Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 08:32:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think EIR Operators are being Relic Developers.  (Read 8812 times)
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 06:00:49 pm »

Gud Wink

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 09:00:11 pm »

Don't know who you guys have been playing =\
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 10:35:27 pm »

RE is not OP, it's rather UP, mainly because it has no doctrine tree. The problem lies in it's simplicity. All you need is Flame sappers, Churchills and 17pndrs and you have a strong platform that requires practically no micro. Any new player can use this and still perform well in battle.

The problem can be broken down into two things

The low pop cost of Churchills.
and
Sapper flamers being a single platform without need for support.

The pop-tables for Churchills are currently
8 for AVRE - It has low pop but is still not useful because of the long cooldown, it should have increased pop and lowered cooldown so players are rewarded for using them actively. It doesn't pair well with another Churchill so it needs to act as a replacement for one with a slightly different role.
10 for IV - Too low
12 for VI - Too low
14 for Croc - Too low

Compared to other tanks they have pop levels equivalent of armored cars. The problem lies not in the Churchills, but rather their pop levels allowing players to have much more support than other heavy tank companies which have to rely on teamwork and coordination to archive success.

When the doctrine is implemented these values should be

12 for IV
14 for VI
16 for Croc

Unlike other factions, sappers don't have to rely on other units to cover them so most RE players have companies consisting entirely of sapper flamers and no other infantry. Again the problem is not that they're too strong but rather that they're very easy to use.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:37:11 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 10:43:32 pm »

Pony makes a successful point. +1

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 10:45:36 pm »

16 is fine for croc, it preforms the same as a tiger or sherman, but it's much worse vs other tanks, it just excels more vs infantry.

I have not used the VI, but the IV is total crap, it needs a low pop cap or else no one would ever bother to use them. even now no one uses them unless they dick around with it before they get the croc.

the flame sappers i haven't used myself, but seem incredibly strong.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2011, 11:05:35 pm »

RE is not OP, it's rather UP, mainly because it has no doctrine tree. The problem lies in it's simplicity. All you need is Flame sappers, Churchills and 17pndrs and you have a strong platform that requires practically no micro. Any new player can use this and still perform well in battle.

The problem can be broken down into two things

The low pop cost of Churchills.
and
Sapper flamers being a single platform without need for support.

The pop-tables for Churchills are currently
8 for AVRE - It has low pop but is still not useful because of the long cooldown, it should have increased pop and lowered cooldown so players are rewarded for using them actively. It doesn't pair well with another Churchill so it needs to act as a replacement for one with a slightly different role.
10 for IV - Too low
12 for VI - Too low
14 for Croc - Too low

Compared to other tanks they have pop levels equivalent of armored cars. The problem lies not in the Churchills, but rather their pop levels allowing players to have much more support than other heavy tank companies which have to rely on teamwork and coordination to archive success.

When the doctrine is implemented these values should be

12 for IV
14 for VI
16 for Croc

Unlike other factions, sappers don't have to rely on other units to cover them so most RE players have companies consisting entirely of sapper flamers and no other infantry.
12 for a IV? its a freaking popgun thats slow as fuck. Doesnt kill anything at all. Theres a reason it cost less than a normal sherman. Hell this thing is so useless currently the devs said they plan on removing this retarded stepchild with no function. At 12 pop it would be even MORE useless.

14 for a VI? A jumbo is 13.  A jumbo has much superior armour and superior speed. They have same gun. Why should the VI be more pop than a jumbo if its worse?

16 for a croc? Alright croc does have good firepower, when its in range. A tiger of the same pop has better armour and can attack gib from a range rather than having to get in a bit closer. Tiger also has slightly better speed, and slightly better HP, oh and yeah, it can attack tanks. Yet somehow that warrants the same pop.

Flamer sappers CANT be used without support. Id like your  20 pop worth flamer sappers to meet my 9 pop worth of MGs. A flame sapper without the cover of smoke is a dead flame sapper to any good player. And dont say "well ermm i came from 5 different directions" Sure you did chap!

Please rethink your reasoning.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2011, 11:11:51 pm »

Put those sappers in multiple brens and add in a croc to really be a dbag about it. Schmidt has made his flamespam RE coy a trademark; he's the innovater of the newest craze afaik. Dont say 'get paks' or 'use tanks'; theres always a buttload of piat sappers in the van and paks get decrewed faster then you can type 'gg'.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
BigDick
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2011, 11:26:07 pm »

i played against that company more than one time and i had no probems at all to deal with the flame sappers and brens

the only thing i really hate (in general) are these churchill crocs pissing me off

fucking impenetrable overrepaired fag tanks
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 11:37:31 pm »

DarkSoldierX,
More pop does not necessarily mean they will perform worse. It means they will have less support available and have to rely more on teamwork and coordination, i.e using them as tanks.

You cannot compare a Churchill to a Tiger because they have different roles. And a 17pndr with a Churchill IV/VI will win against a Tiger any day without costing more pop.

The Jumbo is a bit low on pop, maybe it should be 14, considering how many pak shots it takes to kill them. But the same thing can be said here. Infantry players do not have access to 17pndrs. I don't think the VI has a lot worse armor than the Jumbo but you have to keep in mind that the Jumbo and Tiger are both
1: A T3 unlock
2: Much more expensive
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:48:49 pm by PonySlaystation » Logged
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2011, 12:17:04 am »

lmao darksoldier qq allies bias zomg bs

IV agreed not 12pop

VI 14pop +1 Jumbo should thus be brought inline to 14pop

Croc 16pop +1 Superior anti inf capabilities, superior armor to expensive axis AT and also has the ability to gain the 75mm sherman through doctrine and over repaired. all together you cant argue that it shouldnt be same as tiger.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2011, 12:32:33 am »

I have not used the IV so I cannot speak on it's behalf.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 01:22:56 am »

You cannot compare a Churchill to a Tiger because they have different roles. And a 17pndr with a Churchill IV/VI will win against a Tiger any day without costing more pop.

Yes you can compare the Churchill crocodile to a tiger. They are both respectively the staple heavy tanks of each doctrine - and the simple fact of the matter is that the Churchill croc is not as multi-functional as a tiger. It's sole advantage lies in it's superior reliability in killing infantry - but in all other cases the tiger trumps it. The tiger's multi-functionality is what ensures that it should (and does) cost more popcap than the Churchill crocodile.

And you are aware that the VI with a 17 pdr actually costs MORE than a tiger in popcap, right? And whether you'll win or not is actually very much so up for debate. Effective blocking with the Churchill is questionable due to it's speed, and it's not exactly got the damage output to create much of a deterrant to the tiger with the threat of shooting the tiger's rear armour.

Infantry players do not have access to 17pndrs

While having access to TR ATGs, bazookas, stickies and other quite efficient methods of anti-tank. And yes, the jumbo armour is MUCH superior to Churchill armour. We're talking utterly retarded superiority. As such, it is completely warranted that it is both more expensive and costs a higher amount of popcap.

And get this in your head people. Being a T3 unlock is about as relevant as Oprah's vagina - in terms of battlefield capability it pretty much means nothing, as the unlocks are not balanced cross-factionally. They are merely an indicator of the degree of versatility they provide compared to other unlocks in the doctrine.

PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 01:50:14 am »

And get this in your head people. Being a T3 unlock is about as relevant as Oprah's vagina - in terms of battlefield capability it pretty much means nothing, as the unlocks are not balanced cross-factionally. They are merely an indicator of the degree of versatility they provide compared to other unlocks in the doctrine.

In this case it's very relevant. The 17pndr for example is a T1 while the pak40 is a T3. Ingame this means that a RE can have access to over-repair and other unlocks and still have the 17pndr which is a pretty clear advantage over Defensive.

EDIT: I just noticed that 17pndr are 6 pop so perhaps the values I presented are a bit too much.

VI should be 13
Croc should be 15
Jumbo should be 14
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:01:20 am by PonySlaystation » Logged
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 03:56:49 am »

Flamethrower sappers are not going to stay in their current format by the way, we'll probably make a new sapper unit for them.
Mister Schmidt Offline
Lawmaker

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 04:13:39 am »

My new unit? Roll Eyes

Also..

VI 14pop +1 Jumbo should thus be brought inline to 14pop

We are focusing on this issue, please do not bring up any others, or "If thats OP why cant this be" arguments.

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
"Seeing Bigdick in his full sado mask attire, David couldn't help but feel a tingle in his special place.."
BigDick
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 04:25:52 am »

Flamethrower sappers are not going to stay in their current format by the way, we'll probably make a new sapper unit for them.

how about flame tommies with stens?  Cool
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2011, 04:33:57 am »

Commandos with 2 flame throwers...
rifle87654 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 04:39:21 am »

Why can a firefly outrange a tiger?
Why should 57mm even do dmg to a tiger's frontal armor at long range?
Is it for balance?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha hahahahah
Does he have a problem?
Anyway he's hilarious.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 04:41:16 am »

gtfo smokaz

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 04:42:35 am »

should make them that hero unit from coh:o. the engis with 2 flamethrowers, just make them sappers and make them doctrinal tbfh.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc