Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 26, 2024, 10:20:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pershing HE rounds  (Read 10012 times)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« on: December 23, 2010, 04:31:55 pm »

Right people battle 4895, 3 v 3 between myself, Dudilu and SiegeMachine11 against Artekas, SmurfORnot and Spiegas.

Basically, this replay will show you what Pershing HE rounds can do.

My summary of my opinion is in the patch notes thread... Meanwhile, here's the replay to see it in the flesh.

http://www.filefront.com/17693853/HE Pershingsrar.rar

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 04:38:00 am »

When you buy middle T4, all your tanks get HE round automatic? And do HE rounds  penalize damage and penetration against tanks?
Artekas Offline
Donator

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 04:38:50 am »

It's a toggled ability.
marda145 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 04:40:55 am »

They are very good  then.

And what does mean "criticals from tank class to vehicle class"?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 04:42:49 am by marda145 » Logged
BigDick
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 10:57:49 am »

It's a toggled ability.

rotfl i thought it was like bar suppression an ability on cooldown with a limited time like lasting 30-40sec after activation or something even than it would extremely powerfull to oneshot entire expensive AT squads (>=120 mun each) not even thinking about blobs  Shocked and 2-3 shotting all light armor/pe HT vehicles

please gimme a lvl9 armor company please that i can abuse the shit out of it  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 11:10:37 am »

u can kill halftrack and squad that just dismunted  from halftrack with it cuz of splash...it aint funny at all...
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 11:12:03 am »

u can kill halftrack and squad that just dismunted  from halftrack with it cuz of splash...it aint funny at all...

LOL!!

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 11:13:04 am »

Only 75mm Shermans and Pershings get HE rounds... I'm not sure how effective the 75mm HE rounds are atm btw. I've yet to try them.

2-3 shotting all PE LV's?... Erm, the Pershing does that anyway without HE rounds.

One shotting expensive AT squads happens when they clump together... Besides, you shouldnt be trying to take down a Pershing with handheld AT, a bog standard Pershing is gonna kick the crap out of AT infantry unless It's point blank and in your arse... Say, a pair of decloaked dual shreck stormies.

Way to sensationalise It's capability. As I mentioned in the previous thread... The accuracy against LV's is the only thing that concerns me, after watching the replay, it only missed once or twice against them.

The rounds can still miss infantry, and did for a little while at the start, before I got closer and the infantry got more clumped together.

Oh and Marda, the critical from vehicle class to tank class means that your M8's cannot get engine damage from mortars, and perhaps one or two other little bits and bobs.

Smurf... Well, if the accuracy is modified against LV's that shouldn't be so much of a problem, but really, even against standard Pershings rushing it with HT's is a risky business.
BigDick
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 11:21:36 am »

it is not an issue of the accuracy it is an issue that its a toggle switch for an extremely powerful ability which can be left activated >95% of the time in a game

and no it did not only oneshot entire schqads when they are clumped up
i watched the replay it almost oneshot infantry every single time during the whole fucking game because it could be left active almost the whole game

and no normal pershings need more than 2 shots against marders
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 11:26:58 am by BigDick » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 11:25:58 am »

Oh alright, I'll keep raping the shit out of PE with near perfect accuracy then.

Good times.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 11:28:48 am »

Oh alright, I'll keep raping the shit out of PE with near perfect accuracy then.

Good times.

Your pershings would rape PE either way cause PE is and will always be the shittiest faction in Company of Heroes

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 11:29:40 am »

Who needs HE rounds against panzer grenadiers?

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 11:29:54 am »

Your pershings would rape PE either way cause PE is and will always be the shittiest faction in Company of Heroes

you best be joking
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 02:54:39 pm »

right, you obvoiusly haven't played lately. everybody on the axis side is playing pe it seems. you used to never get 3 PE games, it was pretty much a given back in the day "you can't win with all PE"  but now you can, heck i look forward to at least 1 wehr player sometimes, or all wehr, im sick of PE, they may just be the most overpowered faction right now, at least SE and everybody is doing the same with SE, going the middle t4/t3 and raping with flame rounds.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 03:02:15 pm »

right, you obvoiusly haven't played lately. everybody on the axis side is playing pe it seems. you used to never get 3 PE games, it was pretty much a given back in the day "you can't win with all PE"  but now you can, heck i look forward to at least 1 wehr player sometimes, or all wehr, im sick of PE, they may just be the most overpowered faction right now, at least SE and everybody is doing the same with SE, going the middle t4/t3 and raping with flame rounds.

ha ha ?
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 03:13:21 pm »

hahahah,this just made me laught hard,maybe cuz I am bit drunk...SE being most OP faction...tell me you are joking?! if it's so powerful,why is nobody complaining about it...and it's almost same as before rework...there are almost no threads about any axis stuff being OP,ok,luft medikits were OP and they were nerfed in 24hours...while on other hands there are more threads about allies stuff being OP or axis UP...
frsd Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 03:50:53 pm »

These ability in the current state is just a joke. Giving an already powerful tank with good AI/AT abilities and high HP an extra boost to AI which makes it prolly the best AI unit in the game atm one shooting 3 grens etc. and then instantly switching to AT and being able to fight of axis tanks is just a joke.

Infantry just gets purely raped by it meaning you either have to spam it with, well lets see what fast tanks axis got that r powerful? Oh yeh maybe panther.. you'd need 2 great...  Or try to sit back with your pak40's (pak 38's aren't really what I would call effective) or other Tanks and get a lucky shot off to kill it.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 03:56:05 pm »

These ability in the current state is just a joke. Giving an already powerful tank with good AI/AT abilities and high HP an extra boost to AI which makes it prolly the best AI unit in the game atm one shooting 3 grens etc. and then instantly switching to AT and being able to fight of axis tanks is just a joke.

Infantry just gets purely raped by it meaning you either have to spam it with, well lets see what fast tanks axis got that r powerful? Oh yeh maybe panther.. you'd need 2 great...  Or try to sit back with your pak40's (pak 38's aren't really what I would call effective) or other Tanks and get a lucky shot off to kill it.

Oooooh I so saw this coming.

You just got beat by HE rounds, tried to play against it like a standard Pershing, and got burned for your troubles.

I attempted to explain ingame, you cant use infantry based AT against a HE Pershing, It's doomed to failure. Use Panthers to outrange it, like you would a standard Pershing. Use Marders to outrange it, again, like you would a standard Pershing. Oh, use Pak38's/Pak40's AGAIN to outrange it. See where I'm going with this?

Btw, the HE Pershing has to switch to AP to be effective against tanks, which means waiting a full reload cycle to fire again - That can also be exploited by throwing your tanks in first, THEN supporting with AT infantry so I have to make an active choice.

Only thing wrong with this, is It's accuracy against LV, and I've already said that before.

Oh, and Hetzers, as far as I know, have never been a real counter to Pershings. APCR Hetzers when they are in, maybe, but not standard ones.
frsd Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 04:03:16 pm »

Oooooh I so saw this coming.

You just got beat by HE rounds, tried to play against it like a standard Pershing, and got burned for your troubles.

I attempted to explain ingame, you cant use infantry based AT against a HE Pershing, It's doomed to failure. Use Panthers to outrange it, like you would a standard Pershing. Use Marders to outrange it, again, like you would a standard Pershing. Oh, use Pak38's/Pak40's AGAIN to outrange it. See where I'm going with this?

Btw, the HE Pershing has to switch to AP to be effective against tanks, which means waiting a full reload cycle to fire again - That can also be exploited by throwing your tanks in first, THEN supporting with AT infantry so I have to make an active choice.

Only thing wrong with this, is It's accuracy against LV, and I've already said that before.

Oh, and Hetzers, as far as I know, have never been a real counter to Pershings. APCR Hetzers when they are in, maybe, but not standard ones.

Hmm ok, but lets let go of the fantasy world where a Pershing sits alone on the map without any support in it's sector. Load up the AP rounds on your 57mm and you can forget the part about charging with the panther. Handheld AT can be used against standard pershings, also when a standard pershing drives up infornt of an AT gun, well the AT gun is not gonna die without leaving its mark. HE rounds and woosh take it out from middle range with 1 shot.

Outranging will mostly mean you'll have to play defensive and youd need to throw in alot of pop to counter that 1 Pershing and needing to make sure you dont get run over by rifles.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2010, 04:04:17 pm »

Imo something is OFF with the atg balance. 57mms are beating paks way more often than they should. It should be a even fight, outside of AP rounds.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc