Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 02:20:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Axis Spam  (Read 12037 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« on: February 22, 2011, 10:58:29 am »

It seems the new thing is dual tigers supplemented by assault, storms or elite armor grens.

Why? I'm not saying i have a problem with it but every game I play now I see this and I seem to go against 2-6 tigers every game i play, sometimes 2-4 on the field at once, it's starting to get annoying.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 11:01:40 am »

so ?

what about every game going up against rifleman and allied atg ?

Delete axis for Tym so he can play allies vs allies

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:04:52 am »

Very simple really. It holds up vs Allied super doctrines better than the rest.

Tigers are efficient tanks that require low Munitions investment.

Left over Munitions go towards upgrading your infantry and getting support weapons.

If you only have 2-3 tanks, why take a mediocre T3 to buff them when you can get a T4 to make all your infantry 25% tougher.

The reason you see it is because it is one of the few viable builds. Defensive is and has been terrible even before the LeIG nerf that wasn't needed. Terror doesn't exist. Other Blitz builds are ok if you can plan your teams but really, most people want to play without having to have preset teams.

That leaves 1 build.

In short Tym, shitty doctrine design.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 11:08:12 am by AmPM » Logged

8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 11:13:04 am »

+1 there are few axis buidls on both PE and wehr that can effectivly counter allied super doctrines

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 11:15:39 am »

8 min ragequit leads to ragetopic.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 11:17:31 am »

^ lmao always
BigDick
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 11:18:10 am »

Why? I'm not saying i have a problem with it
get annoying.

and why is this in balance forum? is tym the only one who is alowed to not follow rules?
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 11:19:36 am »

becuase he methinks Hethinks they should balance out tigers smore and leave his precious allies alone.
poyrazthewicked Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 11:24:18 am »

I was there Cheesy

come on riflemans taste our elite armors...

-wickY26
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 11:41:19 am »

It seems the new thing is dual tigers supplemented by assault, storms or elite armor grens.

Why? I'm not saying i have a problem with it but every game I play now I see this and I seem to go against 2-6 tigers every game i play, sometimes 2-4 on the field at once, it's starting to get annoying.

This is probably the oldest strategy in EIR. There is one major reason why people choose this strategy now more than ever: Terror and Airborne are not implemented and Defensive is a support doc, so it's not very effective to have 3 Defensive players on the same team, ampm already noted this. Pershing focused builds would be more common if HVAP rounds were implemented.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 11:45:33 am »

boIokok W 28 L 4 D 4
Wehrmacht Defensive

Yeah, defensive's a fine doctrine. Stop whining.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 12:05:09 pm »

Pershing focused builds would be more common if HVAP rounds were implemented.

Er, whut?

HVAP rounds ARE implemented and work fine.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 12:12:51 pm »

HE rounds on pershings are far, far superior, and HVAP only works against super heavy tank classes, so it's a limited buff vs. a major buff at killing ATGs in one shot or wiping out shrek squads instantly with 105 blasts... take your pick.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

BigDick
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 12:16:31 pm »

i think hvap is better if you don't use pershings and more M10/M18 tankdestroyers or even Shermans

the HE armor T4 is broken yes

if someone fails at countering tigers he probably fails countering the support of the tigers

a tiger is not more than a big panzer4 and needs to used like one and to be countered like one

the best support for tigers are doubleshrek storms to take out ATguns and M10

there u need to start in countering tigers
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 12:19:35 pm by BigDick » Logged
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 12:17:17 pm »

HVAP = Panthers and Tigers become much less threatening. Vet 3 Allows 4 shotting of Panthers. Anti Infantry is only downgraded to that of a Sherman, which is still very good.

HE Rounds = Screw yourself button if heavy armour turns up and you've got HE rounds in the breach. Panthers can just run you right down. However, if your against a company with little to no heavy armour, HE Rounds finds it's niche.

Pershings can already wipe ATG's in one shot, HE Rounds just makes it more common, and tbh, the accuracy is about that of a StuH round... Your only fucked if your squad is clumped up.

Only reason my armour is currently HE Rounds is cause the HE Rounds are funny as hell to watch.
BigDick
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 12:21:18 pm »

HE Rounds = Screw yourself button if heavy armour turns up and you've got HE rounds in the breach. Panthers can just run you right down. However, if your against a company with little to no heavy armour, HE Rounds finds it's niche.

thats bullshit its an instant toggle button you should know that as HE pershing exploiter

leave it on HE and when a tank shows up somewhere toggle to normal rounds
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2011, 12:23:13 pm »

ROFL.

"As a HE Pershing exploiter" I know full well that it takes over a full single reload cycle to change rounds in the barrel, ya biased sensationalist. Combine AT types to win.
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2011, 12:24:05 pm »

^ I Agree with Bigdick, the HE rounds doesn't screw you against armor, it is an instant toggle, and it still does a fair bit of damage to vehicles and tanks due to its arty round like hit/splash.

A single full reload cycle is nothing compared to what it should be, which is a timed ability where the pershing should not be able to fire for say X amount of seconds.
BigDick
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2011, 12:25:15 pm »

it takes a normal reload as ur pershing would have anyways between shoots so dont fool us dude

there is no drawback in normal rounds and it has no cooldown or something
i used it i know how broken it is

not mentioned that the bug is still in allowing the pershing firering HE while repair
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2011, 12:25:41 pm »

i didn't leave because of you guys, i left cuz of my dumbass teamamtes. 2 tigers on the field and the idiot brings out a priest and no at lol

and that game didn't spark this i literally mean it, the last 5 or so games i've played i've encountered at least 2 tigers on the field at once at sometime during the game.

It's in the balance forum because I feel that something needs to be balanced all around tbh. i Hate the docs, there's really nothing good. I'm getting bored and lets see, it's nearly the end of feb, could've sworn we were promised full docs by christmas and theres no word of them

and seeing HE in action, and playing against it, tbh i dont fear it. a lot of allies solo their pershings and dont support it well enough and they get raped. im trying to level up an armor account and i'm not interested in he rounds at all.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc