Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 06:54:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PE] SE Panzer IV IST  (Read 34074 times)
Sachaztan Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 05:41:15 pm »

What was that? Did someone say something? Nah, must've been the wind or something.

Demon posession is real and it's not funny, it's the creepiest thing you will ever experience.

I would also like to add I watch fox news everyday all day and will continue to watch it while being proud of that fact. I'm sure you enjoy your communist news network just as much.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 07:20:41 pm »

No the IST becomes a rape machine beyond comparison.

Bring in the Pershing HE.. err dude.. you can have like 6 ISTS that all peform better then the pershing in its infantry abilities.

Ive always said the Inc bomb should cost munitions. Other then that, i reckon th Mobile platform is a waste of a doctrine unlock, only noobs lock down. Other then that the extra range is nice buuutt.. trying to balance a medicore unit that becomes sooooooooooo awesome with buffs is hard. You cant increase the price of it because its perfect for what it does without buffs. Although, maybe its balanced, just get rid of all the range buffs.

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 07:55:30 pm »

With Mobile plat make its unlock time be like 2.5 seconds or something.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 04:11:31 am »

The +5 range from t3  can be removed if it is such a problem,  but other t3 moving lockdown is fine.

+10 incendiary range can stay, because to have it you need other t3 that gives inc shells, so at this point you cannot take moving lockdown as you would need 3 t3.

BigDick
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 04:39:38 am »

i never heard that the incendiary shell have been an issue
and actually doctrine specializations are not supposed to cost munitions
there for are doctrine unlocks that makes units/abilities etc. available that have a price attached

you even can escape often with an ATG when that IST fires an incendiary shell

other than the moving lockdown that makes an already fast firing AI tank fire 3 times as fast

thats balanced without the ability to move because you can run away (more a defensive ability) but not when its able to chase down every infantry or circle ATGs etc.

you can charge it in a normal defensive position without any micro except lockdown when your in range....and even when it dies in 1 minute or something it payed back its costs pretty much always
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 04:58:28 am »

If ist kill you it means you don't have enough AT.   Any tank or vehicle can rush an atg 1v1 and kill it.
BigDick
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 05:17:17 am »

the problem is that you can kill 2 ATGs and supporting infantry with AT easy

its the killing speed that makes this op (because of lockdown 300% shooting frequency) ATGs supporting sticky squads or sapper with piat don't even get a shoot/sticky off until they are dead its like 1 second squad dead
don't forget that its a 10 pop tank (thats usually ok but not when dealing 3 times the dps)

same when the IST catch some inf somewhere....a normal tank would need some time to do serious damage until that ATGs are turned or tank is in range etc...the IST kills in seconds multiple non tank based AT stuff giving it a free run to clean the lines
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 05:24:17 am by BigDick » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 05:23:51 am »

You guys do realise when in mobile lockdown, you move at like, half speed, if even that. Also, there is like a 5 second delay between clicking lockdown and the IST actually beginning to fire at full speed. The vet 3 range buff doesn't seem to work properly at the moment anyway.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 05:25:00 am »

It's definitely powerful, but it's fragile, and you have to revolve your entire company around them due to MU and FU costs. There are so many massive drawbacks of running IST's. I personally don't recall struggling against IST's, even with airborne or rangers. The only reason why you'd struggle is if you literally did not have a tank or decent AT on the field (1 atg + sherman is enough).

If ist kill you it means you don't have enough AT.   Any tank or vehicle can rush an atg 1v1 and kill it.
So true.
BigDick
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 05:25:31 am »

i dont know but when 2 ATGs and infantry with AT ability aren't enough to kill a 10 pop tank...
ATGs should be a hardcounter to tanks (thats the case with normal ISTs but not with ISTs shooting 3 times faster)

@mrschmidt

60% speed ant its 3s until it starts firing 3 times faster

and that doesnt matter you drive until your in range lockdown and charge it in...until ATGs can turn etc. they and supporting stuff are dead
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 05:44:31 am by BigDick » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2011, 05:42:07 am »

By the time the IST is in range to start lockdown you should have gotten at least two shots off, and you will have time to turn considering the 5 second delay. And if you only have one form of AT on the field, well, that's your fault.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2011, 10:51:46 am »

you guys do realize that BD is talking about a unit that he's played with and he says he feels it's too overpowered, not played against right?

I think in order to balanced mobile lock down, take away the range buffs at vet 3 and long range destruction, and have the lockdown take sometime to enter because as is, it's immediate thus you can lock down, get the rof bonus and if it goes out of range, come out of it, chase, then when in range of the infantry engage lockdown.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2011, 10:55:08 am »

Why is nobody listening when I say there is a DELAY between entering lockdown and it actually taking effect?
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2011, 11:02:33 am »

and have the lockdown take sometime to enter because as is, it's immediate thus you can lock down

It's not immediate,  first shot in lockdown fires normal and after that it takes normal time to reload which is 5-6 seconds and after that fast firing kicks in.
BigDick
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 11:09:09 am »

reload is 4.5-5.5 sec so avg reload is 5 sec. and the delay until increased reload kicks in is 3s not 5 or something

and no it don't reset the reload if you put it onto lockdown
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 11:13:23 am »

BD yes it really does, I've been using these IST's for so long, I think I would know about the reload timer on it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2011, 11:16:59 am »

what does it matter? There needs to be a delay that it doesnt fire at all when it enters into lockdown 2-3 seconds is all I ask so that if you see one entering it that you know has mobile platforms, you can make a decision, as of now once it locks down it just starts firing right away
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2011, 11:17:27 am »

it just starts firing right away

No it does not
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2011, 11:18:34 am »

what does it matter? There needs to be a delay that it doesnt fire at all when it enters into lockdown 2-3 seconds is all I ask so that if you see one entering it that you know has mobile platforms, you can make a decision, as of now once it locks down it just starts firing right away

TYM, SERIOUSLY, THERE IS A DELAY!

Tell you what, go onto one of my previous replays right, watch it, watch the IST, and see for yourself.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2011, 11:24:40 am »

TYM, SERIOUSLY, THERE IS A DELAY!

Tell you what, go onto one of my previous replays right, watch it, watch the IST, and see for yourself.

Tell him to use it instead

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc