Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 04:00:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: new brand OFF-MAPS...  (Read 11245 times)
poyrazthewicked Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: January 06, 2011, 09:31:11 am »

Hi guys;

right now a lot of us whining about über powerfull arty spam which make games boring...

my suggestion about off-map is that...

almost every faction has its own artilery some of them buff with docs (caliope, howitzer, 25 pounder, nebel,hummel...)
so do we need still off-map bombs...

so far most balanced off-map is precision strike other than this one makes games really sucks and boring(in my opinion again)

so finally my suggestion is get rid of high tier off map bombs and replace them some buff off-map(blitzkrieg, calling it in...) and add if it is needed low tier off-map bomb(precision strike). I think it makes using off-maps more hard because you need some skills to use them and dont cause to loose all your squad for only one cheap off-maps...

-wickY26

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:33:59 am »

well I did sugested that it would be better if u had even more off maps ,but they were significally weaker,so u have stukas and bombers buzzing around battlefield,but not causing such dmg as they do now...
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 09:36:54 am »

We'll be looking at attaching a cost to off-maps and/or attaching them to an on-map unit so that they can either be countered to some extent or at the very least, when used in large amounts, have an impact on your company composition.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 06:56:40 pm »

Might wanna take a rain check on that bro. RCA with 2 offmaps and creeping barrages can saturate the entire screen.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 06:59:30 pm »

heres an idea.

get rid of sp's, tie offmaps to a cost in munis. If you want 10 off maps fine but then you lose muni power

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 08:11:50 pm »

heres an idea.

get rid of sp's, tie offmaps to a cost in munis. If you want 10 off maps fine but then you lose muni power

+1000

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 03:10:50 am »

but not all off maps have equal power. Imagine 3 blitz players,with 5 precision strikes each and some tigers etc. thats almost like 15 atgs dead in seconds so heavy tanks can roll over. Unless you make some ridiculous costs after 2-3 so no one usually takes it cuz it cripples his army more than it gets him.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 03:49:43 am »

Yeah!
After this ultimate redesign i can farm much more useless PP when i selected all my doctrinal unlocks.

9th Armoured Engineers
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 04:23:54 am »

My grieving company. Having 20 offmaps and just vehicles and infantry without any upgrades. I offmap everything I see.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 04:48:51 am »

and it would work,cuz you could rely enough on your allies + bomb da shit of all enemy's altogether,lol
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 08:20:16 am »

Might wanna take a rain check on that bro. RCA with 2 offmaps and creeping barrages can saturate the entire screen.

Teehee...

tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 08:48:04 am »

heres an idea.

I take back my +1000. My fail for not reading the entire post.

I totally agree to adding a muni cost to off-maps, but completely disagree to having unlimited / or limited by munis only. 10 off-maps would be retarded.

Keep max 3 uses on all off maps plus muni cost based on strength / precision of off-map.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 08:54:42 am »

The most effective airburst i've ever seen was decrewing two ATGs and destroying one of them.
I watched a livestream from you and you've just ignored the airburst cuz (it seems that) it can't deal any serious damage.

IJustDontCare Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 09:00:24 am »

I fully support getting rid of off maps or replacing them with something less homosexual to prevent less ass flaming.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 09:41:46 am »

Muni costs on off-maps won't work anyway, we've tried this in the past (2008 if I recall correctly) and there is a good reason why we moved away from it. I would like to try and actually make progress, not waste time on something we've already tried in the past.

The problem with off-maps
- Too many uses, i.e with current PPs and all lvl 9 profiles, everyone just gets max every game.
- DRIFT. This makes off-maps unpredictable, where as you SHOULD be able to always avoid an off-map provided you react in time. There is 'call-in time' for a reason, it gives you several seconds, which is sufficient, to react. If you fail to react, it's your own fault. With drift, you may react in time but still randomly get hit, making the use of 'call-in timers' moot. Off-maps shouldn't be some kind of lottery.
- Fix remaining call-in timers that are too short, some off-map times are still off. Though the recent increase to infantry & defensive off-maps was a step in the right direction.

Doing all of the above will fix most of the problems with off-maps currently. And then on top of that we can still consider attaching off-maps to an on-map unit. Though I'm personal of the opinion that probably wouldn't be necessary.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 09:46:52 am »

I just dont think its a good idea for creeping to be in a game. It ruins any kind of combined arms. At least you know that after 2 earth shakers and 2 airbursts, its the end. But the creeping barrage is a never ending guesswork of doom for the receiving player.

Myst you seem proud but I had the bottom t4 with both offmaps for my RCA too. It has weaknesses, for instance PE will not care about your recon spam or your offmaps and just rush you to death. It's also kinda cheesy build, I had tons of players refusing to play it.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 10:43:49 am »

Yeah!
After this ultimate redesign i can farm much more useless PP when i selected all my doctrinal unlocks.

well mate,

sounds great!

no srsly, these hordes of useless pp should get somewhere on the on hand

on the other hand we should make all offmaps kinda balanced and make them fit their role in the game like the precision strike!

if i remember the defensive rocket arty, i can say its just a fucking big hell in the radius that can rape a whole starting callin if u are lucky. that cant be ever a balanced off-map tbh

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 11:12:38 am »

Don't forget the useless White Phosphorous Strike from the Armor doctrin. I use it to waste my useless PP and sometimes i'm able
to trap a opponent and he retreats his unit(s).
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 11:15:28 am »

Muni costs on off-maps won't work anyway, we've tried this in the past (2008 if I recall correctly) and there is a good reason why we moved away from it.

What was the problem? - I am not being sarcastic or attacking with this remark btw.....
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 11:43:45 am »

When given the choice between off-maps or upgrades, people generally always chose the latter. The main explanation for this is that off-maps (most certainly the ones that can be 'dodged') generally achieve very little in a game, where as upgrades are a more reliable and thus desirable munitions investment.

Also, it wouldn't in any way address the issue people are having with off-maps since there would:
- still be drift, making off-maps unpredictable(which would even be worse if you had to pay munitions for it)
- (or could) still be too many
- still be off-maps that come down too easily

People are not having issues with off-maps because they don't cost anything, else you may as well argue we should add a cost to doctrine abilities as well. They are having issues with off-maps because they are too plentiful and too erratic. Make them more predictable (drift)/avoidable (call-in timers) and they would no longer be problematic.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc