Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 07, 2024, 07:17:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Repairing outside of spawn ?  (Read 40594 times)
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2011, 11:37:31 am »

What's funny, is I can make your statement true for tanks currently too!

I can tell you now how it would be ,   as axis vs inf you would have to retreat with 2 guys  and vs shermans with 3 guys , but sherman would chase you and kill you.

Same with allied inf just vs tiger with 4 guys.

I can tell you now how it would be ,   as axis vs inf you would have to retreat with 25% health  and vs shermans with 50% guys , but sherman would chase you and kill you.

Same with Sherman just vs tiger with 60% health.

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2011, 11:38:22 am »

PS: You haven't given a reason why Infantry should have an easy mode retreat button to retain vet.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2011, 11:39:21 am »

PS: You haven't given a reason why Infantry should have an easy mode retreat button to retain vet.
i did , read a few posts earlier

It's not easy mode ,    its just practical during intense coh fighting to retreat inf and support weapons by button that speeds them up so they dont die.

and

Because it's a basic coh mechanic , and making inf retreat by yourself would totaly brake the game as it was not designed for retreating infantry on your own.

Making inf retreat by yourself would require totaly rebalancing suppressing mechanic. So that is how hmgs , mortar works and all weapons to keep everything balanced.

btw , there is no logic in what you have done , comparing tank vs tanks vs inf vs tanks
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:41:25 am by nugnugx » Logged

AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2011, 11:41:36 am »

The same holds true for Tanks vs Infantry, chase the tank down and don't let it repair.

How would it break the game? You mean the game would be slower than you would like, not that it would be broken.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2011, 11:44:02 am »

The same holds true for Tanks vs Infantry, chase the tank down and don't let it repair.

Tanks and vehicles are faster than infantry,  you cannot chase down tanks with inf , this is why inf needs escape button also to outrun so people don't grief with tanks and this is why your argument from above lacks logic.

How would it break the game? You mean the game would be slower than you would like, not that it would be broken.

Play a game with someone and don't retreat inf by the button , do it by yourself, you will see.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2011, 11:44:22 am »

I can tell you now how it would be ,   as axis vs inf you would have to retreat with 2 guys  and vs shermans with 3 guys , but sherman would chase you and kill you.

Any tank with decent AI capability would kill every inf squad because you will not be able to run away.

So you're okay with tanks being unretreatable, but not infantry? I'm guessing you enjoy spamming infantry then. This is so hypocritical, this whole thread fails.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:54:06 am by Mister Schmidt » Logged

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2011, 11:47:08 am »

Tanks and vehicles are faster than infantry,  you cannot chase down tanks with inf , this is why inf needs escape button also to outrun so people don't grief with tanks and this is why your argument from above lacks logic.

Play a game with someone and don't retreat inf by the button , do it by yourself, you will see.

I would let them die, while suppressed/pinned they are absorbing fire so other units can flank. Oh well, to bad for Vet.

Maybe you should be less concerned with your infantry vet Nug.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2011, 11:47:22 am »

hmm,or better,lets leave retreat button on inf,but when you hit it you loose xx xp from than unit,cowardice should not be awarded,right?!
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2011, 11:47:39 am »

This involves no risk and you can just drink a coffe and watch how others attack you and when you are low on hp just escape. IMO vehicles and tanks should not be able to ninja repair and then vanish. You can repair a vetted tank to full hp without the risk of loosing it - this is bad for gameplay imo because promotes sloppy playing. 'I'll just go and repair and if somone attacks me i'l pull it of off field'.

You do realise pulling it off the field or getting it killed is (almost) EXACTLY the same gain for your opponents that game right? They won't have to face that tank again in combat during that game, whether it does or got pulled off is really irrelevant. (Only difference is that a kill would have given you some xp)  

So really, it's mission accomplished for them whether they push your tank off-map or kill it.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2011, 11:49:40 am »

hmm,or better,lets leave retreat button on inf,but when you hit it you loose xx xp from than unit,cowardice should not be awarded,right?!

Probably would work, but you need to remove the extra run speed too.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2011, 11:50:29 am »

Could just put a delay on off-map retreat so it's not an 'instant' magic trick.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2011, 11:50:45 am »

You do realise pulling it off the field or getting it killed is (almost) EXACTLY the same gain for your opponents that game right? They won't have to face that tank again in combat during that game, whether it does or got pulled off is really irrelevant. (Only difference is that a kill would have given you some xp)  

So really, it's mission accomplished for them whether they push your tank off-map or kill it.

Yep it's (almost Wink ) the same  but  it makes it too easy. It's a mental thing. You know you have a tank on spawn.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2011, 11:51:06 am »

You know what Nug, I agree with your idea, totally. But only if you endorse AmPm's as part of it. Otherwise it's not fair right? Tanks shouldn't be able to ninja disappear, so infantry shouldn't be allowed to sprint away under a hail of gunfire taking less damage, surely?

It's only fair right? I mean, you even used "realism" (epic lol that you did this) in your argument, so, you must agree with this, no?
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2011, 11:51:16 am »

thing is,he wants to kill vet tanks,since as you said,if tank retreats,same shit,it poses no threat to you anymore,but it becomes a problem when you want to vet hunt axis armor  Roll Eyes
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2011, 11:51:34 am »

Yep it's (almost Wink ) the same  but  it makes it too easy. It's a mental thing. You know you have a tank on spawn.

Couldn't the same be said about retreat and infantry?
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2011, 11:53:11 am »

His entire argument is that he's upset he cannot vet hunt tanks, yet is unwilling to admit infantry should also not be allowed to retreat so easily, and so blatantly is scared about losing his vet inf. I mean really, it's pitiful.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2011, 11:53:20 am »

hmm,lets make inf take extra dmg when retreating,as far as I know,you will probably be hit alot easier when you stand up,and run back,than hiding behind a wall or laying,right?!
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2011, 11:53:44 am »

Couldn't the same be said about retreat and infantry?

no because infantry do not teleport to spawn when you click the button , they have to run back
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2011, 11:54:33 am »

Could simply reduce (or remove) the modifiers retreating infantry get. But that's going to make vet chasing a lot more potent and maintaining vet on infantry significantly harder.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2011, 11:55:11 am »

hmm,lets make inf take extra dmg when retreating,as far as I know,you will probably be hit alot easier when you stand up,and run back,than hiding behind a wall or laying,right?!

Exactly. He's just pissed some tanks he failed to kill with his inf blob came back and killed him.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc