Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 05:33:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Persistancy  (Read 6546 times)
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: April 03, 2011, 04:58:36 pm »

So I haven't been playing this mod for very long, and not as much as I could, but as long as I have been here, everyone keeps the same veteran units they've acquired across battles for an indefinite period of time until they are killed or deleted (unlikely). But I've heard that this was not always so.

From my understanding, in earlier versions of the game, when the warmap was enabled, everyone's companies would be reset back to the start after every warmap campaign season was finished. Now I find this fairly troublesome, as it would be adverse to the advertisement of persistancy if such a system was implemented again. So my question is: were you guys planning to reintroduce this system of company wipes again?

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 05:01:33 pm »

When the warmap comes back?
well you could allways go to OMG where the allies win every week and all your shit gets deleted.

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 05:12:28 pm »

So that means that they're going to do database wipes again later? If so, damn, because I think it's kind of counter-intuitive to any progression system.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 05:14:25 pm »

Wipes are so rare it doesn't really matter.

By the time there's a wipe you've had enough of your vet anyways.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 05:21:49 pm »

You'll have to trust me when I say the best part of the game is leveling your company at the start of a war.

You slowly see units getting added in and need to combat them with what you've got on hand. The first time that Tiger, Pershing, Kint Tiger drives into your troops truly is an "ahhhh shit" moment.

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 05:48:11 pm »

I guess it's just me, but personally I find having all the work I spent on my company erased to be kind of a downer. I mean, I commit my time to building my company and watching it grow, all to have it taken away in the end. It would be nice to have the option to maybe import a certain number of veteran units between campaigns or something.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 06:16:55 pm »

honestly, the wipe is to prevent the obvious, Example, the best players in eirr with always have, full companies of vet, now a noobier player wont... so that creates an obvious and pretty big advantage for the better players, which is not appealing, so if it wipes every once in a while, it prevents super vet whoring

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 06:21:42 pm »

honestly, the wipe is to prevent the obvious, Example, the best players in eirr with always have, full companies of vet, now a noobier player wont... so that creates an obvious and pretty big advantage for the better players, which is not appealing, so if it wipes every once in a while, it prevents super vet whoring

I suppose that's a good way to counter it, then. Of course, from what I've seen, a lot of people go to great lengths to kill the vet 3 units of others, so I'm pretty sure a lot of them would get killed eventually.
cloud234 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2011, 06:26:25 pm »

I suppose that's a good way to counter it, then. Of course, from what I've seen, a lot of people go to great lengths to kill the vet 3 units of others, so I'm pretty sure a lot of them would get killed eventually.

That would unfortunately require that the people are good players and actually capable of doing that... or they'll just end up pushing that vet 3 unit further up the leaderboard  Roll Eyes

Seeing as how everyone have lives, you can't expect the vet hunters to keep playing now can you?  Grin

Reset is best ^^
EIRRMod Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2011, 06:28:10 pm »

End of war wipes, when the warmap is introduced - will actually still reward people who have done very well for the next war.
(ie starting 'hand' of cards and such)

Quote from: brn4meplz
Shit I'm pretty sure you could offer the guy a cup of coffee and he'd try to kill you with the mug if you forgot sugar.
Quote from: tank130
That's like offering Beer to fuck the fat chick. It will work for a while, but it's not gonna last. Not only that, but there is zero motivation for the Fat chick to loose weight.
Quote from: tank130
Why don't you collect up your love beads and potpourri and find something constructive to do.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2011, 06:39:22 pm »

Am I the only person who thought regular wipes were a good idea?
At the moment, if you play regularly enough, you see a players' name in the launcher and immediately know what company they are using based off previous games. People have 200+ games on the same account, so things start to get predictable. At the start of wipes, every player starts using different factions and the game turns out being completely unpredictable, and like brn said, seeing the big guns straight up is just awesome!
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2011, 07:01:40 pm »

End of war wipes, when the warmap is introduced - will actually still reward people who have done very well for the next war.
(ie starting 'hand' of cards and such)

In what way can we 'ear' said hands?

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2011, 07:07:47 pm »

what about casual gamers who don't play a ton of games. regular wipes would make it frustrating trying to build up your Coy
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2011, 07:13:46 pm »

Depending on your ability, it can take aprox 30-50 games to hit rank 9 and have enough PP's to buy everything you require as long as you haven't oversupplied on your way up.

This war, playing about 2-3 games a day as an average (Some days have more, some have none) I've managed to amass over 300 games in total, nearly 200 of them on my Armoured alone.

Playing even 1-2 games a day, it's likely you'll cap out a single company and have plenty of time to play around with it during a single war.

This is taking into account this levelling system, try to bare in mind it's due for an overhaul when the warmap hits, making it even friendlier to the casual players.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 07:19:14 pm »

Who the fuck takes more than 30 games to lvl to level 9?

I usualy hit level 9 around maybe my 22nd game.

If you take 50 days to get to lvl 9...... thats just mudafaking impossible.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, 07:22:22 pm »

I said 30-50. This accounts for getting ALL your PP's, and the fact that your a casual gamer, you're gonna be losing a few of those games on the way up.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2011, 11:56:58 pm »

Wipe. They are always annoying since your beloved coys you've spent time with huggling and snuggling with it will be gone. However their love doesn't disappear anywhere, no love is energy that will form a new love.

Plus wipes causes all people to come back at EIRR to fight the new fights. The wipes can be boners and killers. Either how wipes are good and once the Warmap comes out, we can expect 60+ players in launcher for the first weeks.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 12:15:25 am »

Well the old doctrines were taken out to benefit the casual gamer (fail idea) so why not just go the full monty and benefit the casual gamer more.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 12:16:46 am »

lol

Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 03:39:07 pm »

Am I the only person who thought regular wipes were a good idea?
At the moment, if you play regularly enough, you see a players' name in the launcher and immediately know what company they are using based off previous games. People have 200+ games on the same account, so things start to get predictable. At the start of wipes, every player starts using different factions and the game turns out being completely unpredictable, and like brn said, seeing the big guns straight up is just awesome!

i enjoy wipes.
But only b/c i get tired of facing a army full of KT vet 3 and KCH vet 3 and for some reason never die and dont stop.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc