Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 07:02:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Repairing outside of spawn ?  (Read 40577 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2011, 10:31:19 am »

You have yet to explain why a "get out of jail free" button is good for EIR while tanks retreating while repairing at spawn is not.

If the retention of vet becomes harder for tanks, it should be harder for infantry. You should have to think, "hmm, do I want to rush that HMG to throw a nade and risk losing my whole squad, or use a support tool".

It can only make people think more on their tactics and company builds. Also, since one of your complaints was "ninja repairing tanks that can vanish", supermen retreating infantry that move faster than an armored car should probably go too.

Also, cloaking units of all kinds outside of cover is silly.

It's the same here too, even if your squad does survive it will not have killed many units, unless you used it well, many units still die when they are retreating and changing this so that you have to do it manually is not only a big waste of time (boring gameplay) it would also encourage players to place armored cars behind enemy lines to kill retreating units etc. Retreating means losing (territory, units and time) and if you don't kill anything then you will not gain any vet neither, it's not a one click win button.

So....similar to going behind enemy lines with stormies or M10's to kill retreating tanks? And tanks have to retreat manually, so why is it bad for infantry again? All you have to do is click the Off Field icon, then click your spawn. They will get there the best they can.

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2011, 10:35:38 am »

You have yet to explain why a "get out of jail free" button is good for EIR while tanks retreating while repairing at spawn is not.

Because it's a basic coh mechanic , and making inf retreat by yourself would totaly brake the game as it was not designed for retreating infantry on your own. 

Making inf retreat by yourself would require totaly rebalancing suppressing mechanic. So that is how hmgs , mortar works and all weapons to keep everything balanced.

If the retention of vet becomes harder for tanks, it should be harder for infantry
It will not become harder,  it always has been easier to vet up tanks if you don't rush them on purpose. Even during old repair system when repairing was alot harder you'd see vet 3 kts and tiger no problem that require double the xp of now.

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2011, 10:38:35 am »

What i'm proposing AmPm is a small gameplay balance tweak,  what you proposed with inf is practicaly a game changer.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2011, 10:41:28 am »

Old repair system was soooo much easier.

Whats that! Why yes I do have 8 repair bunkers on my team currently deployed, why yes it does take 30 seconds to repair my Tiger to full health. Weeeeee!!!

But, I am being serious Nug. None of the mechanics we use for repair or retreat are the same as the vCoH ones. And vCoH has nothing to do with EIR.

Infantry retreat needs more risk factor. People just rush infantry at things to kill and get some XP, then retreat when they get low on health.

"It will not become harder,  it always has been easier to vet up tanks if you don't rush them on purpose. Even during old repair system when repairing was alot harder you'd see vet 3 kts and tiger no problem that require double the xp of now." -Nug

It has always been easier to vet infantry if you don't rush them on purpose too, perhaps that should be encouraged as well. Also, Infantry healing should ALL be based on uses, just like repairing.

What I am seeing here, is someone getting rolled by some armor that he wasn't able to kill later because it retreated as it was repairing at the spawn.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2011, 10:42:59 am »

What i'm proposing AmPm is a small gameplay balance tweak,  what you proposed with inf is practicaly a game changer.

So is your proposal, to do it you need to remove all moving repairs, and possibly shooting while repairing. It makes the infantry/support combo much stronger as far as attrition goes.

I think all units should share the risk of dying on the field, not just tanks/vehicles.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 10:45:29 am »

2000 HP  , KT armor ,          HEAVY TANK ?

Pershing is also HEAVY TANK,yet quite fast...
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2011, 10:47:21 am »

Old repair system was soooo much easier.

Whats that! Why yes I do have 8 repair bunkers on my team currently deployed, why yes it does take 30 seconds to repair my Tiger to full health. Weeeeee!!!

And every bunker taking pop , lets talk realisticaly here,  i never seen more than 1 bunker from a player and i think they were also doctrine specific.

But, I am being serious Nug. None of the mechanics we use for repair or retreat are the same as the vCoH ones. And vCoH has nothing to do with EIR.

It has to do alot because eir is using the coh engine which was done by relic. If EIR will be using its own engine that EIRRMOD can do with it whatever he wants,  then it will be a different story.

Infantry retreat needs more risk factor. People just rush infantry at things to kill and get some XP, then retreat when they get low on health.

It has always been easier to vet infantry if you don't rush them on purpose too, perhaps that should be encouraged as well. Also, Infantry healing should ALL be based on uses, just like repairing

Everyone would be too afraid to move 5 meters without the retreat button because infantry would be dying like crazy, it would brake the game.

What I am seeing here, is someone getting rolled by some armor that he wasn't able to kill later because it retreated as it was repairing at the spawn.

So? I would still get 'rolled by some armor that was repairing 5 meters away from spawn'

You made the same statement which made Tym , which is pointless to the main idea of the thread - tanks cannot repair on spawn.
It's just a thing i noticed after many games.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2011, 10:49:39 am »

So is your proposal, to do it you need to remove all moving repairs, and possibly shooting while repairing. It makes the infantry/support combo much stronger as far as attrition goes.

You don't need to remove moving repairs ?  They are doctrine buff and would work the same way as it does now , i don't even understand why you bring them up.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2011, 10:54:23 am »

Everyone would be too afraid to move 5 meters without the retreat button because infantry would be dying like crazy, it would brake the game.

I always thought infantry did die like crazy in wars  Roll Eyes
you couldn't have any more vet 3 ab,ranger,mandos blobs running around freely...it's easier to have vetted allies inf,and easier to have vetted axis armor.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2011, 11:07:52 am »

I always thought infantry did die like crazy in wars  Roll Eyes
you couldn't have any more vet 3 ab,ranger,mandos blobs running around freely...it's easier to have vetted allies inf,and easier to have vetted axis armor.

in coh it would be frustrating and no one would want to play
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2011, 11:12:49 am »

Not really, it'd be pretty awesome.  I can get on board with the infantry thing.  Also, how you never saw more than 1 rep bunker per player is beyond me, I frequently saw like 6-8 in a game...and if you can't realize how EVERY SINGLE ARMOR AND BLITZ PLAYER would prioritize getting moving repairs as a matter of course after your suggestion, you're a tard.  You'd end up with the same exact problem you have now, only with Tigers and Pershings and Panthers only instead of the KTs you're apparently whining about now.  If you want to troll other people's units, use mines or other things to dmg engines nub.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2011, 11:16:27 am »

I'm pretty sure you were limited to one repair bunker per player

nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2011, 11:17:06 am »

.and if you can't realize how EVERY SINGLE ARMOR AND BLITZ PLAYER would prioritize getting moving repairs as a matter of course after your suggestion, you're a tard.  You'd end up with the same exact problem you have now, only with Tigers and Pershings and Panthers only instead of the KTs you're apparently whining about now.  If you want to troll other people's units, use mines or other things to dmg engines nub.

What are you smoking ?  Only moving repairs are in  armor doctrine,  blitz does not have moving repairs.

And explain,  how 'moving repairs' in armor doctrine would be different and make it OP after the change - when tanks cannot repair on spawn  to what is now - that tanks can repair on spawn ?
( please , do amuse me )
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:18:41 am by nugnugx » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2011, 11:19:22 am »

Stupid, terrible, ridiculous, awful, crappy, pointless idea.

I don't even have to argue why. It just is. I'm sorry but it just is.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2011, 11:20:14 am »

I don't even have to argue why.

Because you don't know why , no arguments - post invalid.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2011, 11:21:26 am »

Nug, your entire argument is a load of crap.

"It is unfair that he can retreat a unit he wants to live which will no longer affect the game in any way" is essentially what you are saying. I don't even
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2011, 11:23:31 am »

Nug, your entire argument is a load of crap.

"It is unfair that he can retreat a unit he wants to live which will no longer affect the game in any way" is essentially what you are saying. I don't even

Actualy i stated my argument CLEARLY in first post of this thread,  this just proves you didn't even read my first post.

Here i will quote myself for you

ou can repair a vetted tank to full hp without the risk of loosing it - this is bad for gameplay imo because promotes sloppy playing. 'I'll just go and repair and if somone attacks me i'l pull it of off field'.

Don't you even SLIGHTLY think it is different to what you have written ?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2011, 11:27:45 am »

I fail to see any difference tbh. It's no different to now, you still have to make sure your tank isn't being rushed by some gay m10 suicide rush. If anything, it's easier to keep it alive, since it'll be next to the rest of your units.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2011, 11:28:05 am »

ampm's idea could work, as an alternative gamemode, it would interesting to see the results, wouldn't be that hard to do, just block out or remove the ability to retreat. Add in the vCoH repair system and medics and you have something.

But I'm guessing that would just lead to players using very support heavy companies and turning EIR into camper-strike.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2011, 11:35:17 am »

ampm's idea could work, as an alternative gamemode, it would interesting to see the results, wouldn't be that hard to do, just block out or remove the ability to retreat. Add in the vCoH repair system and medics and you have something.

I can tell you now how it would be ,   as axis vs inf you would have to retreat with 2 guys  and vs shermans with 3 guys , but sherman would chase you and kill you.

Any tank with decent AI capability would kill every inf squad because you will not be able to run away.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc