Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:49:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PE Sprint discussion 0.7.9k  (Read 8210 times)
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« on: March 12, 2011, 05:47:29 pm »

I've opened this thread to initiate discussion on the recent PE sprint change allowing Veteran Sgt. upgrade to grant sprint

Tank buster squads out running my firefly to catch it and shoot it.
Runnign past an HMG to kill a sniper iwth G43s and still hop in a house and no supression. 

So it's like fireup?
Sprint does grant suppression resistance, enough to run into HMG fire but not enough to run out. Charging into suppression irreversably damges the squad often times forcing their removal from the field.
Also, every Allied tank, save the Churchill can outrun a sprinting squad. Even the Pershing and Firefly will outrun a sprinting squad when they stop to fire or duration expires.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 05:51:36 pm »

It's more likely that what happened is the Firefly was moving up to engage a target and some sprinting schreks ran past his infantry to shoot it...

Welcome to Fireup without the GTFO of Suppression free part....

TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2011, 06:15:36 pm »

I like them as they are for now they make the Grens usefull without Sacrifical runs.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 06:20:10 pm »

I say give it a month atleast to see what it does with the meta-game. stop crying wolf after a week of implementation. wait it out for a while guys.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 06:26:28 pm »

For 265 MP you get a infantry armour 4 man sprinting squad with a total of 320 HP. Capable of buying G43's, incid nades, and AT nades.

For 280 MP you can get a airborne armour 6 man fireup squad with a total of 330hp. Capable of buying BAR's no surpress, Pineapple nades, and stickies.

I think its fair. For 15 MP more Airborne rifleman only sacrifice suppression(bars) and are cursed with more total men, But over Pgrens they have better nades, and a vehicle disabler, and doge armour. And the most important part, They get to break surpression, and also totaly negate surpression unlike sprint, which simply lowers recieved surpression.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 06:36:46 pm »

You forgot the faqt that bars rape PGrens.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 12:36:46 am »

the biggest issue, was i think was the un intentional removal of the Fallies Vet 2 sprint removal, fallies cant sprint at all anymore, they should still be able to sprint at vet two. it sais they can in thier veterancy, but they cannt in game

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 01:37:40 am »

US MGs for 20 munition will shred PE grens to pieces nowadays. Think 'bout it, 20 munitions- insta suppress and kill grenadiers with no way out Grin

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 02:29:23 am »

US MGs for 20 munition will shred PE grens to pieces nowadays. Think 'bout it, 20 munitions- insta suppress and kill grenadiers with no way out Grin

it damages them just like a .30 cal will damage a grenadier or volks squad, give me a break.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 09:02:11 am »

It's more likely that what happened is the Firefly was moving up to engage a target and some sprinting schreks ran past his infantry to shoot it...

Welcome to Fireup without the GTFO of Suppression free part....

No it was backing up,  On anything but a road the tank buster squads will out run it. I thought at vet 2 it was a bit ridiculous to have Normal none elite units gaining such a huge advantage over all other base infantry, And while it costs Munitions now, the talk about making it just cost MP will have me exclusively play PE. 

It just has the feel of being much like the old terror doctrine... 

In my mind, it would be like giving Tommies the ability to sprint, Volks, Or rifles as well....  Imagine the possibilities there, Yes they can get suppressed but the dmg that can be inflicted before they get suppressed would be massive.

Stiki squads could get close, Similar to Magnetic At grenades is a thoghut i first had.

Also G43 Slow, with flame nades...  Slow, Sprint Throw nade laugh and sprint away.  Or assault squad that will assault an inf squad with slow...

Without a munition cost you would be stupid not to have it even on vanilla un upgraded squads because they could beat someone to Re crewing weaponry even.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 09:04:06 am »

Not like rifles or volks the sprint does fit the PE theme, which is a highly mobile company able to react quickly to threats. Also it does not cost munitions on TBs and AGs.

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 09:13:48 am »

ummmm no matter if i run PE, Wher, Brits, or US... I run that type of company... So that being said should i have the option to get sprint on my base inf units then because thats the style of game i like to play?  by the logic you just presented that is..

Its a base unit, Not an unlock, There is no Sink into the unit, no investment beyond just being PE.  Every other unit that has something like that is elite, Airborne, Rangers, Commandos, Storms, 4 man KCH even.  They all get additional functionality either in Fire up, Smoke, Cloak, extra strong man, Because they are doctrinal.  So you have to pick it and then use it, its an invstment. 

Right now... Its just base infantry.   In the end i think its going to be proven to be broken, but we will see.  The Vet 2 ones made vetted armies broken in many ways so now that its a purchasable upgrade, there is some investment or sink... but not much of one. 
Killer344 Offline
The Inquisitor

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 09:49:22 am »

Sprint costs 50mp on pzgrens, and 60mp on all the other squads.

If I get shot and it's a gay medic fixing me up, he's not gonna be fondling my balls while he does it. You can't patch a chest wound and suck a cock at the same time.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 09:52:28 am »

Yeah, 300MP for assault gren squad/w sprint. Rifleman are 200 MP. Thats a 50% increase in manpower.

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 01:24:47 pm »

We all know that the Falls are a weak unit and they cant stand alone in a fight without support so why remove the sprint on Vet 2 for them?
It Is the only thing that is able to keep them alive when facing imposseble odds Like riflemen with bars, sure they Can do alot of damage when in cover and long range but With their Small sliver of health They Really need Every Boost that They can have.
Rethink about removing the only thing making the falls usefull or Or atleast Give them The vet sargent upgrade so they can stand more than half a seckond in a fight or be able to run away when facing Imposseble odds.
Sure they have been know For some really Shitty bugs like the Healthkits that Made them like walking termenators but those few insedents should not Be a reason to nerf them to death.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:26:44 pm by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 02:16:07 pm »

Just played a game where i chased downa  firefly with Tank buster squads. 

If the tank is backing up, Like most tanks would be... because your not going to face rear armor toward the front lines.... The back up speed of tanks will be outrun by tank buster squads.
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 02:38:42 pm »

same with AB and rangers chasing down any axis tank.
maybe sprint should have a negative aftereffect like fireup.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 02:51:12 pm »

As long as spring also removes suppression when used sure!
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 02:51:48 pm »

same with AB and rangers chasing down any axis tank.
maybe sprint should have a negative aftereffect like fireup.
Lol, it does.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 02:58:07 pm »

no it doesnent, it doesnt break supression, all it does is just make you more supression resistant. if your supressed while useing it it, wont break the supression at all
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc