Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:48:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [FINAL] 4p_ and 6p_Neuville  (Read 7496 times)
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« on: June 29, 2010, 04:07:43 am »

An earlybird has arrived with a message:

My new project will be to try and get Neuville in shape for 4vs4 games. Living up to the Neuville standards is going to be a hard and challenging mission. It will be a dangerous journey with many haters n scoundrels luring in green cover ready to undermine further Neuville glory. Good thing we are equipped with top of the line superiour armour freshly forged from Neuvillarian steel. Not even 130 jumbo tanks using Hate Reapers can penetrate such greatness.

The Neuville brand has established a good foothold in the Game of Maps being king of the 3vs3 market, but I feel there is room for growth. The 4vs4 market is still wide open. The only true contender to the throne being Schijndel. But Schijndel is old and tired, yet its fields remain green, very green. When it comes to facing a real opponent... you know nuthing Schijndel. You have no clue what is about to hit you, all the certified power has united to mansRaid your buildings, steel your plays and bury you at the bottom of the maplist.

However this has to be done right so we'll have to take it slow and steady. Small steps will be the course of action in combination with close reviewing of every version. It might be a long process with many updates and tests along the way but I am confident we will in the end deliver a knockout blow to Schijndel. A knockout blow from which it wont recover.
Schitdel, get your farmfields ready. Your situation will soon be very dire-wolf. We are coming a 100.000 plays strong, including many Giant games, to set your haybills on fire like the world has never seen before.

Today is the start of a new era for the Neuville brand. Rise up my fellow soldiers. The battle for the kingdom of 4vs4 has begun. Do your duty and remember: a Neuvillainisster always plays his maps!

Download links:
2vs2 - http://www.filefront.com/16886559/4p_Neuville.sga/
3vs3 - http://www.filefront.com/16875859/6p_Neuville.sga/

Untill these are uploaded into the launcher you can try them out by renaiming them to:    Betamap.sga
You put them in:    C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes\EuropeInRuins\Archives

-----

Made a new map with a 2vs2 aswell as a 3vs3 version, using 1vs1 Semois as the basis.

Removed all the water, increased the town with extra buildings, changed map size, overall changed and added a lot of new things.

Fighting will be concentrated in the center, around the church + graveyard, which both are located in 1 sector, this sector is important and thats what you'll be fighting over.
Its right in the middle of the map and therefor doesnt automatically belong to 1 team/sideofthemap, both teams can take it, the team that can manage to capture it will have the advantage of having 1 extra sector compared to the enemy, assuming the rest of the map is divided equally down the middle. The question is, can you hold it ?

Around the town you have open fields with only a few (new) seperate buildings, good open areas for flanking around the little town in the middle.

Here are some screenshots, low quality, if you have high settings ingame it will look amazing, so dont worry about that.

2vs2 TACMAP - final version has the sectors a bit smoother and finetuned in some areas, layout is the same

Middle town

Right side

Area on the left side

Random

-----

Download links:
2vs2 - http://www.filefront.com/16886559/4p_Neuville.sga/
3vs3 - http://www.filefront.com/16875859/6p_Neuville.sga/

Untill these are uploaded into the launcher you can try them out by renaiming them to:    Betamap.sga
You put them in:    C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes\EuropeInRuins\Archives

-----

Thanks to IP4K and especially LeoPhone for helping, giving feedback, checking the map etc. They know.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:04:08 pm by skaffa » Logged

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
slyguy7447 Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 04:13:05 am »

Nice looking map skaffa.  I like how you've divided up the fields with light cover rather than the big hedges, should make for some nice firefights through there.
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 06:13:44 am »

looks great, i'll have to wait and play them before I can make any more comments about gameplay on it

Rawr
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 10:13:49 pm »

Uploaded.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 05:21:36 am »

Post replays pls.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 05:26:37 am »

http://www.filefront.com/16925861/EuropeInRuinsBattle.rar

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
CafeMilani Offline
Aloha

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 05:40:07 am »

SCHLAAAND

good map btw

Baine Offline
Steven Spielberg

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 08:35:26 am »

^ Haha, exactly what i was thinking when seeing the map name  Grin

Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 09:03:16 am »

k just got done with this map, and I can't really find anything wrong with it besides it being just a little big for a 2v2, its great (And yes I lost this one lol)  Grin
fallensoldier7 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 11:48:17 am »

3v3 version seems a little big for a 3v3 too.  2v2 seemed fine, but only if each team brought their stuff to the center of the map.  Sending backcappers to the sides of the map is a really good tactic though because it takes a long time for a unit to go out there, take care of the backcappers, and come back.

deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 08:01:49 am »

i made a better loadscreen mkay

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2014, 03:15:38 pm »

4vs4 project, copied from first post:

Earlybird has arrived with a message, heya auspicium:

My new project will be to try and get Neuville in shape for 4vs4 games. Living up to the Neuville standards is going to be a hard and challenging mission. It will be a dangerous journey with many haters n scoundrels luring in green cover ready to undermine further Neuville glory. Good thing we are equipped with top of the line superiour armour freshly forged from Neuvillarian steel. Not even 130 jumbo tanks using Hate Reapers can penetrate such greatness.

The Neuville brand has established a good foothold in the Game of Maps being king of the 3vs3 market, but I feel there is room for growth. The 4vs4 market is still wide open. The only true contender to the throne being Schijndel. But Schijndel is old and tired, yet its fields remain green, very green. When it comes to facing a real opponent... you know nuthing Schijndel. You have no clue what is about to hit you, all the certified power has united to mansRaid your buildings, steel your plays and bury you at the bottom of the maplist.

However this has to be done right so we'll have to take it slow and steady. Small steps will be the course of action in combination with close reviewing of every version. It might be a long process with many updates and tests along the way but I am confident we will in the end deliver a knockout blow to Schijndel. A knockout blow from which it wont recover.
Schitdel, get your farmfields ready. Your situation will soon be very dire-wolf. We are coming a 100.000 plays strong, including many Giant games, to set your haybills on fire like the world has never seen before.

Today is the start of a new era for the Neuville brand. Rise up my fellow soldiers. The battle for the kingdom of 4vs4 has begun. Do your duty and remember: a Neuvillainisster always plays his maps!
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2014, 03:16:02 pm »

update:

WINTER IS COMING
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 06:20:45 pm »

update:

WINTER IS COMING
Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 01:40:23 am by GORKHALI » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print