Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 03:29:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To those browsing forums!  (Read 9931 times)
Migi Offline
See airborne should get SMG's too!
EIR Veteran

« on: August 26, 2007, 01:21:11 am »

Come play a game, get on TS

Vondrakin Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 01:23:14 am »

I would love to but the new resupply system has hamstrung my entire Army... 2 Battles to resupply 1 company?

just another cat drinking coffee
Migi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 01:25:39 am »

Ya it pretty much forces you to play all three, if you dont you end up where your at right now. Works out fine for me as I have 1 company for a mix of def and attack and 1 for strictly def, and one super aggressive company, but others only have one def and one attack
Vondrakin Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 01:31:21 am »

Oh play all three? I get decimated in 2 games and i resupply 1 company, i then play 2 more games and get decimated again, and resupply 1 company. Tell me please how one is meant to "keep up"
Apex Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 04:20:08 am »

ts is .. empty .. hasnt been like that for a long time.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 04:26:16 am »

Vondrakin, all you have to do is not get decimated on all 3 companies...
Most people are playing just fine with only 2 companies, just require some adaption to your gameplay and not getting all your units killed Wink.
Vondrakin Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 04:54:09 am »

The game has become a No Fun, I shouldnt have to worry my units to the bone trying to keep them alive, The fact of the matter is a Company at 75% or below is decimated, Not having AT at all is Decimated. Having to then fight with these depleted resouces and being overrun by one sherman... No Fun.

While I agree with the Retreat rule this new supply rule Will/is/has driven off a lot of players, Why is TS empty? Why cant a get a game going most of the time? why do we have 1800 board members yet never anyone around? I like this game yet its recent changes are driving players away.

This is Beta Testing, Any sembelance of Alpha Testing may or maynot be carried out by the Dev team but certainly not by us the community. Now even given this definition players arnt submiting thier issues but instead having a good old whinge (yes just like this) either in forum topics or over chat programs. If we all banded together and said why we arnt playing then perhaps things will get changed back.

I will continue to play on but i will not go to extended lengths anymore to find a game, Nor will i sit for an hour waiting for game.

Thankyou,
                  Ashen/Vondrakin
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 04:59:11 am »

So would you rather have a system that allows you to resupply after every battle?
Note though that this would take away most company persistency and then again that's something other people don't want either.

I have a thread up in the public discussion, PLEASE tell all the people you know who have issues with the mod to write them up there. I promise you that they will get looked at, at the very least. It's hard for us to fix something we are not aware of is broken or an issue.
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 09:08:43 am »

Ashen, one thing we are trying to prevent is the ability to immediately resupply a company after a battle.  The reason is because it becomes very dull for players to play against the same companies over and over when you can immediately re-supply it.  The 2 battles before a resupply we thought was a nice compromise.

In addition, we want to encourage players to use more than one company instead of 'powering' one and giving it all their availability, resources, and gaining all the experience on it.  I hope you see these as issue the same as the development team does.

I'm more than willing to hear your suggestions...
Ashen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 11:46:35 pm »

Oh im all for having Multiple companies, Its the 2 for 1 ratio im disagreeing with personally, That is losing key units in 2 companies to resupply only one. Fact of the matter is its forcing players to play the same companies over and over so the reinforcement can count. Be that as it may im still playing games and still giving it a go.

However even though im still playing games ive noticed a large decrease in the number of available players. I dont think a lot of players understand the principle of testing and are looking for a complete system right here right now, Guys your not going to get it.

You can please some of the people all of the time, You can please all of the people some of the time, But you will never please all of the people all of the time.

acker Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 12:04:59 am »

Well, this cycle always happens in EIR. EIR used to have a lot of people on in the beginning of 1.6 (?), but declined to nearly zero after a couple of weeks.

But people come back with new versions.

In regards to the post...

Well, you really don't have to lose a lot of units after every game. I, for one, have not mastered this art of off-map retreat, but I know people who lose maybe two infantry squads over a game.

In order to keep companies intact...

1: if your units are outnumbered, do not fight it out. Withdraw to a safer position, and call in backup.
2: if your units get suppressed, try to get them to crawl out of the area. Keep unsuppressed units out of range, but close enough to drive off a coordinated assault on the suppressed units.
    a: just keep your units spaced whenever possible.
3: As an Allied player, always equip your assault (aka: main) squads with at least one sticky on one unit. You should buy about one sticky for every 4 squads.
    a: you don't have to do that, but you need some sort of AT support alongside your infantry. Otherwise...
    b: If you get caught without AT, withdraw or go into a building. Call in support from your teammates.
4: Avoid attrition battles (like 4 Rifles vs. 4 Volks). Always try to outnumber your opponent at the point of attack; you'll take less losses.
5: Retreat if you even think you have a chance of losing the squad. If you see massed units moving to block off your path of retreat, retreat immediately if you don't have a plan.
     a: there's an exception. If your units can be moved to a place where they'll retreat along a clear path, do so.
     b: buildings are your friends when it comes to retreating infantry from tanks. Simply move the infantry around the building and lure the tank out of the retreat path, then hit the button.
6: Keep repairing tanks out of the way. Next to your spawn is nice; if enemy armor attacks, you can simply withdraw the tank.

7: Allied only: yes, those grenadier mobs are invincible. Don't bother pitting infantry against them unless you have heavy support, like a well-placed MG, mines, or a mortar (snipers will work reasonably well if you have the time to win by attrition, just hit the panzershreks until they retreat/die, then call in tanks). Tanks like crocs are even better as long as the mob doesn't have a panzershrek. And Calliopes absolutely decimate these mobs, but you probably won't have them.

I'd post more, but Unknown knows better than I.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 12:15:28 am by acker » Logged
Migi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 01:30:15 am »

Im in TS all alone again, anyone want to come play?
Nevyen Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 04:01:38 am »

Wyatt!!!! get your arse online!!!!

Thtb Offline
The German Guy
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2007, 04:27:57 am »

Im in TS all alone again, anyone want to come play?

Yes.

Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 08:25:23 am »

Recommend moving Acker's post to the Manual Sticky or a new sticky with "Tips for new players"

Kolath's Quote Commandments:
1. Thou shalt not quote the entirety of a post 3 or less posts above you
2. Thou shalt not quote more than 2 nested levels
3. Thou shalt not quote large blocks of text when one sentence would do
4. Thou shalt not quote images!
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2007, 08:42:44 am »

Well, this cycle always happens in EIR. EIR used to have a lot of people on in the beginning of 1.6 (?), but declined to nearly zero after a couple of weeks.

We gain some, we lose some.  Players who leave because they don't get their way aren't anyone we really care to keep around.  We want those who understand this is a process and are willing to stick through things and make constructive posts to attempt to rectify the issues they are having with the game.

APEX has been around since the beginning practically and I'm sure he dislikes quite a bit of the things we do, but he never has left (or even threatened to leave).  He knows if he makes good arguments, then he has a chance to change the course of development.

All this said, we are gaining popularity despite what it may seem.  We've had more hits in August than ever before and the number of battles since the reset is amazing for something that is really quite difficult to find a game for...

We feel if we make finding battles easier, get more tutorials up, then our player base will continue to grow.  We have plans for all of this, but there is never enough time. 

Even so, we are going to be mentioned in quite a few magazines over the coming months and that will increase our exposure more-so.  Then with the release of OF, I plan to have the modification OF ready on OF launch day which will open up the door to even more players...
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2007, 08:45:22 am »

I won't be leaving any time soon
fldash Offline
Founder

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2007, 08:49:03 am »

If only you could get the other RelicNews moderators over here... Smiley

For those curious, this is the number of battles since reset by match size:
Code:
size 	count( * )
1 122
2 64
3 36
4 4

I'm quite certain that's the most of any Company of Heroes modification played on Relic Online.
I won't be leaving any time soon
Kolath Offline
Commander, 2nd Infantry Division

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2007, 09:10:14 am »

I plan to have the modification OF ready on OF launch day which will open up the door to even more players...

Shocked

Man, if we thought balance was tough with just US and Wermacht.  Wink
Akranadas Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2007, 09:19:35 am »

If only you could get the other RelicNews moderators over here... Smiley

If only  Embarrassed
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc