Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:09:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Today at 01:55:18 am]

[April 22, 2024, 03:40:53 am]

[April 21, 2024, 12:02:54 pm]

[April 06, 2024, 02:26:25 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:13 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Know your Enemy : A Database of information on various players.  (Read 57870 times)
deadbolt Offline
Probably Banned
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2011, 10:14:52 am »

for the 2 placeholders, why dont u put one for defensive players and one for offensive?

p.s i like your writing style, first wall of text i've read for a while.

p.s.s: zomg i complimented someone.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 10:17:35 am by deadbolt » Logged

DERDBERT
Like Jesus, Keeps died for us

He made a funny thread for bear, and got banned.

Now bear makes his own funny thread. It's unsurprisingly not funny.

Keeps died for our funny threads.
MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2011, 10:20:13 am »

Also, Is it possible to A-Z the names? Just makes the thread neater and easier to find people (I know there is Ctrl+F to Find people but still..)

And thanks for the offer of allowing me to profile, but I don't think I'm not quite good enough to do so, and even if I did. The only person I could probably profile is myself and that would probably be filled with horrible biasm to make myself sound better then I am xD

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Heartmann Offline
Officer of Kindness

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2011, 10:31:52 am »

Fixed
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:38:16 am by Heartmann » Logged

In the basement getting drunk.
It's not really creepy until I show up.............

- I've heard of being an animal in bed but...

- The phallic principle of the Navy Wink
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2011, 10:36:21 am »

Also, Is it possible to A-Z the names? Just makes the thread neater and easier to find people (I know there is Ctrl+F to Find people but still..)

And thanks for the offer of allowing me to profile, but I don't think I'm not quite good enough to do so, and even if I did. The only person I could probably profile is myself and that would probably be filled with horrible biasm to make myself sound better then I am xD

A-Zing is something that will be done fairly soon. I first want some.. substance before I A-Z it, though.

Also, Heart - send that to me in PMs so we just hammer it out from there, alright?

Cheers to Deadbolt.

Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2011, 10:42:31 am »

Well, its a good thing Mysth has mod powers to delete posts he disagrees with.

Have fun with the circle jerk.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2011, 10:45:30 am »

I deleted the post because it serves no purpose other than to show your disapproval and to put forward a flamebait. Seeing as the logical reaction of those that do approve would be to respond in defense - it would only cause a flamewar. Therefore, removal of post that can only lead to flamewar, as that is something I do not want to happen in this topic.

Your disapproval has, however, been noted - and I will surely take account of it in whichever instance this disapproval may prove to be important.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2011, 10:51:31 am »

Get used to it, Masacree. Management thinks deleting posts instead of just moving them is a exellent way to argue

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
skaffa Offline
Honoured Member

The very best player of one of the four factions.

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2011, 10:54:10 am »

Nice topic, fun to read, I like it.

Should players also post their own view on their own playstyle ? Might be exposing too much, would be fun tho.

Quote from: deadbolt
bad luck skaffa>  creates best and most played eir maps
                      >  hated for creating best and most played eir maps

Quote from: Tachibana
47k new all time record?

Quote from: deadbolt
Don't knock it til uve tried it bitchface, this isn't anything like salads version. Besides u said a semois conversion would never work, now look that's the most played map, ohgodwhy.jpg r u map lead
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2011, 10:54:37 am »

There's no need for so much resentment, though mysthalin I would encourage you not to become too liberal with your newly acquired moderation rights in this forum. The moderation of threads based on forum guidelines is still the domain of our moderation team, I only gave you moderation rights to organise the thread and the rest of the strategy forum. You should not be moderating threads in this forum for anything other than organisational purposes.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2011, 11:01:57 am »

Nice topic, fun to read, I like it.

Should players also post their own view on their own playstyle ? Might be exposing too much, would be fun tho.

Most definitely - I've even encouraged it in the first post. I might use the second placeholder entirely as a place where people put their thoughts of them themselves - so it can be compared how the views of an outsider and the player himself mix and match.

Glad you like it btw.

Well, Unknown - it is entirely out of organisational purposes that I'm removing posts that are getting in the way of actually useful information Smiley. But sure, I'll reign it in.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2011, 11:09:10 am »

A-Zed main topic and added Heartmann's description of Enkk (with rewording and changed Aggressive/Innovative to Defensive/Conservative based on the description material which seems to fit D and C more than it does A and I).
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2011, 11:18:25 am »

hmmmmm I like it.  Nice job.

This kinda sucks, its more fun just to play against someone and try to handle their unique strategy then have to think so hard about what you think their play style is like, but overall I like thiepost.

I'm really bad  - Smokaz
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2011, 11:19:28 am »

Nobody says you have to use this information at all, Morka - it's merely out of interest that I am doing it.
MorkaandBorka Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2011, 11:21:53 am »

Nobody says you have to use this information at all, Morka - it's merely out of interest that I am doing it.

Got it and well its here now so we should all be using it logically, but meh whatever like I said... I like it, it makes me wanna go out and beat up on one of you.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2011, 11:22:30 am »

Heh, I'm glad you like it and feel the info needs to be used Smiley.
kwiatekkek Offline
okultysta, mistyk, szachista i alpinista.

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2011, 12:09:40 pm »

good  job Myst!
keep'em  comin... Smiley

"L2P" is like a Auswitcz tattoo on your arm, a mark of the survivor.
*cough* Team Lead is Allied bias, just FYI
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2011, 12:31:45 pm »

This thread pretty much epitomizes one of the things I really hated about EIR. It is such an old boys club. Seriously, the thread isn't useful in the slightest in terms of pre game strategy (the players you've 'reviewed' have probably played everyone about a hundred times each) and the evaluations themselves are broad to the point of uselessness (of course they have to be, because you can't reduce a humyn being to a couple of sentences in a paragraph).

This thread is really more about showing everyone who the "in group" is in contrast to the "out group". Of course, the reviews themselves are purely compliments to those in the group, hence I'll identify it for what it really is.

Circle jerk.
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2011, 12:35:58 pm »

Honestly, if it continues to review a wide variety of players in the community, I don't possibly see how you could regard it as an 'in-group' project (and what in-group would you refer to? The 'elitist' group of 'expert' players in EIR?)

It's an ongoing project with the intention of covering more than just the 'usual suspects', it has the ambition of providing a database on all active players in the modification today. If it turns out to just 'stop' with the current bunch of players reviewed, the thread won't last long and it'll soon be forgotten.
shockcoil Offline
griefer & spammer
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2011, 12:39:10 pm »

You know it's kinda hard to review average players because their play is just average and standard. Part of becoming a good player is finding your own playstyle

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2011, 12:41:52 pm »

You'll know it isn't a circle jerk if my name somehow gets on there. :p

That's something, I could be the first mediocre player mentioned. Grin

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc