Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 11, 2024, 08:27:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WM Unit Leaderboard  (Read 20577 times)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2011, 03:39:54 pm »

Allies need their OP gimmicks like 1 shot avre

AVRE's are easy enough to deal with

And if they do get off a shot, you got plenty of time to scatter.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2011, 04:11:19 pm »

Stickies and ATGs make up the backbone of my Armor companies AT. Every vet 2/3 squad I have has stickies so I can make use of the epic range. Those stickies are backed up by a BAR squad and usually at least one ATG (I trust my allies to keep some on as well). Infantry get suppressed, aggressive tanks get punished. My armor company rarely has trouble with heavies. When it does get beat by Tigers/panthers/KTs/Jagds, it's because those units were used extremely well.  

My 2 cents on RRs: IF they get the range buff Tym seems to think they deserve, then their scatter angle needs to go up to be on par with the shrecks. Right now it's so low that you could set the RR's accuracy to zero and it would still hit 75% of the time.

Stickies are bad...
RR's need a buff...

What crazy, crazy thought will he blurt out next?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:15:00 pm by Malgoroth » Logged
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2011, 07:31:49 pm »

I was referring to bombing run axis heavies while they're repairing at spawns, but a debate over the effectiveness of RR's works too Tongue.

RR's only get slaughtered against Tigers if you're one of those noobs who groups up and micro's two squads together, so the men stand extra close to eachother making Tiger's splash rape. Ideally you don't want to be attacking front on with any kind of handheld, either.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2011, 11:58:53 pm »

What crazy, crazy thought will he blurt out next?

button needs a buff, needs to be instant.
shermans suck, i can't kill tanks with it
my vet 3 rifles keep losing to single vet 0 grens, buff pl0x
my atgs keep losing their ap rounds fix pl0x
17 pounders are trash
rangers die too easily
fire up needs exhaustion taken away
my jumbos can't kill tanks
mine sweepers are OP, they keep finding my mines.

hmm...can't think of anything else, does that do enough for you?

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2011, 12:04:48 am »

button needs a buff, needs to be instant.
shermans suck, i can't kill tanks with it
my vet 3 rifles keep losing to single vet 0 grens, buff pl0x
my atgs keep losing their ap rounds fix pl0x
17 pounders are trash
rangers die too easily
fire up needs exhaustion taken away
my jumbos can't kill tanks
mine sweepers are OP, they keep finding my mines.

hmm...can't think of anything else, does that do enough for you?

How OP are allies man

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2011, 12:57:47 am »

How OP are allies man

very, I keep losing I guess I need to play as Axis because they're more challenging even though I have better win/loss records on my blitz and defensive.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:03:21 am by Tymathee » Logged
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2011, 12:59:02 am »

i have a better win/loss with my brits and US than any of my axis accounts.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2011, 01:03:46 am »

then they must be OP because panzerman sucks as axis
Malgoroth Offline
Donator

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2011, 01:52:03 am »

The sad part is I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

My best win/loss ratio is with my armor company. I like fast moving heavy tanks and I feel I do best with a company centered around those kinds of units. Perhaps those axis doctrines are just more fitting to your playstyle.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2011, 02:45:59 am »

i dunno, i tend to not take playing as axis so seriously and have more fun, maybe that's it? tbh, my favorite company is my tank reapers company and airborne and commandoes, i have a thing for anti tank infantry dunno why.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2011, 02:49:43 am »

My best win/loss after the shit doctrines were put in was my Armor company aswell.
BigDick
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2011, 03:39:27 am »

very, I keep losing I guess I need to play as Axis because they're more challenging even though I have better win/loss records on my blitz and defensive.

w00t? I remember that game i played against your blitz (even posted the replay here) where you got completely trashed and ragequit <10min

i actually can't believe that you got positive w/l playing as axis except playing 25pop callin dudes only

especially not with your fail company (P4 instead of tigers)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2011, 05:00:22 am »

15-7 as blitz. i have 2 tigers just dont have 'em vetted, they tend to die a lot.  '
6-1 as defensive. my pe is uber fail
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2011, 05:03:10 am »

then they must be OP because panzerman sucks as axis

rofl no allies is just easy mode... still have good win to loss ration on my axis apart from PE which is about 50/50...

edit: axis have only one easy mode and thats Blitz tigers for some reason...
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2011, 05:37:52 am »

STATS MEAN SHIT!!!!!
Come on ppl, you are raging/arguing you should not debate with leader board and now you are bringing up w/l ratio?Huh?

Thats so dumb!!! Imho anyway.

every single one of my more used coys has at leaste a 2:1 average, and most losses i endure is cause i fight with new players or tbh IM NOT JUST GOOD ENOUGH!!

OMG, cant it be so that sometimes we lack the skill??!! Nooo... *shame, i need a shower, get it off..."

Look to be frank, units and how they are used are all up to circumstance and play stile, and again imo ofc, certain abilities that effect the 50/50 chance to increase to 70/30 ratio of u using it to its maximum effect is a indication that the ability is to powerful.

Now, again if we look at the stats argument, what does it tell us? Well at the most it tells us that out of say 10 game and you have won all 10, you can say... jack shit. since all you know is he won those games. Not how he won it, not why or when. There are so many factors that its just no use.

now we can create a hypothesis out of this ofc, if a player has 100-200 games, and won 10, and lost 90, then the PROBABILITY that its due to the player rather than the units will increase or at least become more valid, but it does not change the fact that its just a Probability.

Its the same with the leader board discussion, all u see is units that have been in a battle and gained exp, you cannot tell what kind, or when, where or against who/whom, al you can do is create a hypothesis and PRESUME that either the player is Very skilled or the unit is just to good.

Now its hard to admit that you are not as good as other players, but trust me, it gets easier to get better if you admit to yourself that you are not as good, and see what it is you can do better, do the boring games, the ones you know you are loosing often, and look, i mean REALLY look at whats happening and why, BEFORE you become al angry and upset.

To me the reason i Play EiR is not Because i get to Win or loose, its because i get to play Vs and with people i know, or talk to, the community.

Please for heavens sake, try and dig deep down in you over grown egos and find some love? ^^

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2011, 07:07:47 am »

STATS MEAN SHIT!!!!!
Come on ppl, you are raging/arguing you should not debate with leader board and now you are bringing up w/l ratio?Huh?

Thats so dumb!!! Imho anyway.

every single one of my more used coys has at leaste a 2:1 average, and most losses i endure is cause i fight with new players or tbh IM NOT JUST GOOD ENOUGH!!

OMG, cant it be so that sometimes we lack the skill??!! Nooo... *shame, i need a shower, get it off..."

Look to be frank, units and how they are used are all up to circumstance and play stile, and again imo ofc, certain abilities that effect the 50/50 chance to increase to 70/30 ratio of u using it to its maximum effect is a indication that the ability is to powerful.

Now, again if we look at the stats argument, what does it tell us? Well at the most it tells us that out of say 10 game and you have won all 10, you can say... jack shit. since all you know is he won those games. Not how he won it, not why or when. There are so many factors that its just no use.

now we can create a hypothesis out of this ofc, if a player has 100-200 games, and won 10, and lost 90, then the PROBABILITY that its due to the player rather than the units will increase or at least become more valid, but it does not change the fact that its just a Probability.

Its the same with the leader board discussion, all u see is units that have been in a battle and gained exp, you cannot tell what kind, or when, where or against who/whom, al you can do is create a hypothesis and PRESUME that either the player is Very skilled or the unit is just to good.

Now its hard to admit that you are not as good as other players, but trust me, it gets easier to get better if you admit to yourself that you are not as good, and see what it is you can do better, do the boring games, the ones you know you are loosing often, and look, i mean REALLY look at whats happening and why, BEFORE you become al angry and upset.

To me the reason i Play EiR is not Because i get to Win or loose, its because i get to play Vs and with people i know, or talk to, the community.

Please for heavens sake, try and dig deep down in you over grown egos and find some love? ^^

PLUS ONEEEEE.

And Panzerman, this picture is the reason why your British W/L is so good  Grin

Regardless, i'll carry you anywhereeeeee
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2011, 07:14:07 am »

Tbf, we could all learn a thing or two from what Heartmann has said.

Myself included.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2011, 07:20:22 am »

bahaha lol that is true eh i still find it alot easier playing brits lol, but where have u been of late your never in game or vent?

and yeah heartmann is right.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2011, 07:24:47 am »

I'm single for the first time in two years, where do you think I've been?  Tongue
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2011, 07:27:07 am »

the nearest brothel? bahaha

edit so your just lurking the forums atm lol
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:35:39 am by panzerman » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc