Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 27, 2024, 03:24:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 09:37:35 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vet Tank crews  (Read 6878 times)
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« on: May 22, 2011, 12:25:29 am »

As a crazy suggestion, regarding the vet tanks maybe this is possible or not,if it is  possible to make tank crew abandon tanks and reatreat so that players won't have to lose their vet and get vet hunted after critical damaged,coz after critical damage uu will get suerly get followed and get blown apart , and if you think that your vet can't make an escape out of therre then the crew certainally can run faster to reatreat points  it would be awesome if this woks ...and players won't go rage about losing vets
pic from tales of valor tank crews with abandoned Tiger, if that can be done in vcoh why can't we do in EIR , this applies for all tanks but maybe it might take a serious lot of work

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 01:03:44 am by GORKHALI » Logged

AlterFrax Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 12:31:51 am »

If that was implemented, we would need some serious looks taken into what was needed to get vet. I really like the idea though. Hope people consider it more thoroughly.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 01:02:26 am »

my idea is give vet to the crew not the tank coz, how powerful the weapon is,its only deadly in the right hands ....tank should only be decrewable but not be recrewable  so that after abandon the tank cannot be used by others or the player himself
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 01:20:56 am by GORKHALI » Logged
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 01:25:24 am »

Gorkhali,

your idea is fantastic. So if the tank explodes, a group of maybe 3 to 4 persons appear (3 normal and one officer) and you can fight with them or retreat your vet tank crew. But then is the question if we make it that tanks can be crewed or the crew of the tank leaves in battle the tank. Just the crews get vet and the tanks are more a weapon like the atguns.

Also, bad analogy ground, My vegetables never pissed on my ego when I decided they defeated me and gave up on dessert.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 01:28:11 am »

I said tank r not to be recrewd again and if you abandon tanks means the crew will not fight but same as atguns run back to the spawn point and dissappear ...and if tank explodes you should lose the vets not appear tank crews you should abandon tanks before it get blown apart ..read carefully lol Grin Grin
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 01:31:11 am »

a group of maybe 3 to 4 persons appear (3 normal and one officer) and you can fight with them or retreat your vet tank crew.

No. Just No. You're getting out of that tank to get off the battlefield. If you're standing around to fight, you may as well stay IN the freaking tank you bailed from.
If something was going to kill your Tank, then that thing is DEFIANTLY going to kill the crew, specially if you're bailing from something meaty (KT/Tiger/Pershing).
Do like the idea of being able to bail out of tanks so you run away instead of drive away. Maybe lose some Vet in the process though because you now have to get in a new tank and adjust to how THAT tank handles.
Its a realistic way of saying, you're paying the price of having an easier escape off the battlefield where you can't be blocked as easy and you don't suffer from engine damage ect Tongue

Don't think this idea will make it very far however. It's an awesome idea I admit, but its been brought up before and it obviously didn't get very far if its not a feature of EiR:R Tongue

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 01:33:30 am »

i read it carefully and saw he possibility of retreating your tankcrew, but i added the fight and the crew and recrew of tanks lol
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 01:36:35 am »

And as I explained. It shouldn't be like that, because you're bailing for a reasoning, aka, You want to get it off the map and save your stuff.
If you want to carry on fighting, then why bother getting OUT of the tank. You do more damage in the thing and you're better protected.
If this was a thing and I saw people getting out of Vechs/Tanks (specially if they're bailing from Heavies/Super Heavies) to fight with Crewmen, I would seriously facepalm and make a mental note not to play with them because if they're going to fight, I want them to fight with the biggest and best weapons they have...
hans Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 01:51:13 am »

i just said,
if the tank explodes, a group of maybe 3 to 4 persons appear (3 normal and one officer) and you can fight with them or retreat your vet tank crew.

so if the tank is just scrap, so destroyed, you can do with the tankcrew whatever you want. Okay i have to agree the recrewing is not a good idea.
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 02:38:42 am »

depending on how its done i could see it working. an abandon has to take X amount of time though. say 15 seconds at least. it should only be used as a last ditch effort if you have a destroyed engine. also i dont think they crew should run as fast as a normal retreating unit, because obviously they would of suffered damage IN the tank. Also you should still get xp for killing the tank, it would be totally lame to get a KT down to 10% health and not get xp for killing it.

ALSO when abandoning the tank you should lose all/half xp you gained in that battle so you cant just kill and run.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 05:27:18 am »

It's something we actually consider experimenting with, but given the amount of more important things we have to attend to and the limited amount of coders we have, I wouldn't count on it happening any time soon.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 08:30:42 am »

depending on how its done i could see it working. an abandon has to take X amount of time though. say 15 seconds at least. it should only be used as a last ditch effort if you have a destroyed engine. also i dont think they crew should run as fast as a normal retreating unit, because obviously they would of suffered damage IN the tank. Also you should still get xp for killing the tank, it would be totally lame to get a KT down to 10% health and not get xp for killing it.

ALSO when abandoning the tank you should lose all/half xp you gained in that battle so you cant just kill and run.
you r taliking realistic and tank crew r experinced so they can abandon tank in 5 sec coz they all have their own exit espically german tanks ,and why should they lose XP coz as I said Tank is only a weapon crew r the one who uses it that means crew should get vetted not the tank itself only what you can do is eventhough abandoning the tank if you win the game and if the tank is not destroyed then the player should get their tank back but  if the tank is destroyed after abandoning they should pay extra manpower or fuel to buy new tank for the vet crews well this is a option or the fled vet get tanks and doesn't have to pay anything  Grin

but as we have heard Eir have other things to do  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 08:58:53 am by GORKHALI » Logged
Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 08:54:13 am »

I think the only way to do this properly would be to have the tank blow up after the crew leaves it, no issues about being able to recrew in that case.

But in regards to the idea, I think it's pretty bad. I'm pretty sure many, if not all people reading this have been in a match where they've worked so hard to kill a vet 3 Tiger or King Tiger or Pershing. So in this case, you'd have the tank crew just bail in 5 seconds like Gork is suggesting, losing absolutely no veterancy, and having all your tank-hunting efforts go to waste? Pretty bad idea if you ask me. Your veteran tanks would become practically immortal.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.

- Andre Malraux

- Dracula
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 09:02:16 am »

if u got 2 m10 straffing and firing at you 5 second is too long they will blow you in 2 sec to pieces,and there goes the vet Tiger with its crewman to grave Grin Grin
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:03:50 am by GORKHALI » Logged
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 09:16:51 am »

Gork - M10s do not fire at a rate that is equal to or even better than a shell every 2 seconds

As such there is no realistic reason for you to state that a Tiger would be dead from 2 M10s in a timeframe of just 2 seconds.

Please don't make completely un-based claims like that, and for the love of god stop putting down the "Cheesy Cheesy"s everywhere because that just makes me feel like I'm reading the ramblings of a drooling spastic 7-year old retard.

Thank you for your time.

Vermillion_Hawk Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 09:17:25 am »

A smart player would know when they're beat, and have their crew ditch at the first sign of inevitable doom, thus further propagating their immortal tank.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 09:47:54 am »

How is that different from now? Nobody said that tank crews have to be faster than tanks. Maybe they don't have a retreat button so you can kill them when they're trying to escape. Maybe tank crews and tank vet is separate so they will still lose their tank.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 09:57:05 am »

Gork - M10s do not fire at a rate that is equal to or even better than a shell every 2 seconds

As such there is no realistic reason for you to state that a Tiger would be dead from 2 M10s in a timeframe of just 2 seconds.

Please don't make completely un-based claims like that, and for the love of god stop putting down the "Cheesy Cheesy"s everywhere because that just makes me feel like I'm reading the ramblings of a drooling spastic 7-year old retard.

Thank you for your time.
coz i am a 7 year old retard ..and i am not claiming anything i am just saying that tiger can easily be killed by 2 m10 in no time  if it is lower then half HP
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 10:16:09 am by GORKHALI » Logged
GORKHALI Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 09:59:54 am »

How is that different from now? Nobody said that tank crews have to be faster than tanks. Maybe they don't have a retreat button so you can kill them when they're trying to escape. Maybe tank crews and tank vet is separate so they will still lose their tank.

if the other units can reatreat faster then tank crews should also be able to reatreat at same speed as the the other units and onemore thing tank crew doesn't need retreat button coz they should automatically abandon tank and reatreat like the atguns and mgs do ...

read this i said it before i don't want to say it everytime
Tank is only a weapon crew r the one who uses it that means crew should get vetted not the tank itself only what you can do is eventhough abandoning the tank if you win the game and if the tank is not destroyed then the player should get their tank back but  if the tank is destroyed after abandoning they should pay extra manpower or fuel to buy new tank for the vet crews well this is a option or the fled vet get tanks and doesn't have to pay anything  Grin
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 10:19:49 am by GORKHALI » Logged
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 10:29:10 am »

I was replying to Vermillion_Hawks post.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc