. more XPs/PPs per game ftw!

Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 08:34:40 am »

As I was going to post in the other thread before it got locked :

IMO people who do work for the mod should be rewarded.

I don't agree with this. I know that I personally, when mapping, always did it to give back to the community, not because I expected something in return. Whoring the mod out on pps just doesn't sit well with me. It just seems wholly irrational to not experience the mod the same way the community does.

And anyways these rants were not aimed at the developers, but at those silly people who reap the benefits (to some extent for just being around for a long time ie : the patricians) without actually contributing to the mod.

CAESAR IS NOT AMUSED BY YOUR SATIRE

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 08:36:45 am »

Its no longer allowed to use test accounts, and not all were lvl 9. So the people who only played on test accounts, can no longer use them, and have to start at lvl 1. The games they played on there to grind from for example lvl 6 to lvl 8 are gone.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 08:39:00 am »

Surrendering of power can only be done voluntarily, even if it’s a threat towards you, you still have to CHOOSE to surrender.

It’s the same with the slaughter, when you start trying to fight to win you might actually play like you Give a "dick".

Furthermore, a lvl 9 account gives you a lot of boons, this is true, but in the end and man skilled with a rock can kill a rookie with a sword anyday.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 08:50:57 am »

And anyways these rants were not aimed at the developers, but at those silly people who reap the benefits (to some extent for just being around for a long time ie : the patricians) without actually contributing to the mod.

YEAH!!

Those silly people like Nevyen, Akranadas, Computer, and Groundfire who reap the benefits just because they've been around for a while.

I mean all Nevyen has ever done is pay for our ventrillo server since the beggining of time. WHAT A FREELOADER!! I'd rather DIE than see him get a few reward units thrown his way! What does he think this is??? Freeloaders All You Can Eat Buffet In Ruins??! It's time he earned his keep for once, instead of just paying for our invaluable vent server for years without ever asking for money or reward. END THE INJUSTICE!!

And Akranadas, our PR liason who (in addition to being a mod for us here) co-ordinates all our advertising and constantly manages (sometimes too much!) the mod posts we have on GR, Moddb, and relicnews. WHEN WILL THE FREEBIES TO UNDERSERVING PATRICIANS END?!

And Computer?!?! When is he going to do some actual contributing to the mod. Those tutorial videos don't count, because I'm choosing not to remember them. Plus they probably only took 10+ hours to make. MAYBE IF HE HAD SPENT THAT TIME PLAYING GAMES LIKE US PLEBS, HE WOULDN"T BE IN THIS POSITION!! ARGHH POPULIST RAGE!@

RISE up plebs! Take back our free mod!!

-Wind
Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 08:51:08 am »

This Thread lacks irony warnings for the stupid pleb masses!

CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 08:51:42 am »

hahaha
we need a new smiley Tongue
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 08:54:20 am »

I <3 Wind  Grin

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
BigDick
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 08:56:24 am »

there can be other nice benefits than giving advantages on battlefield in a persistence mod like being able to give (vet) units own names or having custom skins
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 08:56:47 am »

I <3 Wind  Grin

STAY BACK LONGSHANKS!! Your tyranny will be undone!!

-Wind
MultiDoc Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 08:57:44 am »

there can be other nice benefits than giving advantages on battlefield in a persistence mod like being able to give (vet) units own names or having custom skins

+1 to BigD

Or maybe we can all use the "donate" button and wait for our lvl 9 companies  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc