Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 02:37:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[Yesterday at 01:23:36 pm]

[May 28, 2024, 01:28:23 pm]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]

[December 14, 2022, 12:10:06 am]

[September 22, 2022, 06:57:30 am]

[August 22, 2022, 05:10:35 pm]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reward Units and Warmap  (Read 8187 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« on: June 28, 2011, 12:24:29 pm »

Now I'm not sure how the devs planned on using the conjunction of these, but I had an idea as to how to use them.

Players are given reward points for winning certain battles, or certain objectives are completed.

rewards are divided into tiers, you don't have to buy them, but you have to be a certain level to use certain reward units. When you are readying up, you pick which reward you want to use. +10XP that you will gain at the end of the battle, +20PP, or say, slugger, or jagdtiger. You can also add in off maps possibly.

Those units come fully upgraded. Once you are ingame you can call the unit in. Kind of like calling a Tiger or something in in vcoh. Since these reward units dont cost anything, they will have upped pop cap to balance.

These units wouldnt gain vet. They are there just for that one game.

This would allow reward units to be balanced knowing that you probably wont see them too often, and you dont have to worry about balancing them via a cost. Units like anzacs would come on in pairs, light vehicles or tanks would come on one at a time, but you get two call ins with a balanced cool down. and bigger units you'd get just one call in. And of course units would have RP costs tied to them. Smart players would also want to save their RPs only for important battles or towards the end of the war.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 04:32:12 am »

Remove reward units. Its getting ridiculous.

This community is full of a bunch of mindless idiots with memories like two year olds.

https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/ShitGlitter?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about Tank.
 he makes shab look like a princess giving food to the poor.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 04:49:48 am »

its pretty good besides the sad fact anzacs suck ass juices and you have to summon in 4s to do damage.

You are welcome to your opinion.

You are also welcome to be wrong.
chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 05:19:58 am »

Every Army (except mine) is full of weird stuff. Take this out till warmap is in.
Yeah i know testing..............   
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 05:22:35 am »

In my opinion the field presence of the reward unit is a bit to high. In the last ten matches i faced so many axis tanks that i don't know how
to deal with this ammount. Huh

@chefarzt:
De weirdest unit is the nuclear-cannon "Sturmgeschütz". Awesome one-shot-trollol-squad-gone-cannon. Cry

9th Armoured Engineers
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 05:52:46 am »

In my opinion the field presence of the reward unit is a bit to high. In the last ten matches i faced so many axis tanks that i don't know how
to deal with this ammount. Huh

@chefarzt:
De weirdest unit is the nuclear-cannon "Sturmgeschütz". Awesome one-shot-trollol-squad-gone-cannon. Cry

last game i faced 2 tiger aces 6 stormies 2 p4s a stuh and a 88 wwith hummel and.

I WAS LIKE DAFUQ?
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 08:42:12 am »

The "Wipe" (which is a little delayed because we decided to implement some stuff with it), will of course eliminate all the reward units from everyone's company.

Reward points WILL NOT just be handed out for free anymore. They will be earned through the Warmap or other special circumstances determined by the SDT.

We are also rescaling the ratio of reward points / Reward units. In other words, you will not see mass reward units anymore.

Be patient. The end of reward unit spam is near........

Geez, while Wind was banned I forgot that he is, in fact, totally insufferable
I'm not going to lie Tig, 9/10 times you open your mouth, I'm overwhelmed with the urge to put my foot in it.
IJustDontCare Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 08:47:04 am »

The "Wipe" (which is a little delayed because we decided to implement some stuff with it), will of course eliminate all the reward units from everyone's company.

Reward points WILL NOT just be handed out for free anymore. They will be earned through the Warmap or other special circumstances determined by the SDT.

We are also rescaling the ratio of reward points / Reward units. In other words, you will not see mass reward units anymore.

so next year?

chefarzt Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 08:48:59 am »

Deliver?
Zamochit Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 09:41:21 am »

?noos
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 09:47:04 am »

To be honest the amount of reward units that have been used in the past week has been a pleasant amount

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 10:34:14 am »

To be honest the amount of reward units that have been used in the past week has been a pleasant amount

You could be right TBH. Most people have used up their RP and lost most of their RW units.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 10:51:12 am »

I still have 17(+20)...not counting +50 that I lost  Roll Eyes
so no reward unit spam from me Wink
They will be earned through the Warmap
which we all know that wont be soon :p
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 11:11:04 am »

I still have 17(+20)...not counting +50 that I lost  Roll Eyes
so no reward unit spam from me ;)which we all know that wont be soon :p
Ahnungsloser Offline
Donator

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 11:43:33 am »

The end of reward unit spam is near........

Sounds great.  Smiley
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 11:48:22 am »

please let us know when wipe is truly near so I can just use up all my reward points or i can level up something i've been grinding on, no fun just to pop it in on us one day.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 02:41:41 pm »

As posted a week ago:

The wipe can come any day now. That means this is your notice. Could be today, could be two weeks from now.

Why the delay you ask?

We decided to implement the anti smurfing changes with this wipe. Eirrmod said he would get it done very quickly. It appeared to be a simple coding thing and off to the races we go.
Once he got in and working on it, he discovered that it was going to be more involved then he thought. I am sure many of you think that he should just know everything and should have known how long it would take, but unfortunately he is just a human like the rest of us.
So the coding work is taking longer than we thought. His goal is to complete it this weekend, but if real life issues tie him up, to fucking bad....... it's a game.

The wipe is imminent!!! It will happen in the near future and not the "Warmap" type future we have all grown to know.....lol

With that in mind, if you are hording your little bundle of reward points for a rainy day, then I suggest using them now. It's starting to rain.

Seriously guys, this is a game. Playing it is supposed to be the fun part. So get out there and play the damn thing. You know a wipe is imminent so stop holding onto your little hordes of vet, pp, rp or whatever else ya got and just play to win!!!
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 03:08:29 pm »

:feels motivated" Raaaaaawr yeaaaaaa.

i'm going to kill off all my vet's.
aeroblade56 Offline
Development

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 03:36:54 pm »

As posted a week ago:

The wipe can come any day now. That means this is your notice. Could be today, could be two weeks from now.

Why the delay you ask?

We decided to implement the anti smurfing changes with this wipe. Eirrmod said he would get it done very quickly. It appeared to be a simple coding thing and off to the races we go.
Once he got in and working on it, he discovered that it was going to be more involved then he thought. I am sure many of you think that he should just know everything and should have known how long it would take, but unfortunately he is just a human like the rest of us.
So the coding work is taking longer than we thought. His goal is to complete it this weekend, but if real life issues tie him up, to fucking bad....... it's a game.

The wipe is imminent!!! It will happen in the near future and not the "Warmap" type future we have all grown to know.....lol

orlly? when is the coding ever near exact. whats wrong with justs wiping it and then implementing it? other then the two updates.
tank130 Offline
Sugar Daddy

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2012, 04:41:00 pm »

whats wrong with justs wiping it and then implementing it?

Whats wrong with implementing it with the wipe...... You say tomato, I say tamato.......lol
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc