Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:40:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vet 4 & Vet 5  (Read 24110 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 02:21:15 am »

Vet 4/5 should only be for prestige - having them gain further buffs, especially OP ones would just break the fine balance that we've got right now (and the vet isn't actually balanced as is, and could use some more fine-tuning).

And yeah, 4/5 should be very hard to achieve. In all honesty - vet 1,2 and 3 should be harder to achieve as well.

Would be cool if bragging about your useless extra 2 vet levels meant anything on the internet. Give them some kind of bonus, even if its slight.

IMO vet should have been done on a graduated scale, biggest increase at vet 1, with bonuses continuing but being less dramatic up to vet 5. Then you have a lot less of a difference between vet hoarders, new players get some "ooh shiny" stuff, and units that are not survivable at least can get some meaningful vet.

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 02:23:33 am »

There was no added bonus to wind's firefly having 1200 exp as opposed to it having 133 exp.
Yet, somehow, for whatever reason - the bragging rights were there, and it was awesome for him to have the thing.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 02:26:03 am »

lol, it was neat, but really, who actually cared.

Sure high XP is fun to kill, but people rage just as hard when you nuke their vet 3 tank that just got it as they do when it has 800+ XP.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2010, 02:38:47 am »

It's just about having some sort of emotional attachement to a unit that you've been caring for for several weeks - and that's what the vet 4 and 5 should give. Just a sense of.. bonding with your company - as that's what persistency should truly be about.
acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2010, 02:45:24 am »

Why not make the most-experienced unit on the leaderboard vet5, and the next two most-experienced units vet4, with a very large minimum experience threshold?

There can only be one!
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2010, 03:23:55 am »

I very recently had a Pershing with 1172 exp. It had survived something silly like 8-12 games on the trot, the thing simply refused to die.

Then one game it died, and went straight under the radar without notice.

When something has survived that long it should be noticed, and quite honestly a veteran of about 8-12 battles would have a little know-how of how to keep themselves alive by that point tbh.

If you can keep a unit alive that long you should be rewarded... But it shouldn't be easy either. In my entire time playing EiR (And I have been playing since two weeks before EiR:R hit) this is my first unit to have ever broken the 1000 exp threshold for me.

Then again, I'm a person that either wins games, or keeps units alive. Rarely both.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2010, 04:03:58 am »

Sure high XP is fun to kill, but people rage just as hard when you nuke their vet 3 tank that just got it as they do when it has 800+ XP.
Not entirely true, if you recall the drama there was about Wind's 1200+ XP firefly compared to your average low xp vet 3 Firefly... Same with my 1500xp pershing last war for example, it's not just a vet 3 pershing anymore, you've had it around for so long, it's on top of a leaderboard, it becomes 'feared' because people know it has so many battles under its belt.

It's good to have vet 4 & vet 5 acknowledge and further strengthen that emotional bond.

Minor bonuses could be discussed, but we need to ask ourselves if that is truly necessary.

IMO vet should have been done on a graduated scale, biggest increase at vet 1, with bonuses continuing but being less dramatic up to vet 5.
I considered this last vet rework, but honestly, it's counter-intuitive. In addition, this would mean that at vet 1, the easiest vet level, you'd almost have a current vet 3 unit in strength. And everyone running around with these seriously buffed up units is no good for gameplay.

On the subject of vet requirements, yes we do intend on raising those once again.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2010, 04:26:00 am »

no bonus for vet 4 and 5.
it is lame.
it is unneeded
it is unbalanced.
and the devs will waste their time on another rework after this rework since it wont be balanced or anything. EIR has no experience with vet 4 and 5 bonusses.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 04:57:53 am by LeoPhone » Logged
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2010, 04:40:34 am »

what about sight range if everyone aint happy about other buffs? gives you more sight and more chance to look after your uber units, instead of for example: gettin insta pinned by an mg then retreating cos you're scared, more sight gives the oppurtunity for more people to flank, instead of blobbing or turtling behind a mortar.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
AlterFrax Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 03:48:12 am »

I really love the idea of giving a blanket name for vet 4 and 5 units! It's nothing but prestige, but it gives the players something to brag about!

The idea of there being only 1 vet 5 unit is interesting. I'm sure there'd be only one per faction, but it would be pretty darn cool and crazy prestige for that person.
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 04:26:35 am »

I like Smokaz Idea, that only one unit in your army should be allowed the vet 5 privileged, give it heroic aura, it could be the commander unit, like "you" joining the fray, and al other units gain max vet 4.

As for what it get at vet 4 i suggest equipment, troops that are war veterans always ahve there own Thompson or weapons they have picked up  over months of rugged war and now even written there names on the guns.

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 05:32:11 am »

if that 'you' dies your company would reset

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 11:16:23 am »

Yeah, when you have a unit thats been around for a while its truly feared, my 1,000 xp callie <3 i miss it.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
EscforrealityTLS Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2010, 01:06:58 pm »

I'm of the opinion that vet should allow the purchase of upgrades. For example if you get your riflemen up to vet 1 in a game it should allow you buy an upgrade when you get back to the launcher.

Upgrades could include the purchase of fire-up for the riflemen at say vet 3, but for a man power cost. So vet improves the unit, but at a cost as to balance it. Other upgrades could be weapons like bazookas, RR's, allowing double weapons like LMG's, extra grenades. Allowing the purchase of camo in cover might be an option, as well as ambush bonuses at higher vet levels.

What ever the upgrade the important thing is that the improvements are always of set by a cost.

Pwanawan baby!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2010, 02:38:10 pm »

Hmm, Vet 3 used to grant different types of assault or cover bonuses, Vet 4 could re-introduce those in some way
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2010, 03:33:21 pm »

Hmm, Vet 3 used to grant different types of assault or cover bonuses, Vet 4 could re-introduce those in some way

lol back in the day, FJs were given assault bonuses  Cheesy what a waste of a bonus

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Grundwaffe Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 03:44:29 pm »

Right, i liked this idea till i started thinking of any "hardened" units on eir.

SublimeHauken - Back from the dead - Since 2007'
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 03:52:30 pm »

Right, i liked this idea till i started thinking of any "hardened" units on eir.

I know what you mean, I get "hard" thinking of vet

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2010, 04:45:27 pm »

And so we are back to sex, poop and drugs i was wondering when this discussion would deteriorate  Tongue
AlterFrax Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2010, 09:43:27 pm »

I think anything more than a prestige bonus is getting pretty overpowered, though I do like Smokaz' idea of it basically being you on the battlefield, giving the unit some real gravity!! I really hope the devs can integrate something like this, because it's a wonderful idea.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc