Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:11:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]

[May 26, 2022, 10:13:22 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Know your Enemy : A Database of information on various players.  (Read 59307 times)
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 12:43:00 pm »

I disagree with that notion, all players (aside from new ones) ultimately find their own playstyle within the modification, even if they don't belong to the 'top'.

If this turns out to be just another listing of what a group of players consider to be 'the best players in the modification' (in effect turning this thread into a ranking of those in the list versus those not) then I will not hesitate to shut it down. (Like we did with previous attempts of making 'rankings' of player skill)
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2011, 12:44:33 pm »

there is no way he can make a database of all players...

why is everyone except me retarded?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2011, 12:50:52 pm »

(the players you've 'reviewed' have probably played everyone about a hundred times each)

So you're implying I should be making reviews of people that I haven't played with at all? How is that supposed to work? There's a reason why I'm encouraging people to write reviews alongside me for me to post - because I know I'm not going to be able to write a review for every single person in EiRR frankly because I haven't played with every single person in EiRR enough to be able to review everyone fairly - and I will never have enough time to be able to do so.
The reason I start off with people I more or less so know is to just get things going : so people have an idea on what it should look like so they themselves have a well-described standard to which they should compare their work in assessing the players they would consider themselves to know well enough to review.

Also, you'll notice there's also a weaknesses section in each player's reviews - hardly something that can be called a compliment - hence it's not really a circle-jerk.

I assure you, I will attempt to fill the database as fully as I will humanly be able to.

Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2011, 12:53:07 pm »

there is no way he can make a database of all players...

Nor do I expect him to, but I can only hope he doesn't discriminate in regards to active players he plays with on a daily basis. (By only reviewing the ones he deems to be 'good' players)

I think Masacree's concerns on this subject though are largely unwarranted at this point in time.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2011, 12:58:04 pm »

That's something, I could be the first mediocre player mentioned. Grin

Speedy was already mentioned

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2011, 01:04:24 pm »

EvilNRG

Strengths: lol?

Weakness: score, keeping units alive, killing enemy units

General Profile: more commonly known as 8k score failguy

skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2011, 01:18:06 pm »

Send u a pm mysth about a player Grin Grin Grin (gorkhali)

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2011, 01:34:27 pm »

Ill be ballsy and be the first to self-post so far. Plus I assume myself one of the shit players so I'll be a long while coming anyways xD.

Player: TheVolskinator

Play-style*: Defensive Rigid Cautious Light Infantry Conservative
Main strengths: Greatly understanding of the qualms of well-equipped, veteran infantry, medium armor, and support teams and their use in combined arms and passively striking an enemy's point of weakness. Static play is ill-advised as his flanking attacks often catch a player's entire flank exposed--eliminating a large swath of units with ruthless effeciency in the process. Possesses almost unbeatable micro of his preffered units.
Main weaknesses: Over-indoctricated in years of vCoH play, an avid unit preservationist--especially with infantry units. Reliance on handheld AT and the rare ATG leaves him open to heavy armor builds and as such he relies on his team for AT. He's used the same general company builds and tactics since joining EiR and is easily predictable in his unit pool. Can easily be pushed out his rythem by heavy shock attacks.
General outline: Newbie to the EiRR scene, an easy pushover at best. Almost unbeatable when allowed to position himself into a steady, methodical advance after pulling off a trademark 'all-in' exploitation attack. A very passive player, will usually wait to consolidate his forces before attempting to make any large-scale attacks, and prefers knockout-blow style fighting as opposed to small-scale guerrila tactics. Because of his defferal to combine arms, the use of all armor or all infantry spam attacks are usually needed to beat him.

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
Groundfire Offline
EIRR community manager
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2011, 01:40:58 pm »

Ha, this is pretty cool. I why didnt we do player bios sooner?

I could probably do a "Most wanted" type deal in the launcher news, and display their bio. Cheesy

Latest Shoutcast:
EIRR Groundcast 11 "The Super Dev Showdown!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOGm79rXWhU (full version)

MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2011, 02:07:59 pm »

Ha, this is pretty cool. I why didnt we do player bios sooner?

I could probably do a "Most wanted" type deal in the launcher news, and display their bio. Cheesy

I feel like we are hijacking myst's thread but either way I love that idea Groundfire.

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2011, 02:19:47 pm »

Please, if the info collected by this thread is deemed of any use to anyone whatsoever - then by all means use it.

And Lionel's definitely an entry that will be made in the near future, frankly because he's well-known for what he uses.

Can anyone say "Heavy Infantry?" Tongue

Was going to do Evil today, but have too much of a migraine, so I'm leaving that to tomorrow. Also cheers to that Skaffa and Volsk, I'll look through both your submissions later on once I rid myself of this migraine (lolz at length of Skaffa's review) :S.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2011, 02:20:50 pm »

I've already done Evil and it's already perfect.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2011, 02:21:33 pm »

+1 ...your my hero
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2011, 02:32:35 pm »

I'll put it on the database if you put that thing you do with the dildo on the internet.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2011, 08:20:06 pm »

I think you guys managed to sum me up better than I could.. But now everyone knows what I'm all about Sad.
If I start losing games I'm gonna blame you Heartmann!

Lionel will be the easiest review you've ever done. I think he's managed to use the same Infantry company for 2 years =p.
Tbh you could include Nijo and Kipsinas on this list at some point, they're probably 2 of the most underrated EIR players at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 08:26:15 pm by spinn72 » Logged
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2011, 10:28:05 pm »

Nice to see mysth doing what he does best.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2011, 11:02:11 pm »

Basically we are adding all the well-known players then huh?  Ill keep adding the well-known people to my list then myst if thats ok...the one on page 5.
PonySlaystation Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2011, 11:38:22 pm »

EvilNRG
Strengths: lol?
Weakness: score, keeping units alive, killing enemy units
General Profile: more commonly known as 8k score failguy

Wut? EvilNRG is pro.

Sharks are not monsters Henley, they are cute, cuddly and misunderstood. They love humans. sometimes they love TOO much. They love people so much that sometimes their kisses separate people into two flailing pieces which are consumed by other sharks in a frenzy of peace and joy.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2011, 12:29:03 am »

PonySlaystation

Strengths: Has faith in people

Weakeness: Has faith in Evil

General Profile: Seriously, who has faith in Evil?
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2011, 12:43:46 am »

How true is this? This is how I see me.

Player: Tym

Play-style: Aggressive Fluid Cautious Heavy Infantry Innovative

Main strengths: Aggressive playstyle is usually on the "passive aggressive" side as Tym will throw away units to kill what he feels is a backbreaker but will also retreat and hold his position when needed. Has high field awareness and is always willing to help in an attack, counter attack or defense. Very good at supporting infantry with vehicles and using any type of stand off weapon, usually employs a good array of combined arms.

Main weaknesses: Even though he's innovative and adaptable, can be a bit slow to adapt to a new strategy and sometimes his company composition and call ins are something to be desired. PE and can be a bit of an arty whore.

General outline: Very good teammate to have as a support player as he'll always look out and support who he feels needs help the most and will make sure that the best players are able to use their tactics to their utmost ability. Will (almost) always have a variety of units that can help in any situation but rarely great at any one thing. Will look to exploit any weakness in the enemy's strategy and communicates well with teammates.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc