Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 29, 2024, 07:22:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 26, 2024, 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [TESTING] (6/8) Rouen  (Read 14216 times)
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 05:42:07 pm »

Map file updated in original post to latest version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3R4SF7EL

-Wind

Vermillion Hawk: Do you ever make a post that doesnt make you come across as an extreme douchebag?

Just sayin'
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 05:44:35 pm »

I had no problems. Butttt since I use a lot of support weapons as soon as I saw the city I was like, fuck it, I can't fight in there, and avoided it the whole game haha.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 05:08:07 pm »

Just had another great 4v4 on the map! What fun!

Version 1.4 now ready for download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6LLLOJUE

*Fixed in this update:

1. Small patch to the left of the pond by the cliff was not passable by heavy tanks, despite looking like it should be. Moved boulder slightly to the right to clear the way

2. Night atmosphere (night, not stormy night) should now work as intended.

-Wind
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 09:07:30 pm »

Had a few great 4v4's on this map now, but I need some more feedback.

C'mon people, lets get some questions, concerns, suggestions or praise!

-Wind
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2011, 10:44:26 pm »

Well you know I love this map! I feel that the buildings are maybe too high in the city, it's hard to see what's going on exactly, but I'm not sure how you can fix it. It's just that they are so clustered, I only seem to have a problem on the left side though, the right side of the city is fine. It would also help if once when I play this map I play from the opposite side  Cheesy
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2011, 04:10:04 pm »

This s a decent map Wind But for soemthings sake please Clean it up, it may look awesome but its laggy as hell even for decent comps that can run Coh on ultra.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2011, 04:54:38 pm »

Map looks great but lags like a bitch. I might suggest removing some of the eye candy such as non-cover-granting scrub_bush_01/02/03, and a few of the wicker_basket_04 and so on items that grant miniscule sized patches of yellow cover. The map as a whole looks absolutely beautiful, I dont know if anyone commented on it but the odd 'hill' from glacial deposits is a wonderful touch. Uneven terrian +1, I side with Mal on this one. Huge fat-assed props Wind.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2011, 06:07:10 pm »

This s a decent map Wind But for soemthings sake please Clean it up, it may look awesome but its laggy as hell even for decent comps that can run Coh on ultra.

The center needs a huge fix indeed.
You could remove a lot of houses and make more space between 'em, that should fix it.

why is everyone except me retarded?
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 08:09:34 pm »

No man, i like it, it creats an arnem feel to the map, europe as it was 1944, small backalley fighting hard manuvering for tanks

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2011, 12:39:43 am »

Holy sweet mother of jesus balls, I just left my home to visit Maine and then this map is released for testing   Cry

I would love to play this map! It looks awesome, too bad no one can really play it in the rain, due to people and their somewhat old computer  Tongue

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
TheWindCriesMary Offline
The Ethics Police
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 01:01:00 am »

Here's my position on this map:

1. There will be no changes to "improve the playability of the central town".

Why?

This map was made to be visually impressive and realistic. That second part comes at a cost, in some players mind, to it's "playability". To these players, having a town that somewhat resembles what an actual WW2 urban center would look is frustrating, difficult and lends itself to chaotic and gritty fighting which they do not prefer. They want nice flat fields with 2-3 buildings inexplicably spaced just far enough apart, as well as no more than 2-3 clumps of trees.

My reasoning is, EiR has enough of these maps. They are fine maps in and of themselves, but that's not what this map is. This map was made to a different standard.

2. No aesthetics will be sacrificed in order to reduce lag in the central town:

As the map is now, 30-60% of EiR's community will likely not be able to play it without lag due to it being too graphically demanding for their computer -- particularly in the center. This is a number I am willing to live with in order to keep it as detailed as I like.

Ultimately, this map was made according to my standard. EiR has plenty of "Gameplay"-friendly maps that don't lag, so anyone who wants the same-old same-old all the time can go play those. If you have a beefy computer and love a map that actually looks and feels somewhat realistic (various terrain, diverse landmark features, a close-knit, detailed town) then this is the map for you. If not, you won't enjoy it.

Cheers,
-Wind

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2011, 05:31:21 am »

I wont be playing it then .
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2011, 09:04:19 am »

I respect your decision
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 09:17:53 am »

I wont be playing it then .

+1

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
puddin Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2011, 09:24:22 am »

I find it irnoic that this commuity always ask for different maps, yet when one comes along you all complain.  Wind has mad a mad that you will have to tone down your settings for, Run in all low if you have to to enjoy the map, Just try it out. 

Some the most enjoyable maps, play out differently than the Square sector bland ones so many people play just to grind out games...

I encourage outside the box and Unquie map designs. 

Anyhow wind, Maybe if yu also made a more computer friendly map as well, the Critics wouldn;t be so verbose.  Not sayign to change this one, Just another Unique styling that is not as big of a lag fest.

Puddin' spamtm
i cant really blame smokaz i mean playing against puddin is like trying to fight off breast cancer. You might win and do it and be a bad ass but you'll feel sick and mutilated forever.

Puddin' spamtm is soulcrushing... what's hard to understand about that?

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 06:12:04 am »

Dude this map is good but the only problome i allready run it in the lowest settings when playing this map.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 06:44:43 am »

To be honest, we won't be supporting a map that can't be run by the majority of our players. Gameplay is your call, and some players may like it, but when a map is spammed with tiles & objects causing unplayable lag then there's no reason for us to even bother making all users download it.

You REALLY should address it, it's perfectly possible to have a pretty map WITHOUT lagging everyone. (Use splats & splines instead of tons of tiles, cut down some objects, etc) It'd be a shame if we had to remove this map because you're too stubborn to make it somewhat playable for everyone.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 09:58:57 am »

Sorry for derailing, but Unkn0wn, when do you plan on making another map?

Please don't remove this map from the launcher Tongue I wanna play it atleast once before it gets removed.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 10:01:22 am »

Here's my position on this map:

1. There will be no changes to "improve the playability of the central town".

Why?

This map was made to be visually impressive and realistic. That second part comes at a cost, in some players mind, to it's "playability". To these players, having a town that somewhat resembles what an actual WW2 urban center would look is frustrating, difficult and lends itself to chaotic and gritty fighting which they do not prefer. They want nice flat fields with 2-3 buildings inexplicably spaced just far enough apart, as well as no more than 2-3 clumps of trees.

My reasoning is, EiR has enough of these maps. They are fine maps in and of themselves, but that's not what this map is. This map was made to a different standard.

2. No aesthetics will be sacrificed in order to reduce lag in the central town:

As the map is now, 30-60% of EiR's community will likely not be able to play it without lag due to it being too graphically demanding for their computer -- particularly in the center. This is a number I am willing to live with in order to keep it as detailed as I like.

Ultimately, this map was made according to my standard. EiR has plenty of "Gameplay"-friendly maps that don't lag, so anyone who wants the same-old same-old all the time can go play those. If you have a beefy computer and love a map that actually looks and feels somewhat realistic (various terrain, diverse landmark features, a close-knit, detailed town) then this is the map for you. If not, you won't enjoy it.

Cheers,
-Wind

ill be playing the map, its quite fun and i enjoy the hell out of it
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 10:57:26 am »

i had no idea about all this. the map is fantastic, but playing on my laptop i highly doubt i can run it now. this was one of my favorite maps, my favorite 4v4, and personally i loved playing in the town since i always have crocs or nades on my troops. sad thing to read.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc