Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:42:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Developer / Balance Advisors meeting  (Read 16775 times)
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« on: July 20, 2010, 07:44:43 pm »

A meeting to discuss our current position and our future development plans a currently unspecified time.

This meeting will discuss: (Of relevance to balance advisors)
-Current doctrine states
-Rules for doctrine re-balance & guidelines for balance comparisons
-Doctrine themes in general, and re-wording/focusing the speclines

The doctrines are considered DRAFTS as of this time, and can (and probably will) be chopped up and dissected in many horrible ways.  They are a mess in a range of ways from balance against each other/factional, broken abilities and ignoring the rules set down for doctrine design (No single unit buffs for each selection in a specline - giving super units for example).

This has been posted in the Balance main forum for community feedback - DOCTRINE FEEDBACK ONLY.
Please restrict to one post per person, and make an argument for your stance.

Regards
EIRRMod
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 08:43:31 pm by EIRRMod » Logged

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 08:02:38 pm »

I think all doctrines should feature a mandatory choice to make AT Guns' critical and damage taking ability more in line with other vehicles. This is to make the game more fair and fun for everyone, but mostly just for me.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 08:13:21 pm »

I think all doctrines should feature a mandatory choice to make AT Guns' critical and damage taking ability more in line with other vehicles. This is to make the game more fair and fun for everyone, but mostly just for me.
This doesnt sound like a doctrinal ability then.

Do you mean a restriction that DOESNT REMOVE the AT guns' role to Doctrine design?
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 08:39:48 pm »

Don't worry about it, I'm mostly just throwing a lighthearted playpunch out there about my old request for an at gun critical table redesign. Let that be a lesson to stay on topic and don't try this at home, kids, only professionals like Mal should do that kind of thing in an official thread!

In all seriousness, though, in terms of Doctrine I'd like to just give a general reminder that the only units that get range buffs should be units with intrinsically disadvantaged range, and never to the point of reversal (here's looking at you, Super Sniper Panther). Otherwise go nuts.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 09:53:18 pm »

There are no range buffs for none indirect fire units, that's something he didn't add.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EIRRMod Offline

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 11:03:19 pm »

I'll probably add to the first post a current design requirement list for a doctrine to pass after the meeting.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 12:48:42 am »

I think mal is just trying to say he hates AT gun 5 HP bugs.

BigDick
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 01:13:38 am »

according SE if your talking about incendiary warheads i agree
that need some kind of fix like more accurate but lower  area that is burning
maybe 2-3 very accurate incendiary shots

but you forgot nerf armor

beside airborne by far the most powerful doctrine

overbuffed M10, two broken T4 like HE shells and OBM
broken unit unlocks (NGV Calliope)
T1 cheap zook unlock does not fit to armor and need to be removed since it is terrifying PEs AT
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 01:17:59 am »

I just need my RCA and i'm happy..

I find it interesting that none of the wehr docs are considered OP, nor any of the Brit docs
BigDick
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 01:48:50 am »

brits let me see can't comment much on brits since i did not played them in a while

churchill croc overpowered like hell

if the repair on roos isnt fixed (i think it is fixed since i see less roos) its broken too

but that are doctrine unit unlocks where the units need to be fixed by price increase or repair fix/button vehicle abilities out of roos need to be removed and not really doctrine ability complains
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 02:00:39 am »

but that are doctrine unit unlocks where the units need to be fixed by price increase or repair fix/button vehicle abilities out of roos need to be removed and not really doctrine ability complains

aren't abilities able to be used out of the bren carrier and infantry halftrack as well, as even in garisoned houses?

BigDick
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 02:04:31 am »

button vehicle yes, but a brencarrier has not 650HP and cromwell armor and slots for a bunch of piat sappers and a building can't move
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 02:05:49 am »

There's one thing me and bigdick agree upon.

Roos are retarded by their very nature.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 02:27:03 am »

There's one thing me and bigdick agree upon.

Roos are retarded by their very nature.

Im sure the Germans yelled the same thing at the Canadians as they drove by shooting at them.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 03:06:21 am »

I'm fairly certain the canadians had more brains than to drive up close to the enemy in an open-topped vehicle when the enemy is known to have FLAMETHROWERS.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 07:00:51 am »

make roos reward unit for RE only/brits only plz. noboddy wants these things in the game actually.

churchill croc is very strong and gains vet way too fast. increase price and make vet requirements higher.

nerf the gun on t17 but make its price normal again for a light vehicle. noboddy is gonna pay 125 fuel for a light vehicle. but lowering the price makes it too strong again. this is the only solution.

have flakvierlings be build with crews that come on the field like the brits have. those trucks are way too fragile and players dont know if the truck is a flakvierling or an 88.

buttoning from roos (and bren carriers) should also be stopped since now you even cant kill the button squad with support you had around the tank.
and something a bit offtopic:
nerf button. its an instakillbutton for enemy tanks. range is too much for the power it has, but i suggest to nerf the amount of slow an enemy tank receives. the enemy tank might be able to run your bren squad over in a while then, but that will take longer than driving back outside the button and it also means he drives into the enemy AT.  there is no other ability that makes one of your units 100% useless against anything and immobile for a set amount of time.

remove healing car from terror. they already have medkits buff as doctrine ability. why another healing ability?
empty doctrine slot could be replaced with the propaganda tower

make AB medic like the luft medic stuff. AB medic is just too good and even better coz it is in the AB doctrine. if you want perfect healing abilities, go play together with an infantry doctrine player.

add a t4 for commandos that make gliders actually "stealthy". no more crashing sounds, boxes on the minimap and gliders hanging in the air if u look in FOW.

remove cloak stuff from AB doctrine. the OP AB just received the only ability that made luft a bit useful.

give luft a doctrine ability that allows them to buy new type of panzerfaust that adds the white phosporous round effect to the normal blast. this gives them a bit more defense vs vehicles, which they need since their elite inf dont have handheld AT and the wirblewind also sucks vs vehicles.

edit:
post below reminded me of something: if u vet a unit up his pool cost will increase. if u want a vet blob army you will have to pay PP for it to maintain.

and the units in the holding zone still cost pool cost. is this intentional or not? why?
anyway, what does that has to do with doctrines?

edit:
Ablative playing T4 for RE. add a slow health regeneration to the vehicles as long as their health is above 100%. when using a repair kit the repair should stop at 100.00001% so the ablative plating regen begins again.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 09:16:18 am by LeoPhone » Logged
Two Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 09:17:28 am »

Cut all vet and doctrine bonuses down, they affect the game too much. Max bonus should be like 5%.

IplayForKeeps: if we were an equation
IplayForKeeps: it would be
IplayForKeeps: two = keeps
IplayForKeeps: i only have 1 friend
Uunderfire Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2010, 09:21:16 am »

Cut all vet and doctrine bonuses down, they affect the game too much. Max bonus should be like 5%.

That's ironic ? Because if you make those bonus disapear, the game will loose all his interest...

Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2010, 11:39:18 am »

If you reduce vet bonuses then there is less whoring of vet and vet should be free.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2010, 11:47:05 am »

make roos reward unit for RE only/brits only plz. noboddy wants these things in the game actually.
+1

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc