Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 02:39:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Achron - Time Travel RTS  (Read 18656 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2010, 04:52:35 pm »

4 dimensions =) Go go time paradox bullshit!

Normal battlefields you are thinking two dimensionally... Like looking down at a piece of paper.

Even when aircraft or submarines are concerned, it's still two dimensional. At least, from a gaming RTS standpoint it is.

Therefore... Time travel introduces the third dimension in which to think, even though you are right, it's technically four. Tongue

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2010, 05:01:42 pm »

That's one of the things I miss most about Homeworld, the 3 dimensional gameplay.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2010, 06:21:13 pm »

Too bad you need to be a freaking rocket scientist to fully grasp this game :p
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2010, 06:24:14 pm »

Easy to learn, difficult to master.

Just think of it as your average FPS... When you start out on an FPS for the first time, your clueless, but you can still perform.

Few weeks later and your a competent player. Few years later and you'll end up at the point where being the top of the scoreboard is an expectation, not an aim.

Same concept, different application. People will get their head around these new mechanics in time.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2010, 09:03:33 pm »

I think this game might actually be 5d or even 6d. Since 4d is just touching on space time as a line, 5d includes the idea of parrell univereses.
I know this because I watch a video explain how the whole 3d works. It goes up to 10d which basically, that there is a inifinte number of universes, all containing infinite number of outcome all under on "d". There's no more, because how can you have more D's if you just covered 10 like that :3
I try and find the video that makes all this seem understandable (still mind boogling though :3) tomorrow when I'm on my pc :3

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 09:22:07 pm »

I know which explanation your referring to... It's a video that gives a brief explanation behind the book called "Imagining the tenth dimension" If my memory serves.

That explanation has time as the fourth dimension if I remember correctly, but I'm just working off of half arsed memories here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxieS-6WuA

There you go.

EDIT:

Yup, time is the fourth dimension according to that theory.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:32:24 pm by Hicks58 » Logged
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010, 09:49:48 pm »

Thanks Hicks, saved me a task tomorrow, that's exactly the video I was talking about :3
But yeah, it has time as one massive line as "4D", so like I said, this game is more like 5D or 6D (forget which one) because the game CAN include the idea of parell univeres'. :3
So yeah, this game is breaking bounderies in terms of understanding time x3
May just pick it up simply for the novety of the game :3
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2010, 10:42:22 pm »

I'll wait to see what happens to it. It has a novelty to it but I'd still like a good RTS over a gimmick. If they can at least do that I'll buy it simply to support them

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Malevolence Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2010, 12:23:47 am »

Yup, you can potentially clone an entire army of units... But it would be expensive, and cost a crap ton of chrono energy.

And then if, in the ensuing fight, the originals managed to get destroyed first and the fight took long enough for a time wave to propagate to the present, all of your cloned units would disappear because they blew up before they could be sent back in time to fight alongside themselves.

Akranadas' Greatest Hits, Volume 1:

Quote from: Akranadas
Vet has nothing to do with unit preformance.

Quote from: Akranadas
We are serious about enforcing this, and I am sure you all want to be able to have your balance thought considered by the development team with some biased, sensationalist coming into your thread and ruining it.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2010, 01:12:14 am »

Except that, from what I read - if you put all your men under one main commander unit, you could jump your entire army back in time for a fraction of the chrono-cost...

brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2010, 01:21:29 am »

And when the enemy kills said commander? you can;t issue orders to them.

Or if you have set up one commander for multiple units as you won't want some unit types engaging certain enemy units. Which will require a commander for different control groups.

The only thing that I am interested in knowing are the victory conditions AND if he sends everything back in time to try and kill me can I win before it propagates all the waves.(waves function in 30 second intervals) So could I win before he can cause irreparable damage?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2010, 02:05:40 am »

That is the reason why you have subgroup commanders attached to said high commander!
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2010, 05:04:53 am »

Except that, from what I read - if you put all your men under one main commander unit, you could jump your entire army back in time for a fraction of the chrono-cost...
Nope.

Thats only for giving orders to the units that are not in the present.

Time-phasing, or chrono-porting cost energy.

Also not, that there are no parallel outcomes - its actually linear, but seems like youre messing with time.

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
Sharpshooter824 Offline
I <3 Aloha
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2010, 06:41:54 am »

I just finished watching the "Back to the Future" trilogy lol.. im in a perfect state of mind to play it

Rawr
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2010, 10:31:13 am »

And when the enemy kills said commander? you can;t issue orders to them.

Or if you have set up one commander for multiple units as you won't want some unit types engaging certain enemy units. Which will require a commander for different control groups.

The only thing that I am interested in knowing are the victory conditions AND if he sends everything back in time to try and kill me can I win before it propagates all the waves.(waves function in 30 second intervals) So could I win before he can cause irreparable damage?

Units use a command hierarchy, if the commander dies, then the command will either get thrown down a unit or more than one commander will be the result assuming it's implemented the way I think it is.

Units in a command hierarchy will attack only as part of an order, and will attack that which they are capable of attacking as far as I know. Somebody on the Achron forums described the command hierarchy in more detail than I can at the moment.

There are a couple of different win conditions to which you can set as far as I'm aware... One of them being that if you lose at any point in the timeline, you lose full stop. Another being that you have to cut down every single trace of your enemy in the time line. This wouldn't be as hard as you think to be honest... Hunt down any chronoporters then pick off the stragglers at your leisure, assuming your winning outright.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc