Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 09:21:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tripple Nerfs - The Churchill Croc  (Read 18934 times)
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2011, 07:47:26 am »

allso the tankshock on the MKVI is somewhat useless , sure the crock is somewhat cheap cheap but a single panther and a atgun can take the crock on easy.(unless i am using my command tank smoke barrage that i use on 88s)

I sure as hell hope so

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2011, 07:48:23 am »

simple panther and atg...

do you always use churchils on there own?

really they are an effective tank able to bounce pak shots well, and destroy hordes of inf...

even trying to ninja storm a croc in the ass is a hazard, as well as tank shock and run over,
i have not played them in a while but last i did they are still crazy hard to kill unless they are used wrong.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2011, 07:52:22 am »

even churchil laughs at AT guns,to counter them efectivly u need panther,pak40 or 88.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2011, 07:59:35 am »

Pak ambush

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2011, 08:03:08 am »

Listen up looney toons, especially you woefully underqualified troglodytes in the secret balance advisors forum.

Woe be upon reason, for it has suffered a tremendous blow at the hands of these villainous usurpers.

-Wind

Bro I've been calling for "Workers of the world UNITE! You have nothing to lose but your chains!" for like a year now and if I recall correctly you were #1 reactionary. But glad to have you on the same side comrade.

Mod edit: no unrelated images in the balance forum.

And here are the cossacks to round up the dissenters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLEE2UL_N7Q#t=3m45s
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:12:31 am by Masacree » Logged

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2011, 09:10:41 am »

Down with the clown council! People who are actually good players should be the exclusive members of all balance discussions, not sappy yes men who toe the line and don't have a clue what objectivity, impartiality, and jurisprudence mean.

Who Dares to ask for the Great and Powerful Wizard of OZ???!!!

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2011, 09:13:12 am »

haha you are a midget

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2011, 09:16:31 am »

Hey Groundie,

No unrelated images in the balance forum.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2011, 09:47:29 am »

It feels like Gamesguy is back, but worse.

Oh and btw, croc wasn't that hard to deal with this is the second nerf that feels like a rage nerf even more pathetic then normal as it doesn't even have hull down, which was the only issue before.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 09:53:50 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.

« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2011, 09:48:44 am »

and who is gamesguy?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2011, 10:53:29 am »

Hey Groundie,

No unrelated images in the balance forum.

This thing aint in the balance fourm anymore, hence no rule has been broken. Wink

SO DECREES I, THE GATE KEEPER OF THE EMERALD CITY!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2011, 11:07:19 am »

How is this not a balance thread, so why is it not in the balance forum?
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2011, 11:15:50 am »

Wind's trolling with shadow government conspiracies and revolutionary rhetoric....again.

The churchill change is a miniscule price/pop change that brings the thing in line with other heavy tanks and how they are purchased. (you can get so many at the start and 1 extra through advantages. Panthers, Pershings and Tigers all realistically function this way.)

If he wants to make a legitimate balance claim, he can start again on a fresh post.

Edit- I just did the math and even with all advantages, your still 20 fuel shy of getting your 4th croc. Probably an oversight, and well worth a discussion in lowering the croc's fuel by 10 so you can get your 4th croc, but we gotta act mature now. Wink
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 11:23:48 am by Groundfire » Logged
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2011, 11:27:55 am »

Im sad now groundfire kept his unrelated image  Cry

yeah 4 crocs would be nice
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2011, 11:35:07 am »

no 4 crocs would not be nice.

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2011, 11:58:31 am »

4 crocks would be and overkill.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2011, 12:57:30 pm »

when they get 2x repair,which they will probably get,why would you even wanna 4x of them?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2011, 01:04:51 pm »

when they get 2x repair,which they will probably get,why would you even wanna 4x of them?

why not? if u could have 4 pershings, would you?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2011, 01:10:52 pm »

A good number of people in this thread get what I'm saying, and to those people I say 'thank you'. You guys understand what constitutes smart and responsible balancing, and you also seem to have realized that this thread isn't about Churchill crocs. Because you know how to read, you've deduced that this thread is about proper balancing strategy and jurisprudence.

To the rest of you, shame on you. You've somehow convinced yourself that my explicit stating that the croc should have been nerfed, but in an intelligent and methodical way meant that it was a "precious toy" that i'm sad got nerfed at all. I mean, sure it's easier to scarecrow my argument and ignore the nuances that prevent you from having anythign intelligent to add, but we can't live in a fantasy world. So shame on you silly clowns. Especially those of you who are apart of the balance forum and know you messed up here but are too convinced you actually are half-qualified to be a balance member to admit it.

To the balance team:

In truth, though, you got over excited with your shiny influence over the balance process. You bought into the idea that you were qualified so much that you stopped asking legitimate questions like "am I potentially biased?", or "how can I mitigate the influence that my bias will play on this mod's balancing." And because the balance team has absoloutely no kind of checks and balances system, your failure to ask yourselves these simple questions caused big problems.

This latest example of a hilarious tripple nerf that pretty much everyone knows is a blunder is just one of them, and it won't be the last.

Quote from: Groundfire
If he wants to make a legitimate balance claim, he can start again on a fresh post.

This is an indictment of a completely unqualified balance advisory team and their absent ability to look beyond their own biases and limitations.

I don't care if its a croc getting nerfed or a pioneer minesweeper - you don't do tripple nerfs to existing units over a short time span in the middle of a metagame/war.

That, as was so intelligently said above by another poster in this thread, is Balance 101.

Quote from: Groundfire
Edit- I just did the math and even with all advantages, your still 20 fuel shy of getting your 4th croc. Probably an oversight, and well worth a discussion in lowering the croc's fuel by 10 so you can get your 4th croc, but we gotta act mature now.

A modicum of maturity from the drunk and hyper-reactionary balance/balance advisory team would be a welcome relief. I fear for their spinal column with all the whiplash their knee-jerking must be causing.

Blah blah blah

Sorry Mysthalin, but only people who aren't out on some ill-conceived vendetta to make up for being verbally spanked in previous arguments are allowed in this thread. You are not going to win because you just aren't intelligent enough. Give up you poor unfortunate soul. (Quote Ursula from The Little Mermaid)

You are too young and too hot headed to take the appropriate amount of time to read a thread in order to figure out that it is a complaint against tripple and double nerfs more so than it is about crocs. I know english is your second language, but that makes it incumbent upon you to be more careful before you leap into something you aren't qualified to discuss.

For example:
A)
1. The croc had it's fuel nerfed.
2. The Croc had it's MP nerfed.
3. The croc had its Population nerfed.

This is called a tripple nerf. Three seperate attributes of a single unit were nerfed in a very short period of time. If we were talking about a "category nerf", then we could group these two into categories: resource and population. Don't try to semantics the original post young clown hopper, because you don't get to.

Now go back to being butthurt and leave the smart boys to handle this.

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2011, 01:19:31 pm »

lol wind is a nerd
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc