Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:01:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall of France..continues?  (Read 114692 times)
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2010, 01:02:40 am »

Why do you need so many factions?! Wouldn't things get confusing?

I like confusing .. its for fun!

How do you play this mod may I ask?
Like, Where do I install it too, and where do I find people to try this out with? Or has this mod not got to a point where I can do this?

the original mod is in the first post, you install it to your COH directory, and run the short cut that came with it.  The only place it has been released atm is at EIRR here, so you would only get to play with them if they wanted to.  THe AI in the original doesn't work unless you attack them first, then ythey will start pushing out of their bases.  but players are much better to play with, its not meant to be a 1 player mod yet..

salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2010, 01:22:37 am »

actually bob the real reason is restrictions and team play.. US infantry doesn't have access to any airborne fast deployed troops or super heavy tanks... airborne has more limited access to cheaper base infantry and tanks.. armor has no access to air units or elite infantry... etc etc..

so you will want to play together to cover your basis Wink
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2010, 01:24:21 am »

Canadian Armoured Corps

The 4th and 5th were in nearly all major ww2 battles

I just wasn't sure i could make the canadian armored much different then the british, only reason i left them out.. I R canadian after all..

on a good note got the custom models for the Jumbo, Easy-8, M36, 105 sherman and the 75mm IS Sherman all in and running today.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2010, 01:39:20 am »

The only place it has been released atm is at EIRR here, so you would only get to play with them if they wanted to.

Oh, I see. Stupid question since I can see the answer being "Yes" but I ask...Does this mod work with the Steam Version.
And what would be the easiest way to try and arrange a game with the people here? Do you have a IRC I can use or something or would it be just a case of...kinda...Posting here now when I can play and hoping I can get enough interest?

Edit:- Also, is this Mod meant to be only played over One game (with the Tier unlocking happening in that ONE game) or is it a variation of the Persistence mod like EIR itself?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 01:40:53 am by MittinsKittens » Logged

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2010, 04:23:08 am »

Salan, cant you just use the 4 origonal factions without adding any others?

you will still be able to get 12 factions in total because the armies will only be able to build units once they selected their doctrine.
use the doctrine tab as army selection!
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2010, 01:04:59 pm »

heh leo you obviously haven't played FOF.  Fall of france uses all three doctrine trees of an individual faction for that faction.

Look at page 1, the US Infantry. 

Infantry unlocks use the infantry doctrine, 4 rows of 4 unlocks.
support unlocks use the airborne doctrine, 4 rows of 4 unlocks.
armor unlocks use the armor doctrine, 3 rows of 4 unlocks.

there is a button in your global abilities that unlocks your doctrine choice.  so while you play you want to get a ranger unlock, then you unlock your doctrine choice, and go to the armor unlocks and select a tank destroyer.  then you unlock it again, allowing you again choose your doctrine, and go to support and get a ranger hmg squad..  it saves all your unlocks as you go, but you end up going back and forth between the different doctrines to unlock units as you get points and situations arises.  It's actually an extremely unique play style of COH.  It mimics EIRRS doctrines in game essentially.

The only place it has been released atm is at EIRR here, so you would only get to play with them if they wanted to.

Oh, I see. Stupid question since I can see the answer being "Yes" but I ask...Does this mod work with the Steam Version.
And what would be the easiest way to try and arrange a game with the people here? Do you have a IRC I can use or something or would it be just a case of...kinda...Posting here now when I can play and hoping I can get enough interest?

Edit:- Also, is this Mod meant to be only played over One game (with the Tier unlocking happening in that ONE game) or is it a variation of the Persistence mod like EIR itself?

right now it is not persistent.  Would I like a minor amount of persistency?  yes, but nothing like EIRR.  I aim to do a Autoupdater at somepoint, a website that tracks wins/losses and stats.   but the only possible in game persistency that I currently have potentially planned would be bonus starting CPs for the amount of games played/won.   the only other persistency I had ideas for would be to make units cheaper to buy if they had retreated with vet in a previous game, allowing your more established soldiers to cost less as they are already part of your army.   we'll see if that stuff is even do able when I get the rgd / scar coding portions finished.

also the only way to get players to play atm, would be in ventrillo.  Tym is a good person to ask, he always enjoyed playing it previously.   But please be respectful, this is EIRRs site and ventrillo.  If people don't want to play they don't want to play.  I personally haven't been on ventrillo yet, but I think the time is coming when I'll have to start getting on there, at which point I can organize test games for fun between our EIRR games Wink
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2010, 01:54:57 pm »

black devils were a Canadian special forces infantry company, there not combined?

Your thinking Black Watch not Black Devils, the Black Watch were the Canadian special forces with the history of never falling back or retreating since there creation in ww1. Regiment also recieved 6 VC medals in ww2. Also not to be confused with the Scottish regiment with the same name.

Canadian Armoured Corps

I just wasn't sure i could make the canadian armored much different then the british, only reason i left them out.. I R canadian after all..

on a good note got the custom models for the Jumbo, Easy-8, M36, 105 sherman and the 75mm IS Sherman all in and running today.

Well they were a mix between British and American armor with alot of flares and modifications to thier stuff. Like the Grizzly Skink a medium tank with a quad aa turret. Or the Badger a Ram tank with a flamethrower instead of a top mounted machinegun.

But i see your point, lol
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 01:57:52 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2010, 02:06:46 pm »

right now it is not persistent.
Phew...I was hoping it wasn't going to be the case, since I cba to deal with 2 persistence mods Tongue
Also, is the map we play on going to be the same thing every time (like a MASSIVE map of paris) or will it be just standard maps that we are used to playing with now since for no real reason, I've got the illusion we will be playing on MASSIVE maps Tongue

Is there also any Youtube Videos or the like of this being played? Doesn't have to be anything epic, just a gameplay footage of a game so I can see what to expect Smiley
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2010, 03:11:48 pm »

I'm going to work now, and airsoft in the morning tomorrow and the family time till the kids are in bed, but after that I'll do my best to wrangle ventrillo out and come on there tomorrow night, alas that will take some working, I promised the fiance I wouldn't go on vent.. so we'll see how that will work.

if I can and if your around, I'll play a game with ya so you can see it yourself.  It's fast and furious fighting in the original version.  games would last 30-40 mins max in most cases.   I had some recordings of an old version, but Im not sure which version it was.. i'll see if i can find out, i have all the versions saved.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2010, 03:09:53 pm »

Salan kept to his word and played the mod with me. We wasn't really trying but my god that was fun, it was reasonbly balanced too. Just need to learn I can't fire up towards a MG, Nade it and expect to return home. Also, PE factions looked fun, having tanks coming out of buildings. Want to try this with more people and have a load more games. Thanks Salan for the game. Love ya for it <3
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2010, 08:44:00 pm »

Thanks man, you can always just piddle with it in single player to see what all the factions have at their disposal.  The brits are pretty funky as well.

The newer version will be more spread out and unique per faction, and not all crammed into one faction as they are now, plus balancing of certain units which I never did with that version of FOF.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2010, 10:28:04 pm »

black devils were a Canadian special forces infantry company, there not combined?

Your thinking Black Watch not Black Devils, the Black Watch were the Canadian special forces with the history of never falling back or retreating since there creation in ww1. Regiment also recieved 6 VC medals in ww2. Also not to be confused with the Scottish regiment with the same name.

Canadian Armoured Corps

Well they were a mix between British and American armor with alot of flares and modifications to thier stuff. Like the Grizzly Skink a medium tank with a quad aa turret. Or the Badger a Ram tank with a flamethrower instead of a top mounted machinegun.

no, im not mistaken.

Properly designated as the 1st Special Service Force, The Devil's Brigade (also called The Black Devil's and The Black Devils Brigade) was a joint World War II American-Canadian commando unit organized in 1942 and trained at Fort William Henry Harrison near Helena, Montana in the United States. The brigade fought in the Aleutian Islands, Italy, and southern France before being disbanded in December, 1944. Many modern American and Canadian Special Forces units trace their heritage to this unit.

The black-devils were feared among the krauts and as there motto goes "Killing is our business", is what they excelled at. They were an elite company parachuted behind enemy lines.

The Canadian black watch in WW2 was a joke. All their VC's were in and ONLY in WW1. not the period we are in now which is the only thing that counts.

The Black Watch raised several battalions again for the Second World War, only one (the First Battalion) of which went overseas as part of the Canadian Active Service Force/Canadian Army (Overseas).

The 1st Battalion suffered more casualties than any other Canadian infantry battalion in Northwest Europe according to figures published in The Long Left Flank by Jeffrey Williams. Disaster seemed to follow the unit;

* On the voyage to France on the day of the Dieppe Raid, casualties were suffered by the unit during a grenade priming accident onboard their ship.

* During the Battle of Verrières Ridge on July 25, 1944, 325 men left the start line and only 15 made it back to friendly lines, the others being killed or wounded by well entrenched Waffen SS soldiers and tanks.

* On 13 October 1944 - known as Black Friday by the Black Watch - the regiment put in an assault near Hoogerheide during the Battle of the Scheldt in which all four company commanders were killed, and one company of 90 men was reduced to just four survivors.

they were a joke and exemplifies that just because they had the name black watch doesnt mean they will become true heroes like the founding man of the black watch

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2010, 11:47:10 pm »

I met a guy in the hospital last night who landed in Dieppe and landed on D-Day and served till the end of the war with the canadian infantry.  Crazy mofo, so many army tattoo's.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2010, 04:01:16 am »

Wondered if someone would like a game of this...Like Now... :3
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2010, 04:16:46 pm »

AWESOME BREAKTHROUGH MESSAGE.. FOF now contains no base building aspects .... the new version will have absolutely no base buildings needing to be built. they will start prespawned, and invisible/walkthruable.

cha ching that was one of the biggest things I hated about the old version, having to build that base, gotta test it on EIR maps to see if they will build in those tiny starting maps or not.  bought time I cracked that one.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2010, 04:21:15 pm »

that sounds really impressive.

so if i understand it correctly, all the units will be evenly spread out around the hq territory?
so if that HQ area is really big units will spawn half across the map? and do you know where they will spawn? and what if they spawn inside a (enemy) tank?
is it actually every squad seperate or is there a single spawn point for "sherman tanks"?

sorry for so much questions, it just sounds so cool Tongue
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2010, 04:24:15 pm »

uh they spawn like in EIR at the map entry point Wink
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2010, 04:29:40 pm »

Canadian Armoured Corps

no, im not mistaken.

Properly designated as the 1st Special Service Force, The Devil's Brigade (also called The Black Devil's and The Black Devils Brigade) was a joint World War II American-Canadian commando unit organized in 1942 and trained at Fort William Henry Harrison near Helena, Montana in the United States. The brigade fought in the Aleutian Islands, Italy, and southern France before being disbanded in December, 1944. Many modern American and Canadian Special Forces units trace their heritage to this unit.

The black-devils were feared among the krauts and as there motto goes "Killing is our business", is what they excelled at. They were an elite company parachuted behind enemy lines.

The Canadian black watch in WW2 was a joke. All their VC's were in and ONLY in WW1. not the period we are in now which is the only thing that counts.

The Black Watch raised several battalions again for the Second World War, only one (the First Battalion) of which went overseas as part of the Canadian Active Service Force/Canadian Army (Overseas).

The 1st Battalion suffered more casualties than any other Canadian infantry battalion in Northwest Europe according to figures published in The Long Left Flank by Jeffrey Williams. Disaster seemed to follow the unit;

* On the voyage to France on the day of the Dieppe Raid, casualties were suffered by the unit during a grenade priming accident onboard their ship.

* During the Battle of Verrières Ridge on July 25, 1944, 325 men left the start line and only 15 made it back to friendly lines, the others being killed or wounded by well entrenched Waffen SS soldiers and tanks.

* On 13 October 1944 - known as Black Friday by the Black Watch - the regiment put in an assault near Hoogerheide during the Battle of the Scheldt in which all four company commanders were killed, and one company of 90 men was reduced to just four survivors.

they were a joke and exemplifies that just because they had the name black watch doesnt mean they will become true heroes like the founding man of the black watch

Very nice, but for the fact that the Black Watch were very heroic in operation Spring (Verrières Ridge) They took the position they were told to, but no other unit was where it had to be and they got slaughtered because Operation Spring failed, 

Anyone up to play FOF with me btw?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 04:38:17 pm by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2010, 04:30:11 pm »

then why u say they are invisible/prespawned? :S
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2010, 04:48:12 pm »

He meant the spawn buildings, in the current build of FoF you have to build the unit building units. He's now made it so you don't have to build them (saving you 10~ seconds at the start of the game, and more importantly, it saves confusion with the newbies to the mod because it isn't obvious :3
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc