Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 11:23:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Company of Heroes: Online  (Read 24680 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: September 01, 2010, 07:35:29 pm »

Is Now in Open Beta. If u couldn't get in the closed, here's your chance to play.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:41:23 pm by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 07:36:34 pm »

Statistically speaking you are more likely to survive a Gunshot to the face then play this for more then 1 month while maintaining your sanity

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 07:45:20 pm »

...I rather play FallofFrance and EIR:R Cheesy
Both about 10 times as fun

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 07:46:09 pm »

M18's and M36's ftw. xD

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 08:13:30 pm »

is it really that bad?

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 08:15:23 pm »

Yes. If you don't want to take our word for it, play the open beta and come back here so we can say "told you so"...
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 08:16:21 pm »

The single most prevalent reason for me never touching ti again is that I know Winters will be back to playing it in open beta now.

That aside it's not a horrific game, but it's not at all balanced(it's not meant to be though) If i wanted a game with base building mechanics I'd play SC2. vCoH just doesn't do it for me anymore. As far as persistencey is concerned EiR is a better product.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 09:10:08 pm »

i agree brn but i mainly play it when eir is slow.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 09:45:39 pm »

Posting up attrib of coh:o that i made just incase someone wants to look at stuff. I can't figure a lot of it out but its pretty neat none the less.

http://www.filefront.com/17255848/AttribArchive.sga
BeRzErKeR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 10:18:38 pm »

The single most prevalent reason for me never touching ti again is that I know Winters will be back to playing it in open beta now.

That aside it's not a horrific game, but it's not at all balanced(it's not meant to be though) If i wanted a game with base building mechanics I'd play SC2. vCoH just doesn't do it for me anymore. As far as persistencey is concerned EiR is a better product.
Whats wrong with CoH:O?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 12:07:19 am »

noobs, arty spam, spam....spam annd...spam. oh and heroes

i was just in a 4v4, one guy on axis dropped so its 4v3, and we got fin rocked cuz 2 guys basically played build a base.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2010, 12:24:01 am »

eh, its not that bad.  Its more for fun and not so serious.  It has ridiculous amounts of OP stuff though.  For both sides.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Sach Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 12:53:43 am »

I can only assume that the same thought process that was used to come up with EIRR's AB doctrine was used over at CoHO but applied to the whole game. It's batshit crazy and not in a good way.

Sach Wins! Cheesy

Would people please stop killing my AVREs. Not cool.
Eyeseeyou Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 07:52:48 am »

I find the game to be very balanced, there are many new abilities and units but once you know about them they are really not at all hard to counter. The balance in the current vCoH is a lot worse.

If you want to see something horrifying then play vCoH and then play EIR:R, you will realize that EIR is just a simpler MMORPG version of CoH, where you are rewarded for losing and where higher level players have a huge advantage. EIR do not reward skill, it rewards the ones who plays the most and not who plays the best, While CoH:O on the other hand only gives higher level players a small advantage by giving them 1-2 more abilities. In EIR most abilities are passive and give huge boosts to the already few units you control at the same time

There is a reason why CoH have base building and resource points, it's all about gameplay and balance, no basebuilding or resource points in EIR may look good on the outside but it really just makes the game worse, most battles are fought on one side and then the other is just backcapped with a single unit, if that was CoH then that single unit would be easy to kill before it even started but not in EIR, it also rewards camping when you can just stand on the outside of an area with a single unit and prevent the enemy from capping it and capture points in combat.

Always keeping veterancy between battles may sound like fun but it just breaks the mod even more. Players with more veteran units  have a big advantage but most players don't know how to use that advantage so instead they focus too much unit preservation ie retreating extremely early with their vets or ragequitting because a single unit died. Removing the wins/losses chart on players just made the game take the next step in MMORPGs and the last thing that rewarded skilled players. Smurfing is also taken to a whole new level when players can just lose on purpose to gain more PPs (yes it's extremely more effective to level up if you lose often). Notice that this is no longer a problem in CoH:O.

About heroes, I would expect this kind of talk from vCoH players but not from EIR players because in EIR many units are so much worse, triple vet pershings, airbourne and knights cross that dodge bullets like superheroes.

In CoH:O however heroes are not superheroes, they are special units with unique abilities they have many downsides and regular units usually end up with better stuff when they upgrade or get veterancy.

Heroes cannot pick up or crew any weapons, they do not benefit from items, veterancy or upgrades thus in the long term most heroes are usually worse than regular units and only useful the first couple of seconds of the match. Most of the heroes are not better combat units, they just have uniqe abilities and when you learn what they are you'll be able to counter every hero without a problem.

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 08:01:30 am »

I find the game to be very balanced, there are many new abilities and units but once you know about them they are really not at all hard to counter. The balance in the current vCoH is a lot worse.

If you want to see something horrifying then play vCoH and then play EIR:R, you will realize that EIR is just a simpler MMORPG version of CoH, where you are rewarded for losing and where higher level players have a huge advantage. EIR do not reward skill, it rewards the ones who plays the most and not who plays the best, While CoH:O on the other hand only gives higher level players a small advantage by giving them 1-2 more abilities. In EIR most abilities are passive and give huge boosts to the already few units you control at the same time

There is a reason why CoH have base building and resource points, it's all about gameplay and balance, no basebuilding or resource points in EIR may look good on the outside but it really just makes the game worse, most battles are fought on one side and then the other is just backcapped with a single unit, if that was CoH then that single unit would be easy to kill before it even started but not in EIR, it also rewards camping when you can just stand on the outside of an area with a single unit and prevent the enemy from capping it and capture points in combat.

Always keeping veterancy between battles may sound like fun but it just breaks the mod even more. Players with more veteran units  have a big advantage but most players don't know how to use that advantage so instead they focus too much unit preservation ie retreating extremely early with their vets or ragequitting because a single unit died. Removing the wins/losses chart on players just made the game take the next step in MMORPGs and the last thing that rewarded skilled players. Smurfing is also taken to a whole new level when players can just lose on purpose to gain more PPs (yes it's extremely more effective to level up if you lose often). Notice that this is no longer a problem in CoH:O.

About heroes, I would expect this kind of talk from vCoH players but not from EIR players because in EIR many units are so much worse, triple vet pershings, airbourne and knights cross that dodge bullets like superheroes.

In CoH:O however heroes are not superheroes, they are special units with unique abilities they have many downsides and regular units usually end up with better stuff when they upgrade or get veterancy.

Heroes cannot pick up or crew any weapons, they do not benefit from items, veterancy or upgrades thus in the long term most heroes are usually worse than regular units and only useful the first couple of seconds of the match. Most of the heroes are not better combat units, they just have uniqe abilities and when you learn what they are you'll be able to counter every hero without a problem.

awesome pic

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 08:55:24 am »

um, what version of COH:O are you playing?  A couple of hero units are meh, but once you get to a decent level, the hero units get batshit insane.  Gladiator riflemen with stickies, nades, fireup, elite armor...sure they don't get vet, but who needs it really...infantry doctrine gets about a dozen ways to laugh at wehr MGs...Heroic charge, camo, arty, more arty, hero rifles, hero snipers...need I continue?  Yes, the veterancy tends to be more passive for some units in COH:O, but for other units it is just insanity. 
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 08:57:46 am »

Also EIR is going to be moving away from those huge advantage discrepancies. Smiley
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 09:07:21 am »

Not to mention that good players with level 1 companies will generally always win against level 9 company wielding newbies.

Ununoctium Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 10:21:39 am »

winters was banned from open beta too.
if hes smurfing he can't reveal himself or else he gets permabanned from coh:o untill he buys coh cash or bribes them or something.

Quote from: shockcoil
Quote from: CrazyWR
My tigers get penetrated by everything.  Its really really frustrating.
Your tiger is a whore
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 10:24:48 am »

Who's this winters fella
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc