Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 04:24:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Airborne Doctrine Draft  (Read 24672 times)
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 02:37:45 pm »

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqYmSbMWu6xMdHMzbl9zTXdIOUIzaHR2NFdRdUhUS2c&hl=en_US&authkey=CNCjor4I

try that link

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 02:40:24 pm »

uhm, it's empty, am I doing something wrong?

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 02:50:05 pm »

ugh, no i am.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqYmSbMWu6xMdENPbmY1elVDSzNsTHBrNHVueGhUZWc&hl=en_US&authkey=CJCKjvsE

I need dto get somethin to eat lol
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 03:01:38 pm »

Path 1 is very weak. The T3 and T4 only gives Infantry sprint and leader rifles, remember that AB already have Fire-up.

Bottom T4 is also quite weak compared to Locked and Loaded and other defensive T4s. I don't think that permanent suppression for BARs is a good idea.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:06:46 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 03:13:59 pm »

I just want to ensure there is no confusion here. This draft will not be reviewed by the Dev team unless it is posted here: http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19252.0

It is great you guys are having an opportunity to discuss it amongst yourselves here, as you will not be able to in the posting thread.

Please be sure to read all of the these threads completely before posting your final draft.

http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19255.0
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19254.0
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19253.0
http://forums.europeinruins.com/index.php?topic=19252.0

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2011, 03:51:18 pm »

yes, discuss more please.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 03:52:00 pm »

Path 1 is very weak. The T3 and T4 only gives Infantry sprint and leader rifles, remember that AB already have Fire-up.

Bottom T4 is also quite weak compared to Locked and Loaded and other defensive T4s. I don't think that permanent suppression for BARs is a good idea.

it's just a draft, i'm working on it and it's not leader rifles. Normal aB have carbines, which is already the leader rifle of riflemen, so it gives them a better gun and the top also gives faster accel to tanks and vehicles.

BAR's gaining more suppression but losing suppression fire isn't that bad of an idea for a doctrine. It's supposed to mirror lmg42 suppression, which most know that 2 together gives it a good suppression rate.

this was just something i came up with in 20-30 minutes, with more thinking it'll get better.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2011, 04:31:58 pm »

btw I stole your ideas.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2011, 07:12:29 pm »

Reworked the entire draft, it's now more accurately Offensive, Defensive and Mobility.
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2011, 07:34:34 pm »

Experienced NCO's HP buff allows the squad leader to survive most direct tank shots. (P4/stug/ostwind mostly)

Knock it down to +15HP fixes the problem.

Also, do what tank says. <_< Tongue

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

3rdCondor Offline
Donator

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 09:55:30 pm »

doctrine looks fun

gj

No tits, but i will bake a cake then eat it in honour of Sir Condor The 3rd
fuck the pgren rifle, fucking dogshit weapon
My beautiful black pussy won
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2011, 01:31:06 am »

about bottom unlocks,how does howitzer fit in with ab?!

T2 support teams + sniper is too strong,before you would spendt T1 for teams + T2 for sniper,now you get extra teams for free.

captured weapon sounds kinda cool,they can call it only once? only 1 weapon comes down,right?

what is M45? It's a quad,but how different than current one?

I like how you changed upper tree,looks better now Wink
panzerman Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2011, 01:56:44 am »

i like it but looks more like armour and inf mashed together with some buffs for AB...

i always hoped some1 would make ab more about timers, capping etc. they are strong enough as is.

personally this looks OP and made for spam companies.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 03:45:31 am »

smurf - he took it from my draft, dont know if he meant it as same. It was supposed to be like the leig but with like a stug shell and higher reload. This was a real unit that aB would get.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M116_howitzer

it could be like the 75mm gmc with lower range (45-50)
lionel23 Offline
Donator

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2011, 05:12:36 am »

Why does airborne need a howitzer?  Why is it trying to do everything when it shouldn't need to be.  Infantry are the mainliners and arty guys, so airborne is now trying to sneak a howie of their own in as well as have some crazy buffs to infantry and constant buff-age of all airborne units again?

Remove the howie, remove the maxim, totally not needed, get something else.  Also, definitely split sniper and support teams, should not be together.

Congratulations, dear sir...I must say, never before have I seen such precise gunnery displayed. - CrazyWR (on Leaderboard Howitzers)

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2011, 08:05:54 am »

i like it but looks more like armour and inf mashed together with some buffs for AB...
i always hoped some1 would make ab more about timers, capping etc. they are strong enough as is.

I would like to see this as well but It's not possible to change timers, capping etc atm 'cause they require SCAR coding.

I don't think it looks like armor and infantry mashed up,

Armor - The only armor buffs are specific ie to support tanks or tank destroyers and these buffs are very weak compared to armor. I could change the top T4 penetration values if that's what's bothering you.

Infantry - The infantry buffs here are also very specific and fits different AB playstyles with heavy focus on doctrinal units. Again most buffs are pretty weak and most of them also require units to stay in heavy cover.

Why does airborne need a howitzer?

I can't see why not, it doesn't have to be as powerful as other howitzers but all the other allied doctrines have artillery pieces.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:24:10 am by PonySlaystation » Logged
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2011, 08:10:43 am »

I can't see why not, it doesn't have to be as powerful as other howitzers but all the other allied doctrines have artillery pieces.
That's exactly why AB DON'T need one dude...
Give them so flavour that isn't some kind of arty piece...

Do you know how completely unfun it is to be arty'd by MOST of the enemy team for the whole duration of the game :/
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:12:21 am by MittinsKittens » Logged

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2011, 08:15:46 am »

Mittens,
in the current metagame, nobody plays airborne so it's very possible to see artillery from every allied team right NOW, as I said it doesn't need to be very powerful.

Infact if you count the hotchkiss stuka, every doctrine in EIR has on map artillery except airborne, It all comes down to the unit stats, you can have one million howitzers but if they don't do any damage it won't matter how many you have. And if they have a 6 min cooldown then you're not gonna get overwhelmed with artillery.

It doesn't even have to be an artillery piece, it could be used as a smoke launcher or leig like cannon.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:21:03 am by PonySlaystation » Logged
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2011, 10:15:46 am »

That's exactly why AB DON'T need one dude...
Give them so flavour that isn't some kind of arty piece...

Do you know how completely unfun it is to be arty'd by MOST of the enemy team for the whole duration of the game :/

it's not artillery, you ever seen the leig? it's not a normal howtizer, it's a personal infantry weapon that can be para-dropped in that's a shorter range 75mm gmc. AB doesn't need any of the abilities or weapons added in doctrines, it's just something cool to add in. Plus, AB are the ONLY doctrine in the whole game without some type of artillery (All WM get nebels, all pe have hotch stuka) and a pack howitzer is no where close to a normal artillery unit.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2011, 05:57:56 pm »

Please be sure to read all of the these threads completely before posting your final draft.

I have read them but it states that the offensive tree should have increased damage and the defensive tree should have increased health. I disagree.

For example if an armored car is behind my defenses then increased health is not gonna do it any good, it would benefit more from the increased damage. Now if the armored car was behind enemy lines it would benefit more from the increased health and speed rather than damage output, so that it can stay alive long enough to deal any damage.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc