Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 11:21:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which is, in your view, the worst doctrine in EIR  (Read 7084 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« on: May 19, 2011, 06:42:18 am »

Of the ones currently implemented, obviously. (inb4 'airbourne because it hasn't been implemented yet trololol')

And why? Please share with us your views!
(In depth elaboration is much appreciated)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 07:46:54 am by Unkn0wn » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 06:46:56 am »

I think Blitzkreig is currently the weakest doctrine in the game.

There are only really two viable strategies you can do with it, excluding StuG & Volks spam with Joint Ops, which are:
HEAT Rounds & Panzer Aces for Tigers with plenty of AT Support, or Panthers with lots of AI Support
Battle Hardened making your mainline troops much tougher, however this makes them extremely susceptible to any explosives or flames, my Engineers have a field day against these companies.

In fact, Blitzkreig doesn't make sense to me at all, it is supposed to be built around fast, harrassing attacks against the opponent anywhere, but only Lightning War allows you to do this to any effect, but that's now been nerfed, and it still gimps your infantry for 60 seconds.
But yes, it should be focussed around fast, mobile warfare, and then it gives you one of the slowest tanks in the game, and cloaking ninja's that move super slow when cloaked. I know this is down to vCoH, but it just doesn't make sense to me. And the only units really viable for quick assaults (Pumas, P4's, Flammenwerfers etc), are actually not all that great currently.

I don't know, Blitz used to be my favourite doctrine, the only one I'd really play in fact, but since the rework it just seems shit to me, if it's supposed to be the tank doctrine of the Axis, then that's just lame, both Armour, Engineers & Tank Hunters get MUCH better buffs to their tanks than Blitzkreig does, To me, the doctrine is just lacking in nearly all areas.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 07:56:26 am by Mister Schmidt » Logged

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 07:32:50 am »

im going with Terror

Due to another bad implementation of Asymetric Warfare

Grens + marksman + Shreks + heal + pervert pills + grenade

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 07:34:44 am »

im going with Terror

Due to another bad implementation of Asymetric Warfare

Grens + marksman + Shreks + heal + pervert pills + grenade

Terror is not in yet.
Those are old abilities that have not been reworked.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 07:39:27 am »

TH
Well in my opinion atleast is that they dont have enough Usefull AI exept for scoutcars with Mg but the cooldown it gets to get out of lockdown is way too high(worse part is that they often get stuck when they lockdown making it a loss of 60 mun and the scoutcar) and the assult Grens are too expensive for not being able to beat Bars at close range and being unable to heal unless SE doc, "ahhh you guys got support grens blablabla" sure they are usefull but they cant pin units for the same price of an bar squad and using it to kill inf aint good enough
sure Its an AT doctrine but they still need good AI to be able to win inf based Comps.

Well this is my opinion

They are way to heavy on Antitank Based Doctrine choices.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 07:46:11 am by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 07:45:40 am »

TH
Well in my opinion atleast is that they dont have enough Usefull AI exept for scoutcars with Mg but the cooldown it gets to get out of lockdown is way too high and the assult Grens are too expensive for not being able to beat Bars at close range and being unable to heal unless SE doc, "ahhh you guys got support grens blablabla" sure they are usefull but they cant pin units for the same price of an bar squad and using it to kill inf aint good enough
sure Its an AT doctrine but they still need good AI to be able to win inf based Comps.

Well this is my opinion

They are way to heavy on Antitank Based Doctrine choices.

Are you high? TH is a very good, well balanced doctrine, and buffs infantry quite nicely tbh, so I don't see why you're complaining there. They even get Stummels, one of the most OP units in the game.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 07:48:43 am »

Are you high? TH is a very good, well balanced doctrine, and buffs infantry quite nicely tbh, so I don't see why you're complaining there. They even get Stummels, one of the most OP units in the game.
excluding the strummel they get 1 just !1! upgrade to better inf
"Infrarot-Scheinwerfer
MP44s
More Accuracte vs L/H/G/T/S Cover"

Sure they get better Armor on Lvs With Zimmertin but That can be counted by a single Boys atsquad and enough atguns
Yes they get better HTs with Mec support"Mechanized Support
All Support Half-tracks
Improved*
Units in HTs
But that is barely enough to counter a Inf based Doc

And yes the strumm is OP but with teh recent Nerf they rarely hit anything unless its still
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 07:49:51 am »

Stalingrad Veterans and Supply Raid make G43s rape. Couple with a Muni HT for maximum pwn

i prefer to no u
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 07:50:46 am »

Stalingrad Veterans and Supply Raid make G43s rape. Couple with a Muni HT for maximum pwn
Only in houses and 20 meters around it but if they arent in houses they often die to something silly like a sherm
never mind they still die to a sherm when in houses and even better is that unless its a map that gork or someone that knows how to place houses down they die in the house to 3-4 atgunshots
EliteGren Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 07:51:15 am »

Houses are everywhere, and it's 30m.

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 07:52:58 am »

Houses are everywhere, and it's 30m.

Ok with that but still when the VetSergent dies that is in teh squad(i Think) The bonus goes away so you cant have a single unit in the house unless you are lucky and its the leader that is left

unless you changed that ofcourse

inshort unless you are playing a map that has alot of strong houses most of your AI is not gonna be Strong enough

allso needing to have an specific unit to make a comp good enough there is a Problome with The doctrine itself
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 07:58:46 am by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 07:59:02 am »

I sincerely disagree with you. Tank Hunters is actually a little OP now thinking about it, you get the best all around tanks in the game, And you have plenty of Munitions left for Infantry buffs & upgrades, EliteGren is right, couple lots of G43's with Munition HT's and you simply can't go wrong tbh.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:03:29 am by Mister Schmidt » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 08:01:50 am »

Yeah fraggers is right, TD are very strong if you know how to use them correctly and you're not very good at that Icelandic.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 08:03:16 am »

you get the best all around tanks in the game,

You talking about the hetzer?
Yes the hetzer is good but quite useless against tank unless you are ambushing it or have APCR or have A TB squad next to it to combat that single tank to being able to Just flank it(unless the hetzer is on a road ofcourse) for you can have 1 mg and 1 atgun to counter the hetzer and the TBs.
Jagd?
Its a slow as fuck tank that unless a pro is using it or it has TBs to assis it It gets raped by 2 Tets or even 1 if the user is good enough.
What dose the Munitisions Truck do anyways?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:04:57 am by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 08:05:28 am »

Its a slow as fuck tank that unless a pro is using it or it has TBs to assis it It gets raped by 2 Tets or even 1 if the user is good enough.
What dose the Munitisions Truck do anyways?

Which is why you have other AT support? You have teammates you know. And it lowers either cooldown or reload I think, can't remember which, I do know though it makes G43's super deadly.
And wtf the Jagd is not slow at all for what it is, seriously, Jagd is by far my favourite tank other than the Croc, the Jagd is just win all over, put APCR on and you don't even need to worry about other tanks, 3 shots a Sherman at vet 3, it's epic.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:07:05 am by Mister Schmidt » Logged

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 08:07:48 am »

Which is why you have other AT support?

You talking about a marder that dies to 3-4 Atgun Shots?
75mm Ht that dies to 2 Atgunshots if the ATguns i using APR?

I never knew about the The MunHT thing tough.

allso not everyone has jagds just to let you know

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:10:02 am by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 08:13:00 am »

If you can't move a Marder out of the way of an ATG after 2 shots you deserve to lose it. And it's a 50mm, and besides, you shouldn't be using vehicle based AT to back up tank based AT. You know you can potentially get double shreck squads that cloak in cover right? And I know not everyone has Jagds, you don't need a Jagd at all, TH has plenty of other ways of killing enemy tanks & vehicles.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 08:16:51 am »

Don't drag this any further off topic please. Discussing why a doctrine may be good or bad, is acceptable, but in-depth discussions on specific units or tactics do not have a place in this thread.

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 08:18:17 am »

I dont use marders so i dont really care about them and i allmost never have Tanks defending tanks for i allways try to have 2 Dual zreck TBsquads on feild at all time and yes i know they can claok, i have been using them sence the Doctrine was "Implemented" and as i said i dont use jagds and yet i can beat Tanks so why should i not know most of the stuff that you just posted?
But damm against Inf Based Docs even with my heavily AI Focused COmp i can beat tanks with ease and yet i cant beat a single Barsquad due to 1 Buff is a Building Bonus that can be negated by a single atgun that destroyes houses or an Mg with an Atgun.

Sorry Unkown

Ok jadg is one of the fastest tanks in the game... and how u failing with hetzers? These little buggers are great ESP with apcr rounds. U get cloaking dual shrek tb and Stalingrad vets is great awesome accuracy bonus which is all the AI coupled with g43, incendiary nades and stummels. If any doctrine is built for a balanced coy I think it would be TH.

But back on topic I think everything is on par with each other except from RCA, RE and current terror(but that don't really count) oh and armor these docts seem to more powerful than the rest.
who said i failed with hetzers?
I have had more vet 3 heters than anyone sence the lates whipe and many games i have successfully used them as an Snipercounter with moving cloac and yess Damm i know about the TB BUT FFS I AM TALKING ABOUT AI NOT FUCKING AT!!
HOW FUCKING RETARDED MUST YOU GUYS BE TO NOT BEING ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THAT!?!?!?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:32:14 am by TheIcelandicManiac » Logged
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 08:19:10 am »

Ok jadg is one of the fastest tanks in the game... and how u failing with hetzers? These little buggers are great ESP with apcr rounds. U get cloaking dual shrek tb and Stalingrad vets is great awesome accuracy bonus which is all the AI coupled with g43, incendiary nades and stummels. If any doctrine is built for a balanced coy I think it would be TH.

But back on topic I think everything is on par with each other except from RCA, RE and current terror(but that don't really count) oh and armor these docts seem to more powerful than the rest.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc