Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 25, 2024, 02:40:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATG prices and other subjects  (Read 19354 times)
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #60 on: July 02, 2011, 06:18:22 am »

Because then you can't start with 4 rifles and a ATG and if that happens I will hold you personally responsible for ever and never talk to you again

start with 3 rifles,atg mg/mortar/engis...
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2011, 07:01:17 am »

Decrease company or increase BAR/ATG munition values. Right now allied players have an easy time fielding both large amounts of AT and large amounts of (nearly) instawin infantry with BAR suppression.

I like how this forum in turn brings out the worst in anyone
To err is human, to eirr is retard
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2011, 07:15:36 am »

This thread's a little confusing since it's covering so many different subjects at once. Though a lot of good points are being made, particularly in regards to ATGs and Tank Destroyers.

I also liked the idea to tie a Munitions cost to artillery pieces. That actually would make a lot of sense IMO. Thinking on this more, I think it could be a lot more interesting if players had to sacrifice upgrades and other support weapons for artillery rather than vehicles. It'd be quite a big change though.
CrazyWR Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2011, 08:38:43 am »

I think the range of subjects is actually helping keep the thread on topic instead of fermenting random side arguments or little arguments over minor points that usually develop by page 5.  There are several good suggestions in here, hopefully they will be taken into account at least next time the devs/balance team has a meeting.

1. New tactics? it's like JAWS, first one in the water dies

RCA-land where shells fall like raindrops and the Captain is an invincible god
Unkn0wn Offline
No longer retired

« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2011, 10:16:45 am »

I'll be sure to bring some of these things forward for them to look at.
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2011, 11:07:51 am »

I like myst's suggestion of increasing ATGs pop to 6 instead of 5 but the price increase is also a good way to reduce the overall ammount of them. Having tons of ATGs = No pain. With Mun upgrade. Tons of ATGs = Hurts infantry upgrades therefore giving you choices of going either cheaper alternatives or skipping down on ATGs or with infantry/tank upgrades.

Also, faust needs lower cooldown. You'll never, ever, get the 3rd shot out.

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2011, 11:27:59 am »

Decrease company or increase BAR/ATG munition values. Right now allied players have an easy time fielding both large amounts of AT and large amounts of (nearly) instawin infantry with BAR suppression.

This applies to both sides. LMG/G43 costs less than the BAR. So you can spam AI and PAKs just as easily while maintaining heavy tanks.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2011, 11:40:04 am »

This applies to both sides. LMG/G43 costs less than the BAR. So you can spam AI and PAKs just as easily while maintaining heavy tanks.

lmg costs less than bar whole 10mun,while being much more crapier...

Also, faust needs lower cooldown. You'll never, ever, get the 3rd shot out.

I am getting that 3rd shot quite alot of time Wink
Masacree Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2011, 12:38:05 pm »

G43's (with the latest patch) true, however LMG's don't have nearly the versatility or strength that BARs have. No fire on the move, no instant suppression, and less damage output.

Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2011, 06:25:27 pm »

nerfing allied ATG?

WTF?

5 on the field (w/ inf) when dealing with 2 heavy tanks 2 med and some infantry (probably all less than the MU cost of 5 ATG) are a way bigger problem. Shit if i dont got +4 ATG in  a company i just fucked over my teammates.

MU and Pop increase for something that isnt a problem?

Not like allied inf can run around with zooks that can scare off any armor. I know axis dont need as much Paks as allies do need ATGs. With shrek,faust, maradars, panthers, etc. doing the job of AT over paks.

Is spamming ATGs even a problem? Considering they dont kill inf, their slow, you can go behind them, they are just defensive units. Even in games of 5 ATGs (spammed?) on the field Tigers and heavy armor or even med or light armor come from all angles come in and handle the situation no problem. If there isnt 3 AT units per heavy the heavy will win.

What about the tons of spammed shrek units i see now. Shit they own inf and tanks when blobbed.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 06:35:18 pm by Poppi » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2011, 06:26:59 pm »

Why do you need more than 4 ATGs? Just spam M10s to go with them and win vs any Armor.
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2011, 06:34:42 pm »

Why not? They are good at blowing up houses, sniping other at guns (they can try at least), sometimes they hit infantry, plus they have zero downtime compared to a repairing tank.

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2011, 06:47:02 pm »

I've had a few run-ins with G43 suppression and I can say I was not amused. It took a whole 0.5 seconds to all but kill my Rangers. It's like an I-win button for infantry engagements. It might be alright if you reduced the amount of suppression so that it's not instantaneous.

The americans also have one, but its on a stronger weapon. caled The BAR

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2011, 06:50:36 pm »

Why do you need more than 4 ATGs? Just spam M10s to go with them and win vs any Armor.

FU for inf doc goes to 2 jumbos 2 M18s and 1 m10.

Plus Tank Reaper t4 only helps ATGs not m10s for some reason. And LnL t4 also helps ATGs. So inf doc doesnt get many buffs outside the ATG. And the buffs they get for ATG dont turn them into OP. Point being allied inf really depend on ATG. Maybe inf can have m10 buffs instead or as well? Or if ATG get a price raise they also get bigger buffs for ATG.

If all allied companies could have a firefly i would keep my mouth shut.

m10s are great for hunting and circling. But weak armor is their trade off, and they can die even before landing a shot. And even if used right can turn into a total waste of resources.

I use m18 to back up ATG since ost and scouts can own them. I run a few m10s in my HVAP company and have ATGs, which is great (again armor companies seem to have the best of both worlds), but then again that goes back to my main point Inf Doc is pretty dependent on ATG. If u want to make zooks better (mostly in range and Acc), ya ATG can use a nerf.

Or maybe the whole point is to get people to stop being dependent on ATG so a price in MU could do that. Soooo what about heavies. Sucks balls they take little or no MU to put in a company yet  can cause heavy damage to the enemies MP,MU, and FU, and still leave plenty of wiggle room to create massive amount of infantry with upgrades.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 07:02:39 pm by Poppi » Logged
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2011, 07:12:27 pm »

And that is YOUR CHOICE for taking Jumbo's and leaning more towards AI than AT.

I use no Jumbo, and no Rangers.

I run 5 M18's for fun, 1 M36, and 4 ATGs.

I have 16 BAR Rifles, 2 recrew Rifles, some stickies, HMGs, Mortars, Howi, Triage, Jeeps, etc.

RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2011, 09:12:51 pm »

And that is YOUR CHOICE for taking Jumbo's and leaning more towards AI than AT.

I use no Jumbo, and no Rangers.

I run 5 M18's for fun, 1 M36, and 4 ATGs.

I have 16 BAR Rifles, 2 recrew Rifles, some stickies, HMGs, Mortars, Howi, Triage, Jeeps, etc.

what tiers do you run? im just curious. i run an operation overlord company with 3 jumbos, 8 rifles with bars the other 8 with nades, 5 atgs, some officers, a howie, and some mgs.

i never run out of ai, never run out of at (how can you run out of at, when its so easy to overrun and steal paks ^_^), and have the best win loss ratio out of any company ive ever done as us (my RE is pretty good, but i feel brits are stronger than US a bit)

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2011, 09:43:11 pm »

what tiers do you run? im just curious. i run an operation overlord company with 3 jumbos, 8 rifles with bars the other 8 with nades, 5 atgs, some officers, a howie, and some mgs.

i never run out of ai, never run out of at (how can you run out of at, when its so easy to overrun and steal paks ^_^), and have the best win loss ratio out of any company ive ever done as us (my RE is pretty good, but i feel brits are stronger than US a bit)

AMPM uses i believe the top and bottom t3s.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc