Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 06:54:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] Jumbo  (Read 36901 times)
BigDick
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2011, 12:29:45 pm »

"4" tigers thats bullshit dude first you need to spend 120 additional munition onto each tiger means 2 tiger = 420 munition for the repairs and second only campy lame dudes get german engineering because its kind of a dick playstyle to sit back to spawn repairing for minutes while the teammates got a bloddy nose holding the front and pushing
BigDick
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 12:33:19 pm »

I never had an issue killing them, they are slow vehicles.

when you played last time they got pershing armor not broken (for axis weapons) skirted panther armor

and they are faster than a tiger

as PE it's even easier to kill with a Marder and a Treadbreaker shot

i don't talk about the PE i talk about the hardcounter to tanks wehrmacht got called pak38

marder is doing better than against pershings
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 12:43:52 pm by BigDick » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2011, 01:22:50 pm »

Even bouncing, the PaK will do 57.5 damage. Also, I've been using Blitz, without Assault, and doing just fine.

Whats that, oh no, a Jumbo!? Let me bring over this other tank that costs about the same and kill it, or use 2 PaK guns to kill it....

Jumbo is slow, it's gun is not amazing, all it has is Panther armor and 100 more HP.

If you can't fight them it's your own fault.

pqumsieh Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2011, 01:32:48 pm »

just a side note, if you have German engineering you get 6 tigers not 4. Two from the start, another 2 after the first repair, and finally another 2 after the last repair; thus, 6.

PQ

Common sense is not so common after all.
BigDick
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2011, 02:01:43 pm »

your wrong you get 10 tiger but u know whats even more awesome? my 20 pershing company  Roll Eyes no kidding  Roll Eyes

we speak about tiger now? i thought i created the topic to look at penetration of paks against jumbos

i must be wrong
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2011, 02:37:00 pm »

just a side note, if you have German engineering you get 6 tigers not 4. Two from the start, another 2 after the first repair, and finally another 2 after the last repair; thus, 6.

PQ

hmm,and if Tiger dies before it can repair or while repairing,then why I get 2 tigers instead of 6 I payed for  Roll Eyes
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2011, 07:39:44 pm »

Jumbo's are easily killed if you know what ur doing, which bd obviously doesn't despite all his elitism.

Also im guessing that jumbos ruin is spam strategy, so i feel no sympathy, time to load up on jumbos again.

Anyway, I didn't understand the change to panther_skirts armor, it used to just be panther, then they changed it without alerting the community. The thing is very vulnerable to tanks, it has a 75mm sherman gun and no, the 25% pen doesn't make it better than a 76mm, just a bit under it maybe about 85-90% as effective as a 76mm.

it's just a tougher sherman ffs and you can only have 3 really, maybe 4 if you go for more fuel but then u can't get howitzers which most inf coys need.

also they need the toughness because they can't get away from anything, once it's within an arc of fire for something, it's going to take hits and the only axis tank it can out run is a king tiger.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 07:43:00 pm by Tymathee » Logged

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2011, 09:00:19 pm »

They do need toughness cuz they are as slow as anything, i can even see it as slow as a KT in comparison because of a fast firing PAK. but they are really slow and have a chunk of metal rolling around the field who isnt as nearly as effective as a KT well then i say the resources are fine. I havent checked but if it is more expensive then a p4. leave it that way.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2011, 09:06:54 pm »

The Jumbos turret rotation speed is also a drawback for the Jumbo.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 01:44:13 am »

They do need toughness cuz they are as slow as anything, i can even see it as slow as a KT in comparison because of a fast firing PAK. but they are really slow and have a chunk of metal rolling around the field who isnt as nearly as effective as a KT well then i say the resources are fine. I havent checked but if it is more expensive then a p4. leave it that way.

540-380

normal sherman 395 240
pershing 620 545

its priced pretty much tween a sherman and a pershing.

Speed Comparison - Speed, Acceleration, Deceleration
Jumbo - 4.5, 1.4, 4
Pershing - 5, 2, 4
Sherman - 5.2 1.6, 4
Tiger - 4, 2, 4
KT - 3, 1.2, 2

so i was wrong about it being kt speed, i think it used to be but it's just a bit faster than a tiger.

the jumobos saving grace is it's heavy crush and it's strong frontal armor. but funny things, its' weak to random axis weapons. If you have issues, bring a stuh.

Stuh 1 acc, .9 dmg 100% pen vs panther skrits armor. lol

spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 03:51:28 am »

lol @ bigdick saying pak is bad.
Seriously, jumbo's are slow and have bad turret rotation, if you can't counter after your number of games, delete EIRR please.
BigDick
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 03:54:53 am »

wtf is wrong with some of you?

ok in capital letters

i dit NOT say the pak is bad i say the PENETRATION of the PAK against JUMBO is BAD and BROKEN

jesus christ
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2011, 08:54:31 am »

you guys should just put it back to pershing armor or something.

Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 10:05:58 am »

i dit NOT say the pak is bad i say the PENETRATION of the PAK against JUMBO is BAD and BROKEN

You know what big dick is right, 6 pdr and 57 mm's penetration against Panther frontal and Tiger and KT frontal is BAD and BROKEN too, nerf that shit.

Back to the real world. Jumbo will get penetrated almost 100% of the time if you hit the sides and rear, thats the truth or get a PAK 40 and deal with it.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
BigDick
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2011, 10:09:02 am »

that is wrong because US does not use the pak38 they use the AT57mm which is much better at penetrating the panther armor than the pak38
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2011, 11:43:26 am »

What does the jumbo come with exactly?

What health again?  What MGs? does it have a free 50 cal or something? because its mgs seem to do just as good or better than a regular sherman with a 50cal added.

Jumbos are most cost effecient if you want more mun for your AT guns or Infantry. 

to make a regular sherman as effective against Infantry and Tanks you have to spend 110mun... a jumbo with TR is just as effective against tanks as a upgun.. its 25per pen bonus is better against panther, tiger..   against the iv stug jagd and hetzer its slighly worse.

you can basically have 3 jumbos, that means if you carried 3 shermans with the standard upgrades to make them as useful, you use 330 mun.. on weaker tanks..   you could, if you wanted to still get at least 1 howi with advantages...

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 12:29:06 pm »

TR Jumbo = so much more affective than my HE M4s, I'm truly jealous of infantry and might play TR just to play around with these bad boys.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2011, 01:19:38 pm »

What does the jumbo come with exactly?

What health again?  What MGs? does it have a free 50 cal or something? because its mgs seem to do just as good or better than a regular sherman with a 50cal added.

Apparently you don't know exactly what the Jumbo is.  It's a Sherman tank with panther SKIRT armor (that's new, used to be Pershing and then panther).  It has a free built-in 50 cal into the tank as well as 50 HP less than a pershing and slower speed than a Sherman.  It is a 'MU Efficient' tank but solely because it cannot get the mine plow or upgun, leaving you only with repair kits.

The tank is great against infantry, as intended, and it's not so good against german armor.  Leigs and StuH do incredible damage to the sucker, and alpha striking them with shreks makes them go bye bye really fast.  If you run a mine company, the few jumbos on the field are in for a world of hurt, nor are they 'chasing' axis armor due to the terrible penetration of their guns and the risk of losing an expensive tank if it gets lured into a trap.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 01:51:49 pm »

Apparently you don't know exactly what the Jumbo is.  It's a Sherman tank with panther SKIRT armor (that's new, used to be Pershing and then panther).  It has a free built-in 50 cal into the tank as well as 50 HP less than a pershing and slower speed than a Sherman.  It is a 'MU Efficient' tank but solely because it cannot get the mine plow or upgun, leaving you only with repair kits.

The tank is great against infantry, as intended, and it's not so good against german armor.  Leigs and StuH do incredible damage to the sucker, and alpha striking them with shreks makes them go bye bye really fast.  If you run a mine company, the few jumbos on the field are in for a world of hurt, nor are they 'chasing' axis armor due to the terrible penetration of their guns and the risk of losing an expensive tank if it gets lured into a trap.

i know what it is.. i was just asking what free stuff it came with, stating it comes with free 50cal and if you get TR it makes it just like a upgun sherman for the most part, so ya, if you want to only run 3 tanks its a better option...  jumbo seems better when it came out first time with pershing armor, seems weaker now...   really should take off the panther armor, as the jumbo itself had better armor anyways...

damn, there i go with realism shit again, sorry.
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2011, 01:55:51 pm »

An up-gun sherman is still around 50% better vs most tanks than the TR jumbo.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc