Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:01:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 04:28:22 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The R/ME mode spam start, how to sniff out and deal with it  (Read 36780 times)
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2010, 04:07:59 pm »

If you think Rangers with fireup, 6 man squad, all that HP and elite armor are "mainline" infantry you've been spoiled tbh.

They perform this role better than riflemen, which is my definition of mainline infantry.  Just as why I'm running a pure grenadier with elite armor company, as they can actually hold a line unlike volks unless you have the enemy outnumbered. Same with tommies over riflemen.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2010, 04:09:00 pm »

Holy shit storms perform "better" than grens, they are mainline infantry now (derp)

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2010, 04:10:53 pm »

If their pool costs come down to 4-5 with the weapon pool system, and with elite armor and the ability to cloak to ambush/flank, they can make pretty good mainline infantry Smokaz. ^^

That was my original intention with my blitz company was pure storms, but I realized its cheaper to get LMGs with Grens than MP44s with Storms, and the LMGs are cheaper than BARs! And on better squads than what US gets, so hence why I switched to grens over storms due to the fact I can field more guys with weapons with better armor/HP than I could with a riflemen corp and out weapon an AI Ranger company.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:13:13 pm by lionel23 » Logged
Jizz Magnet Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 04:32:56 pm »

It's not my fault you didn't manage to provide enough of a challenge for me to have to refer to the use of anything heavier than a flammenwerfer halftrack as far as vehicles are concerned Smiley.

And you do have some very interesting conceptions about how mainline infantry is supposed to be used. I always assumed they were supposed to be mainline infantry.

Only thing that can kill your grens were snipers, arty or tanks, my sniper got rushed by 5 bikes, i don't have arty and for some reason the higher powers of eir decided to give wehr an even better AT gun, despite them already having the best at in the game. I don't really care what you think, this mod has diverted so far from vcohs or even EIR's core gameplay its insane.

This ain't OMG, haven't been the same, or even similiar in a long time

Your right about that, OMG's gameplay far exceeds EIR's.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2010, 04:38:59 pm »

Only thing that can kill your grens were snipers, arty or tanks, my sniper got rushed by 5 bikes, i don't have arty and for some reason the higher powers of eir decided to give wehr an even better AT gun, despite them already having the best at in the game. I don't really care what you think, this mod has diverted so far from vcohs or even EIR's core gameplay its insane.

Your right about that, OMG's gameplay far exceeds EIR's.

Rofl his complaining about a certain game where mysthalin and me were vs him and dudilu. PAK40s stopped their armor rush dead in its tracks and calliope failed so hard. I guess it is hard to adapt to counter the heavier counterpart of Axis AT as allies. Your sherman no longer pounces shells nor can it effectively rush it and kill it like it would do to a single pak. Booth dudilu and he sent their single shermans to fight off vs mysts blob only to fight vs ATG defended by another ATG and few shrecks with officer supervision.

They were pushed down to the spawn and Jizz Surrendered complaining about mysts strategies that is an age old tactic. (ofc it was a weaker form of it as Myst no longer had 20% more health boost given by Fatherland Defence Tier 4)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:40:33 pm by NightRain » Logged

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Jizz Magnet Offline
EIR Regular

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2010, 05:41:04 pm »

Fuck this, just ban me, im Two ban evading, this mod is in a worse state then when I left it. Its not even worth waiting to see if the update is any good.

Give me a call when every player isn't an abusing little bitch, a balanced company is the best company and doctrines don't completely wreck the game.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2010, 05:43:12 pm »

Two would never complain about spam, so you're lying Tongue.

Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2010, 05:51:25 pm »

I played Two in OMG today he spammed recons
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2010, 06:03:55 pm »

Fuck this, just ban me, im Two ban evading, this mod is in a worse state then when I left it. Its not even worth waiting to see if the update is any good.

Give me a call when every player isn't an abusing little bitch, a balanced company is the best company and doctrines don't completely wreck the game.

My pleasure.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2010, 06:06:18 pm »

Where did my glorious comment go ? Tongue

Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2010, 06:19:26 pm »

It's on my trash can.
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2010, 05:11:18 am »

I believe that you may think spam is not fun.
It sometimes works, but it's too retard simple.
But if everyone uses balanced company, I think it would be boring sometimes.
Spam is like a big bowl of Cereal.
Balanced company is like English breakfast.
I think eating only one of them every day for breakfast would be too monotonous.
Yes I sometimes hate spam.
Like the most famous Wind's Blitz Spam version GC.
Storm
Ost
And I don't remember he has anything else.
He relys on his teammates badly.
Shockcoil
Enkk(Famous for supporting his teammates)
Here's the point:
People has the right to spam.
But the strenth of the company should be nearly equal to ordinary ones.
That means changing some stats.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2010, 07:27:46 am »

Spam is like a big bowl of Cereal.
I hate cereal

Balanced company is like English breakfast.
I hate English Breakfast

What i do like is Scottish Breakfast, which is everything at that time thats in your fridge!

So to sum up, people should really take litrelly a wide variety of stuff.

Here's the point:
People has the right to spam.
But the strenth of the company should be nearly equal to ordinary ones.
That means changing some stats.

If you mean unit stats in the Attrib of coh then how would that work? if you lower the damage on a specific spam units it would make balanced ones fail against spam the same as it does now.

Lets say people spam rifleman, the devs go and lower the HP and Weapons acc and damage this causes allies to cut down n riflemen and look for a better alternative or some form of strenghtening them with exsisting units. These spammers or some axis will the go OWHHHHHHHH! rifleman are weaker then my Volks/ i dont know PE equiv or is it axis?!?! Then spamedy spamedy spam spam spam. Axis now have the upperhand in spam.

What they need to do is not let companys spend PP's on our companys. Simple as. Maybe have a bigger oversupply pool by a tad but no spending PP's. Balanced companies rarly need PP's to function.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2010, 08:13:58 am »

People will spam whatever is more powerful. It happens in ALL games, not just RTS'. You get a competitive advantage any way you can to get the win, that's what it's all about.

Something will change, then it'll come back in 2-3 months, if it even disappears in the first place.
If there weren't 200pp new accounts, it wouldn't be happening as frequently.

What's wrong is the picture below

For the sake of this argument, i've created a new Airborne account, purchased 2xMP, 2xMU and 1xFU advantages, as well as Airborne Sniper and AB+Rifles. The two snipers are AB snipers (18 pool vs 15) and all AB squads have RR's (AB = 9 pool, AB Rifles = 7 pool, but none are used here).

The ONLY munitions spent here is on RR's for the 10AB squads, except for natural unit pricing.

This is quite a powerful company, I don't think we'd find many who would disagree (Except for ATG enthusiasts, if I had time again, i'd include some). It uses a balance of 8 different types of units, strong AT and AI, recrewing and scouting ability. I think players would struggle against this, and it doesn't cost PP. Realistically to use this company, you'd drop one AB squad and purchase repairs on all crocs and 2 m10's AT LEAST, but still...

Maybe what needs to be looked at is incremental pool values for units, say AB start at 7 or 8, and after every squad purchased, this value increases by one, making pool value actually mean something to most players. This would discourage large amounts of similar units. Rifles or something could start at lower values, being the staple of most American armies, snipers could increase at a rate of 2x, 30 pool seems decent to get a 2nd sniper, those that want will have to pay heavily for it, or just go without other support or don't spend reserve.

Thoughts?

P.S. Sorry if someone else already came up with similar facts or conclusion than I did, I haven't had the time to re read all the posts, only Smokaz' initial one so far.

P.P.S And yes I just realised, an epic hard counter to this company would be 3-4 ostwinds.. But lets face it, nobody runs more than two.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:17:03 am by spinn72 » Logged
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2010, 08:19:53 am »

People will spam whatever is more powerful. It happens in ALL games, not just RTS'. You get a competitive advantage any way you can to get the win, that's what it's all about.

Something will change, then it'll come back in 2-3 months, if it even disappears in the first place.

I stand corrected...
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2010, 08:38:27 am »

For the sake of this argument, i've created a new Airborne account, purchased 2xMP, 2xMU and 1xFU advantages, as well as Airborne Sniper and AB+Rifles. The two snipers are AB snipers (18 pool vs 15) and all AB squads have RR's (AB = 9 pool, AB Rifles = 7 pool, but none are used here).

The ONLY munitions spent here is on RR's for the 10AB squads, except for natural unit pricing.

This is quite a powerful company, I don't think we'd find many who would disagree (Except for ATG enthusiasts, if I had time again, i'd include some). It uses a balance of 8 different types of units, strong AT and AI, recrewing and scouting ability. I think players would struggle against this, and it doesn't cost PP. Realistically to use this company, you'd drop one AB squad and purchase repairs on all crocs and 2 m10's AT LEAST, but still...

Maybe what needs to be looked at is incremental pool values for units, say AB start at 7 or 8, and after every squad purchased, this value increases by one, making pool value actually mean something to most players. This would discourage large amounts of similar units. Rifles or something could start at lower values, being the staple of most American armies, snipers could increase at a rate of 2x, 30 pool seems decent to get a 2nd sniper, those that want will have to pay heavily for it, or just go without other support or don't spend reserve.

Thoughts?

P.S. Sorry if someone else already came up with similar facts or conclusion than I did, I haven't had the time to re read all the posts, only Smokaz' initial one so far.

P.P.S And yes I just realised, an epic hard counter to this company would be 3-4 ostwinds.. But lets face it, nobody runs more than two.

you forgot to buy a grenade for the rifleman..........

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2010, 08:41:08 am »

Wait, out of the following build you have just given, which, when quantified, equals to :

10x RR Airborne
5x Riflemen
4x Sherman Crocodiles
4x Greyhounds
3x Jeeps
2x Snipers
1x Mortar
1x HMG

what is exactly "spammy"? Or spammy to a game-breaking extent?
The RR airborne? Perhaps - but realistically(as you admitted) one would see the extreme weakness you give yourself by having no ATGs, and would replace at least 3 of the RRs with ATGs. And even if you stayed with the 10 RR squads, I doubt many people would struggle at all as much as you're making it out to be.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2010, 09:03:31 am »

That company isn't a problematic type of company
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2010, 10:41:19 am »

Wait, out of the following build you have just given, which, when quantified, equals to :

10x RR Airborne
5x Riflemen
4x Sherman Crocodiles
4x Greyhounds
3x Jeeps
2x Snipers
1x Mortar
1x HMG

what is exactly "spammy"? Or spammy to a game-breaking extent?
The RR airborne? Perhaps - but realistically(as you admitted) one would see the extreme weakness you give yourself by having no ATGs, and would replace at least 3 of the RRs with ATGs. And even if you stayed with the 10 RR squads, I doubt many people would struggle at all as much as you're making it out to be.

a couple well used IST's will shred the company.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2010, 10:43:45 am »

Not really, you use the crocodiles to block the ISTs, works like a charm. A PE player has very little that can dent the churchill armor.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc