Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 04:20:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: .7.9.0 Patch released  (Read 53976 times)
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2011, 08:52:46 am »

Yeah, that's probably a given tbh. Wouldn't make sense if he couldn't xD
Just curious to see if there was anything else. If not, Going to have to put a few more Kettens in my build so when my Berge rolls out, He's ready to kick ass and repair tanks.

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
BigDick
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2011, 09:13:12 am »

1) If you were so aware of pervitin pills being broken, why didn't you inform anyone previously?

itwas already known that the accuracy is 1.45

2) It is not a 57.3% reduction in potency

it is a 57,3% reduction of the buff itsself

formula:

(old buffed dps - unbuffed dps)/(new buffed dps - unbuffed dps) = 157,3%

=> old buff was 57,3% more potent
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2011, 09:18:05 am »

Except it wasn't. There is not a single post before this thread relating to the ability being 1.45 acc.

You see, what you're calculating is absolutely irrelevant.
By the logic of your calculation a change in a buff from being 1.03dmg to being 1.01 dmg would be a massive 66% decrease.
When, in reality, it's only really a decrease in the DPS increment of less than 2% (aka - being absolutely irrelevant).

BigDick
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2011, 09:23:02 am »

Except it wasn't. There is not a single post before this thread relating to the ability being 1.45 acc.

look harder there was....

You see, what you're calculating is absolutely irrelevant.
By the logic of your calculation a change in a buff from being 1.03dmg to being 1.01 dmg would be a massive 66% decrease.
When, in reality, it's only really a decrease in the DPS increment of less than 2% (aka - being absolutely irrelevant).

66% decrease of an ability is indeed a huge nerf....and if its in real just 2% dps difference this ability shouldn't be nerfed because its already a shit ability but buffed by 10 times  Roll Eyes
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2011, 09:27:31 am »

My point was that calculating the post 1. differentials(which is what you're finding) is absolutely fucking pointless because they're not indicative of anything. The 66% decrease could seem massive, when in reality it doesn't realistically have any effect on anything.

As such you calculate the differences between the DPS of the weapon with the old buff, and the DPS of the weapon with the new buff - as that is actually indicative of the relative decline(or rise) of the power of the ability.

In other words, you're becoming your former axis fanboy self again. Go smell some elderberries to get out of it.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2011, 09:56:34 am »

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Mgallun74 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2011, 10:04:27 am »

Seems dropped normal Zooks, when picked up by my TR guys, turns them into TR.. i had a rifle squad pick up somebodys 2 zooks from rangers, and proceeded to rape with 5 TR zooks.. lol, HT and Scout cars and mardars dieing in single volleys.

BigDick
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2011, 10:09:13 am »

My point was that calculating the post 1. differentials(which is what you're finding) is absolutely fucking pointless because they're not indicative of anything. The 66% decrease could seem massive, when in reality it doesn't realistically have any effect on anything.

As such you calculate the differences between the DPS of the weapon with the old buff, and the DPS of the weapon with the new buff - as that is actually indicative of the relative decline(or rise) of the power of the ability.

if a doctrine choice buff an ability of a unit by e.g. 50% and these doctrine choice buff is reduced to buff the ability only by 25% after a patch....then its potency is cut to half and its absolutely independent whats the basic stats are (same ability could buff 2 different units with different stats) a nerf to 50% potency of a doctrine buff is a nerf to 50% of that doctrine T4

In other words, you're becoming your former axis fanboy self again. Go smell some elderberries to get out of it.

and now you can go and smell my klabuster beeren stalin
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2011, 10:13:29 am »

Seems dropped normal Zooks, when picked up by my TR guys, turns them into TR.. i had a rifle squad pick up somebodys 2 zooks from rangers, and proceeded to rape with 5 TR zooks.. lol, HT and Scout cars and mardars dieing in single volleys.

what? the patch is not in.

and that is supposed to happen. the same thing happens when you pick up allied 57mms.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2011, 10:22:22 am »

and any other atgs, 6 pdrs, pak38, pak40 17 pdr you get the TR buff on it

so its very cool.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2011, 12:19:54 pm »

So TR get their buff when they recrew but you can't even make AP rounds bound to the gun? It makes no sense that an AT gun should be more than twice as effective ONLY if the crew manages to stay alive.

I don't think that there should be a system that discourages re-crewing. If we look at a practical example: I play in a very unfair match, It's me vs Examplenewguy23, because he will never get a shot at my atgs that means that my AP rounds will rape him even more. Now if it was a more intense match with artillery flying around everywhere then that would give allies a pretty big disadvantage because once the US AT guns are de-crewed they are next to useless compared to before and it's the same thing the other way around, if the axis have been pushed back it will be a lot harder for them to push back with armor because AP rounds will rape their tanks.

This makes no sense in a balance or gameplay perspective, if you want I can create a separate thread about this.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2011, 12:31:10 pm »

So... Are Stummels still going to be able to roll an actual hit on targets then?

That's one of the things that makes them incredibly powerful tbh. The GMC never racks up as many kills as it relies on the shell landing near the target and hoping for splash accuracy to do the damage.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2011, 01:26:48 pm »

So TR get their buff when they recrew but you can't even make AP rounds bound to the gun? It makes no sense that an AT gun should be more than twice as effective ONLY if the crew manages to stay alive.

I don't think that there should be a system that discourages re-crewing. If we look at a practical example: I play in a very unfair match, It's me vs Examplenewguy23, because he will never get a shot at my atgs that means that my AP rounds will rape him even more. Now if it was a more intense match with artillery flying around everywhere then that would give allies a pretty big disadvantage because once the US AT guns are de-crewed they are next to useless compared to before and it's the same thing the other way around, if the axis have been pushed back it will be a lot harder for them to push back with armor because AP rounds will rape their tanks.

This makes no sense in a balance or gameplay perspective, if you want I can create a separate thread about this.
ap rounds can be tied to the gun but that would make it so all sides get access to ap rounds, unlike paks which only axis can cloak.

TR is passive, ap rounds is clickable, two totally different things in RGDS
BigDick
« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2011, 01:29:26 pm »

thats bullshit

because its on  uses the ap rounds can't be tied to decrewed gun

either its like it is or every decrew/recrew action would give all at guns with possibility to buy ap rounds a fresh set of ap rounds
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #74 on: May 13, 2011, 01:37:48 pm »

because its on  uses the ap rounds can't be tied to decrewed gun

OMG mod did it
i think

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2011, 02:11:13 pm »

OMG mod did it
i think

Yeah he's right, tym and bigdick you are both wrong because other mods have done it.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2011, 02:19:36 pm »

can you use more than 2 ap rounds on 1 atg in omgmod (with still other AP round atgs in reserve)?

if yes, what happens if you use 2 ap rounds on one atg, then retreat(or kill) the crew and recrew it? can you use AP rounds again? (again with still other AP round atgs in reserve)
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2011, 02:21:06 pm »

Well, even if that works, your paying a minimum of 100mp a pop to pull that off. If you do it specifically for the AP rounds, I can see it getting expensive fast.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2011, 02:29:57 pm »

can you use more than 2 ap rounds on 1 atg in omgmod (with still other AP round atgs in reserve)?

if yes, what happens if you use 2 ap rounds on one atg, then retreat(or kill) the crew and recrew it? can you use AP rounds again? (again with still other AP round atgs in reserve)

I think(not sure) that if you buy 2 aprounds on 1 atgun and then retreat it you get those 2 back but if you use them both you wont get them back when you recrew it(might be wrong(dont play omg that often anymore))
BigDick
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2011, 03:06:36 pm »

Yeah he's right, tym and bigdick you are both wrong because other mods have done it.

no im not

its not possible to tie abilities on uses to weapons belonging to no one (world) the only way they might have made it is to use a global pool of ap rounds (something like stacking shells) as offmap and trigger it on recrew

but that will give you on an AT gun more than 2 uses of AP rounds after recrewing (depending how many in reserve)

and actually ap rounds in its current state are powerful
if it would be possible to use them from global pool then their price need to go up to 80-100mun
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc