Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 04:32:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] Asymmetric Warfare  (Read 12817 times)
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 12:22:18 am »

I believe it but Gamesguy wants a replay, you don't happen to have a replay of that match do ya on hand?  Undecided

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 12:38:27 am »

The only problem I see with the grenades is that two of them instantly suppress anything they hit, which essentially means that you're giving an improved version of suppression fire to a squad - entirely for free.

Simply tone down the suppression for these grenades, and it should be fine.

Jazzhead Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 12:40:46 am »

I believe it but Gamesguy wants a replay, you don't happen to have a replay of that match do ya on hand?  Undecided

No. It was Me and 10thPanzer vs WindHunter and WindCriesMary. Just play vs WindHunter b/c he has AsymWarfare

Uglysori Offline
EIR Veteran

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 01:01:40 am »

Gaelth mentioned that there seems to be some sort of damage threshold linked to it.  If the enemy backs off his squad, the unit using assymetric warfare will follow the unit throwing infinite grenades.  Also I've seen the bazooka volley do multiple volleys off one squad which owned one of my ht's that i didn't back off since i thought it would survive the dmg of "one" bazooka shot.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2010, 06:47:13 am »

I've used it and played against it. The Anti Inf part of the ability is good and also T4 worthy, not better not less. The zooks however seem very weak to me. The anti building part still makes them throw the 5 second satchel, which is easly dodged.

So basically you have a T4 that gives you a whole lot more anti inf and such a crappy additional AT option that it's not worth using at all considering how long the cooldown is. (10 minutes on rifles, 6 on AB)

When playing against it all you need to do is simply dodge the nades and run away, making them run into your other supporting units and let them get smashed by P4s or Pumas or whatever the hell you have with you. He can't micro his squad in the phase of the assault, take advantage of this.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 10:45:24 pm »

I think it would fit the ability if the AB squads threw 1-2 "cooked" grenades instead of 3-whatever normal nades at a lower damage.

Makes it feel as if they are waiting in ambush.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 01:00:42 pm »

also, i wouldnt be against this having a small munitions cost tied to it.

but this deff. needs to be looked at. My ab squads regularly fire off 4-8 grenades when i use asyemetric.

edit, well i wouldnt say 4-8. deff. 4 in the first volley. If i let the ability run its course ive seen 8.

Replay:
http://www.filefront.com/16918705/Desktop.7z
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 01:16:30 pm by Groundfire » Logged
105TigerHunters Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 02:29:15 pm »

The only problem I see with the grenades is that two of them instantly suppress anything they hit, which essentially means that you're giving an improved version of suppression fire to a squad - entirely for free.

Simply tone down the suppression for these grenades, and it should be fine.

From using AB straight after implimentation i would agree that if the krauts seem to think this is OP then this would be the way to go, even removing the mines from AB there self and placing it on a more backline infantry would be fine, but i think all this comotion is alittle bit too much, have you ever seen this ability used on vehicles? it misses at an estimate 70% of the time and only fires a couple of zook shots, using it against anything more then a HT to scare him off which it will NOT kill is a complete and utter waste.

SnoOp: Hey Undead No one likes you k?

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 04:07:55 pm »

problem is the spam factor on inf, manpower is the least efficient restraint when it comes to spam because its the largest resource

with it costing nothing you can spam anti tank on your infantry and lose little to no AI power since you have this super ability for free in reserve

its the same problem as carabines, tank reapers blablabla

the devs are aware of the problem some of the spam t4s cause

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 04:55:44 pm »

Normal rifles should not even receive the same aysemetric warfare that AB get just because they can spam it.

We could take an ability like aysemetric warefare so many different ways than having it be "assault grenades" with no muni cost.

Like, I could see the rifle's aysemetric warfare being something like, they toss a flashbang, suppress 1 squad and the rifles do a volley fire for 5 seconds at some kind of significant acc. buff.

Then the rifles pop smoke and escape. It seems very hit and run to me.

I would also like to see the ability improved depending on the type of cover the unit is in to add significance that this should be a "prepared ambush" type ability; with cooked grenades that explode on impact instead of a timer and aysemetric zooks fire at vital spots on vehicles causing temporary "tread damage" like what we have with the LATHT "tread breaker", it would really add to the ambush element that this ability offers.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2010, 10:59:09 am »

Still no discussion on this?

I mean i can understand it if the imbalance complaint was comming from an "Axis-only-IveNeverHadToDodgeAssaultNadesInMyLife" type player, but I think that the Infantry response to this ability is OP

Its assault nades on a cooldown, and they regularly fire off 4 a squad. Just 2 AB squads targeting the same unit will decimate it even if you are paying attention to micro.

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 12:08:48 pm »

iam starting a new AB company, and noticed that T4 and couldnt understand what it is..

i think it should be removed, its just totally insane for a spammer..

for me it wouldnt do much, since i dont spam all the same shit

maybe just put it on regular AB and remove the others.. that may help some as you cant field as many regular ABs.

FailHammer Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 02:49:39 pm »

The zook volleys fire off more than one round. Spam rifles rofle win bullshit. 1400 free munis yay.

What, people flocking around to hijack a place on my balls on their ballride to victory and PEEPEES?
Im not pulling this out of my ass, you tinfoil hat prostitute.
"Holy shit puddin, you just critted him in the face"-joseph54
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 03:02:01 pm »

They only spam Zooks or grenades if you run away.

The ability only stops when the cool down starts... But part of the ability is that the squad sprints at it's target. Therefore, if you keep running away, it will keep going through it's cycle until your dead or stop for a moment.

Not the ideal solution to the problem, but until the devs make a fix for the ability... Don't run away.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
UndeathWrath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2010, 03:57:33 pm »

with my vet 2 4 man KCH squad I dodged 4 grenades by charging into the rifle squad that threw them, then they threw another 4 grenades, directly on top of each KCH member with pinpoint accuracy. I smashed retreat and 1 man barely got away with a drop of HP.

complete bullshit

Assymetric Warfare makes
1 vanilla rifle > 4man KCH with medkits active

tank130:
oh noessss....I can't counter your big, unmovable anti tank gun with my much smaller, mobile, and cheaper anti tank gun.......
WTF... the horrors of imbalance.......
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2010, 04:06:09 pm »

Yes, because the answer to an Assault Grenade style ability IS to run directly AT the target, right?

Running into Assault Grenades as Allies results in death, regardless of who does the rushing.

The reverse is true.
UndeathWrath Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2010, 04:08:45 pm »

I ran away from the grenades fool. None of the first 4 hit me. I ran forward into the rifles to massacre them with my KCH
Draken Offline
Chess master
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2010, 04:09:19 pm »

I love when axis players call everything bias after something can kill them if they rush it mindless, lul.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2010, 04:10:28 pm »

with my vet 2 4 man KCH squad I dodged 4 grenades by charging into the rifle squad that threw them.

I hardly do this, But I feel its needed...
/Facepalm

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
gamesguy2 Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2010, 04:11:31 pm »

I've used it, elite gren used it, seen another guy use it, not seeing the OP at all.

Need a replay against competent opponents who actually dodge to see if the anti-infantry portion is too strong.  The anti-vehicle portion is horrid.

I ran away from the grenades fool. None of the first 4 hit me. I ran forward into the rifles to massacre them with my KCH

Assault is dodged by running away.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc