Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:39:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flamethrower Mechanic  (Read 2595 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« on: October 25, 2010, 12:55:43 pm »

I'm unsure if any on the dev team have played the Blitzkrieg mod, but they have a rather interesting flame mechanic.

As well as the standard crit table, flamethrowers also leave a patch of AOE fire burning on the ground (Incendiary Grenade style).

I was wondering if this would be nifty to apply to EiRR.

Sure, It's something you could avoid by simply moving, but it strengthens the flamethrower's role as an anti-cover weapon, and gives it a base level of effectiveness without having to rely on rolling a good crit. Interestingly enough it would also make it an even more effective counter to blobs.

Opinions?

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 12:57:47 pm »

gogo engi spam, shotguns, assault engis and this ftw.

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 01:01:59 pm »

Pretty confident that would happen anyhow if somebody wanted to try it, with or without this mechanic.
salan Offline
Synergies TL2 mod!

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 01:26:37 pm »

I like how they blow up crocodile tanks when they get crit as well

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 02:07:15 pm »

Well, infantry-based flamethrowers would probably not really appreciate this kind of change, as it would disallow the flamethrowers themselves from chasing down enemy infantry - and twiddling with that would lead to more problems than it's worth.

The balance for the Churchil Crocodile and Axis Flammenwerfer HT has also been struck - the units are neither too powerful nor too weak for cost, and thusly playing around with them is just counter-productive.

The Sherman Crocodile, however - could definitely use the consistency. For what it costs(205 FU) - it would really not hurt to add this kind of thing to the unit, and to allow it to have a "set" ammount of damage that it is capable of dealing per second. I doubt many would see the Sherman Crocodile as a particularly cost-effective unit to use in it's current state - and this could just be the fix we would all enjoy.

TL;DR - I agree with this being done on the Sherman Crocodile.

lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 03:22:22 pm »

I agree with Mys on his suggestion, don't touch the other flame tanks and leave engi flamethrowers alone, otherwise they'd have to charge into their own fire to chase guys who move back even a few steps.  The Sherman crocodile definitely needs something to make it worthwhile though.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 03:29:54 pm »

Sherman Croc needs a flame bomb, it'd be shot out main cannon and act like AVRE except with flame rounds and some AOE on the ground.

also flames in BK mod damage all vehicles, which imo is cool but would be OP in EIRR unless you raised the price of flamers.

its fun to have a ton of flamers just torching a tank lol.

bk mod has a lot of fun things, tho dont know how many would work in EIR

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 04:50:19 pm »

Tym, I didn't mention anything of flames damaging vehicles.

Just the mechanics of flames being left on the ground which cause damage to those that linger in it - Being Infantry.

This does sound like something for the Sherman Croc though.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 05:55:17 pm »

well u said have them act like them just mentioning that just in case someones played it.

u know whats funny tho hicks? in BK it used to only be for the croc at first.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc