Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 26, 2024, 09:08:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 06:21:28 pm]

[July 18, 2024, 05:15:48 am]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Repairing outside of spawn ?  (Read 39544 times)
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« on: April 26, 2011, 06:10:08 am »

People repair on spawn and when you flank them they can leave battle.

This involves no risk and you can just drink a coffe and watch how others attack you and when you are low on hp just escape. IMO vehicles and tanks should not be able to ninja repair and then vanish. You can repair a vetted tank to full hp without the risk of loosing it - this is bad for gameplay imo because promotes sloppy playing. 'I'll just go and repair and if somone attacks me i'l pull it of off field'.

Changing to repairing outside the spawn would create a certain risk factor, you'd never be able to be sure if you get attacked or not , so you would have to cover your tank or ask for teammates help. No more shenaningans and vanishing vetted tanks.

So what i'm proposing is making it unnable to repair on spawn where your troops enter and move out of the battle, what do you think ?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:23:01 am by nugnugx » Logged

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 06:24:30 am »

Repairing at spawn has always been a part of EIR, if you force him off the field he will still lose the unit for the reminder of the game and it takes a long time to drive back to the spawn so most of the time it's still better to just hide it and repair closer to the front lines.

If it was removed then people would just focus all of their units (stormtroopers and tetrarch for example) to kill repairing units and scout call-ins would become deadly, it would be too difficult to keep  veterancy on heavy armor and artillery. To keep vet in the current EIR you still have to perform well on the battlefield but removing it would create something that is 1000 times worse than vet hunting.

The reason that there are so many vet 3 Tigers and no Pershings is because there are no AB players and the doctrine is not finished.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 06:27:46 am »

yea,ok,do that,but then make tank crew to be able to escape,just like inf. if he repairs at spawn,that means that he has 12-18 less pop on field + time it takes to get to spawn and get from spawn,use it to your advantage.
brn4meplz Offline
Misinformation Officer

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 06:28:23 am »

People also have to drive back to the spawn which can be quite tedious on some maps, and often the player must make a decision(especially in regards to vet 0 tanks)

Personally I only repair vet at the spawn and only if I can get there in reasonable time. Often times I'll simply roll a damaged engine a screen or so behind the lines becuase that thing takes forever to move

He thinks Tactics is a breath mint

Wow I think that was the nicest thing brn ever posted!  Tongue

the pussy of a prostitute is not tight enough for destroy a condom Wink
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 06:30:06 am »

repairing is also quite the downer in some games i mean its operating without 16 pop in your army that you cannot use for a good 5 minutes. If the enemy notices that "hey his tiger is gone...." they can push you all the way back in 5 minutes and now you only have enough pop for the tiger and cannt call out anymore.

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 06:31:00 am »

Repairing at spawn has always been a part of EIR,

No it has been not, before current repair system , people would build repair bunkers more up the battleline and tanks were retreated there and fixed.

This was giving more options because both sides could drop airborne or falshims behind the lines to attack and destroy the bunker,  destroying the ability to fix , so the only option was to retreat the damaged tank.

This was much better with 'risk factor' as repairing on spawn is just bad for gameplay.

it takes a long time to drive back to the spawn so most of the time it's still better to just hide it and repair closer to the front lines.

It's a short ammount of time compared to getting full hp back and then coming to the battle line to kill more.

But the point is in that, that  even if you attack him on spawn, he will just retreat.

If it was removed then people would just focus all of their units (stormtroopers and tetrarch for example) to kill repairing units and scout call-ins would become deadly, it would be too difficult to keep  veterancy on heavy armor and artillery.

No it would be not too hard,  this was already before when rep bunkers were in as i told before, and people still had vetted tanks.  

As i said , introducing the current repair system promoted sloppy playing, hence players like you say it will be too hard.  

But i do NOT want to change the repairing system, i just don't want to have tanks repairing on spawn.

The reason that there are so many vet 3 Tigers and no Pershings is because there are no AB players and the doctrine is not finished.

This is no reason, this would apply to both sides,  so don't bring in axis side to this.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 06:36:35 am »

People also have to drive back to the spawn which can be quite tedious on some maps, and often the player must make a decision

Driving back and repairing is nothing compared to getting a full hp tank back again or knowing for 100% that you will be able to retreat it if something goes wrong.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 06:40:25 am »

This was giving more options because both sides could drop airborne or falshims behind the lines to attack and destroy the bunker,  destroying the ability to fix , so the only option was to retreat the damaged tank.

Then you just get your Engi/Pio spam that you have built up and send them on the field to carry on with the repair which was the reason they took the Engi's/Pios can repair and made it repair kits Smiley

I don't see any problem with it really. Its just part of the game. If anything be glad that people do this, Makes it easier to find them and start trying to kill them and push it off the map Tongue

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 06:41:38 am »

But the point is in that, that  even if you attack him on spawn, he will just retreat.

so,where is the problem then? he will retreat his precious vet,and you will win game,to me winning game is more important than killing that vetted tank  Roll Eyes
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 06:47:34 am »

Getting to the enemy spawn is both difficult and inefficient because you know when he brings the tank off, he's going to bring something on to kill your hunting units. I personally like this idea and I also think we need to raise the vet requirements back to what they used to be, 500xp for a Tiger is nothing.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 06:54:47 am »

His mad because he can't vet hunt tanks in spawn. Rofl lol

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 06:58:58 am »

Probably, but the suggestion is still good, it'll force people to start using their tanks better.
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 07:16:45 am »

Oooh the times when a 499 xp Tiger was still Vet 2

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 07:36:04 am »

Nah, its a poor idea. Its a rage at the fact that you douldn't finish the job when you were wailing on the tank. Repairing at spawn is fine. Repair bunkers are terrible, leave them dead in the past

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 07:40:52 am »

Nah, its a poor idea. Its a rage at the fact that you douldn't finish the job when you were wailing on the tank

What's so different to repairing 5 meters away from spawn ?

So you actualy have to lookout for your vet ?  and not leave it away  , come back 2 min later and go for another joyride?  

You are one of the sloppy players , that does not want to pay attention to his units but wants to have easy mode.

People should be penalised for not paying attention.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:42:47 am by nugnugx » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 07:46:38 am »

People should be penalised for not paying attention.

They already are its called Off Maps, go look at those who rage about them
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:51:03 am by Spartan_Marine88 » Logged
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2011, 07:47:36 am »

Offmaps is different matter than repairing. No need to have everything simple because few whine.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:53:13 am by nugnugx » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2011, 07:52:23 am »

previous post has been simplified.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2011, 07:54:40 am »

Still, you haven't answered my question.

Why is it a bad idea repairing 5 meters away from spawn  instead of repairing directly on spawn ?
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 07:56:50 am »

Maybe cause peeps don't want to loose there vet. Ain't that why alot of people play this mod?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc