Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 01:24:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with own Skinpacks  (Read 4535 times)
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 20, 2011, 08:23:07 am »

hello,

i have a problem with some skins in EIRR which i would change, but its impossible. What im talking about are the skins of tanks and infantrie in the EuropeInRuinsDataArt. I can find in there maybe 4 skins of the tiger. If i want to change the tiger skin with my ExternalSkinpack, i can do what ever i want, the skin i put in the ExternalSkinpack for the tiger dont work and instead of this i see the skins beeing in the EuropeInRuinsDataArt. That regarding the tiger, the woverine (unluckily you have also the teamcolour still on it in blue, red and yellow  Undecided) and also the pershing.

Also the fact that i really would change the skin of the pak 40 and the new units to let those skins fit to the rest of my army, but i cant. So if i cant change anything in the ExternalSkinpack i do it in the EuropeInRuinsDataArt. And all my skins would work after it, if there is no autoupdater that changes my changes when i start the game and reset it. Would be really nice if the modders can tell a desperate skinner why the tigerskin is now not to change ( and i can remember 2010 i was able to change its skin ) and why do you really need to place the skins of the woverine into that folder.

PS: its my first topic i did, so if there are mistakes pls tell me, and i hope you understand my point.

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 08:37:48 am »

The EuropeinruinsArtData.sga is read in the game before your skinpack, (ie. prioritized over), this is why it uses these skins first.

It's something I will look into eventually (the woverine skin especially), but what you need to do to fix it in the short term is to open up the Europeinruinsartdata.sga, and modify the .abp in that .sga so it matches the main mesh filepaths equal the filepaths in your externalskinpack.sga.

In other cases, like that with the wolverine (new units that are in EIRR only) you need to just place the skins you want into the eirartdata.sga and replace the old ones.

In both cases, you are going to need a desktop shortcut for the launcher, so you can bypass the autoupdater and get straight into the launcher without your eirrartdata.sga being rewritten.

Just think of this as an expansion of your externalskinpack.sga.

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 09:50:07 am »

hi groundfire,

thx very much for your fast reply. Would you give me an explanation how to create the shortcut for the launcher, dont know how to do it.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 09:54:24 am »

Get your normal coh shortcut, and copy it, and rename it to something like eirr launcher bypass.

Then right click, go to properties, and at the end of the target line write -mod europeinruins

leave a space between the end of the target line and -mod

Then you're good to go Smiley

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 10:06:04 am »

mister schmidt,

i created a shortcut for my replays sounds like this ["C:\Program Files\THQ\Company of Heroes\RelicCOH.exe" -mod europeinruins]. But the point is, if i create such a shortcut, i would not start the launcher without the updater, but the game to watch my replays or just the game.

So thx for the answer, but i cant go with it
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 10:09:52 am »

Oh, the launcher, sorry I misunderstood Sad
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 10:14:56 am »

In your main company of heroes/EIRRlauncher folder there is a direct .exe to the launcher that doesn't pass the autoupdater first. Use that. It's also generally a much quicker way of getting into the launcher as you don't have to go through the slow process of the autoupdater every time.
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 10:24:25 am »

I guess we can add an ExternalSkinpackExtra.sga to the module which gets prioritized over EuropeInRuinsDataArt.sga

but tbh, it's not such a big deal.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 11:10:07 am »

first of all thx for all the answers. And yes in the company of heroes/EIRRlauncher folder i found the .exe, forgot that i have this folder lol Grin.

Leophone i like your Idea with the ExternalSkinpackExtra.sga. Would be nice if you can do it because the mod develops and i need sooner or later a new update. It makes for me no sense to put as an example the wolverine skin in it and you can not change the skin anymore.

But for the moment im happy having found a way to use own skins without being deleted by any updater thx very much again
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 11:46:28 am »

the problem with such file is that if we update the abp of a unit in a patch it will break for those who use the Externalskinpackextra file.
you really need to know what you're doing with this, which results in that it is only really usable for those who also made the skinpack.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2011, 11:56:05 am »

But for the moment im happy having found a way to use own skins without being deleted by any updater thx very much again
Just make sure to run the autoupdater when we release patches (will be announced on the website), else you'll be on the wrong version :p
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2011, 12:02:52 pm »

for the datafiles anyway yeah, so you might see blue error boxes or units without weapons.

only graphical errors, game will still work.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2011, 12:07:53 pm »

see the problem. But files like the wolverine are not that neccessary i think and should be deleted if possible.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2011, 12:35:08 pm »

In your main company of heroes/EIRRlauncher folder there is a direct .exe to the launcher that doesn't pass the autoupdater first. Use that. It's also generally a much quicker way of getting into the launcher as you don't have to go through the slow process of the autoupdater every time.

This is very bad advice and I recommend you not follow it.
Getting in launcher with out updating can cause everybody grief. If you are unaware of a patch and get in game, you will probably desync the game.
If there has been a map update and you do not update, then you will be unable to join the game if they have chosen a map you do not have, or everybody is forced to play a different map because you did not auto update.

Not updating is, has been, and always will be bad advice.
Auto updating generally takes 25 to 30 seconds. If it takes any longer, than for god's sake stay out any game over a 2v2.....LAG @!!! If you do not have the patience to sit this out, then you probably do not have the patience to wait 20 minutes to get a game.

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2011, 01:07:17 pm »

i would be happy if the tiger skins and the wolverine skins will be deleted from the EuropeInRuinsDataArts because they are there not neccessary. Then im able to change the skins from the ExternalSkinpack again and i can start the launcher with updater and everything is fine.

Furthermore it was just something annoying me as i played. Not nice if the wolverine is the only tank with blue stripes on it.
TheIcelandicManiac Offline
Resident forum troll. Fucked unkn0wns mom

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 01:28:10 pm »

Auto updating generally takes 25 to 30 seconds. If it takes any longer, than for god's sake stay out any game over a 2v2.....LAG @!!! If you do not have the patience to sit this out, then you probably do not have the patience to wait 20 minutes to get a game.

hahahhahaah it takes me 2-4 mintues most often just to get past the cheking if there is an update

Quote from: Grundwaffe
Soon™
gj icelandic i am proud of u  Smiley
Sometimes its like PQ doesnt carrot all.

Work Harder
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 01:32:08 pm »

Since there's set patch dates and clear patch announcements, if you just check the forums (news & announcements) regularly, you shouldn't have a problem with not being up to date to be honest.

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 01:36:54 pm »

I just ask the people on vent or just run it at the start of every day.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 04:44:47 pm »

hahahhahaah it takes me 2-4 mintues most often just to get past the cheking if there is an update

REALLY!!!!!  How the hell can this be possible and you not lag in game? I am truly perplexed.....

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 04:50:55 pm »

Magic
but srsly it takes forever just to check for an update and to download it takes even longer.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc