Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 10:00:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [US] Airborne Carbines  (Read 24098 times)
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2011, 03:29:15 pm »

give officer mp44  Grin

ya and command squad gets bar and RR. And the smoke is actually mustard gas. Im sure that will still be weaker than adding crits to officers again.

Lets keep talking about AB here since its taking forever to finish it
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2011, 03:30:20 pm »

command squad can easily pick one from the flor Wink
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2011, 03:50:57 pm »

What about the Luger? Useless without the criticals. Much more so than carbines.

What does this have to do with Airborne? It's a pistol, and it's used by an Officer, not a 6 man squad.

If you have a problem with the uselessness of the Officers luger, go make a thread about it. I don't see how this is relevant to AB at all.

Zontar is a filthy sludge-dwelling muppet, thats why.
Y U SAVED US FROM GOING INTO BANKRUPT!
ALL BOW DOWN TO WILDZONTAR!
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2011, 03:51:40 pm »

I dont understand the point of this thread, would you refresh me please.

Did you want AB to become AI? lolololol sounds awfully like the old doctrines. sorry bro

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2011, 04:17:09 pm »

That's why I suggest only the Garand, it gives them enough to fight off unupgraded Volks, and maybe Grens.

But they will not excel at AI without grenades or cover.

Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2011, 04:45:54 pm »

No, I dont want Airborne to become AI. If you really want solid AI, go grab some BAR's on your Rifles.

What I want, is for my 280MP Elite infantry to be able to stand their ground against 240MP standard infantry.

I mean I know Obama was the first one in EiR to get a card. and tbfh the Race card is pretty OP. but Romney has the K.K.K., those guys seem to camo anywhere. So OP units from both sides.
At the end of the day, however, stormtroopers finally got the anal invasion with a cactus they have richly deserved for years.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2011, 04:54:42 pm »

What about double shrek grens -.-

same principle, both AT, but suck in AI.

how bout you use the bonus that airborne get and never stop moving and constantly go back to cover. Get vet and they are instant pwn. impossible to hit while moving even with LMGs
LeoPhone Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2011, 04:55:24 pm »

No, I dont want Airborne to become AI. If you really want solid AI, go grab some BAR's on your Rifles.

What I want, is for my 280MP Elite infantry to be able to stand their ground against 240MP standard infantry.

they aren't supposed to fight infantry 1v1.
AB armor gives bonuses while moving. this is completely useless for infantry fights. toss a grenade on them or just avoid them. thats what AB are made for.

also, about those MP cost arguments - my ostwind costs more MP than an m10. why can't it beat it?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 04:56:55 pm by LeoPhone » Logged
COHCommando Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2011, 05:09:39 pm »

ab just fine thats why they have medics and a lmg upgrades
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2011, 05:13:16 pm »

I think you guys are over-reacting about people wanting slight Airborne changes, it's just a goddamn M1 Garand, you'll be taking as much damage on your Grens from AB as you would from a Vanilla rifle squad. Big fucking deal. Giving them M1 Garands can't be that much of a game changer can it?

Also, can they fire on the move with that LMG? Why not just take it away and give them something that's more useful when on the move?
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2011, 05:15:02 pm »

No, there is no need for it, you just want to blatantly buff a unit because you 'can'.

yes, just a goddam garand, useless, no need to change anything.
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2011, 05:29:13 pm »

Why cant your Ostwind beat an M10? Because one is an AI tank, the other is a TD.

Airborne and Grens are both high quality infantry, same relativistic roles, yet the cheaper one can beat the more expensive one.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2011, 05:33:13 pm »

No, there is no need for it, you just want to blatantly buff a unit because you 'can'.

yes, just a goddam garand, useless, no need to change anything.

But we're not trying to buff it just because we can, we're trying to buff it so it could have a little bit more survivability against Infantry, no?

Where could I find the stats of a Garand and a Carbine?
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2011, 05:40:41 pm »

This is gonna turn out like the commandos with just le-enfields, or its gonna go fucking off-balance shit once again. Why change something that aint broken? AB have never been used as AI, neither should they, it has NEVER been a problem for the best AT HH in the game

everyone was like, OMG yer give them enfields so we have an inexpensive commando squad

week later

Quote from: CohCommando
Omg why do le enfield commandos suck so much for!? BUFF Please!
Hicks58 Offline
Development

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2011, 05:43:31 pm »

Funny, I've never wanted Commandos with just Enfields.
WildZontar Offline
Donator

« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2011, 06:40:06 pm »

This is gonna turn out like the commandos with just le-enfields, or its gonna go fucking off-balance shit once again. Why change something that aint broken? AB have never been used as AI, neither should they, it has NEVER been a problem for the best AT HH in the game

everyone was like, OMG yer give them enfields so we have an inexpensive commando squad

week later

I would argue more, but you fail to make your statement clear..

TROLOLOL just kidding, I understand your viewpoint and I can see what you mean.

What weapons did the Commandoes have before the lee-enfields? They just automatically came with stens?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2011, 06:41:11 pm »

Tbfh I'm extremely happy with enfield commandos. Anyone who says otherwise needs to eat some bad chicken so they get salmonella.

And balls cancer.

8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2011, 06:49:06 pm »

enfields on mandos +LT= super awsome

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2011, 07:15:46 pm »

I think you guys are over-reacting about people wanting slight Airborne changes, it's just a goddamn M1 Garand, you'll be taking as much damage on your Grens from AB as you would from a Vanilla rifle squad. Big fucking deal. Giving them M1 Garands can't be that much of a game changer can it?

Also, can they fire on the move with that LMG? Why not just take it away and give them something that's more useful when on the move?

ok i was the one freaking out about "no way AB shouldnt be AI".
But ya kind of makes sense their rifles are toooo crappy. So a small descent buff could help either be it through a new rifle or higher acc. than a standard rifleman.

Dont vanilla rangers have descent rifle skills? Not sure b/c of stats or a different gun. I get pretty good kills with them and rifles in a 1v1 against reg inf.
But then again zooks blow, if they cant reach a target in the first place.
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2011, 11:36:51 pm »

I read the first post and almost threw up a little inside.

AB are utility units, not frontline infantry. If you can't tell the difference then I don't really know what to tell you. The best part of AB is their survivability.  They shouldn't be able to hold their own against a gren squad, if they did, that'd be all everyone would run, just hordes of AB. Giving AB even an LMG is a mistake.

There is nothing lacklustre about them, the only thing that would make them this way is your lack of understanding as to how to use them. For 6 pop you're getting the allies most survivable infantry platform with the best handheld weapon in the game. Not much to ask that they're weak against infantry, is it?

Why make them stronger on the move? This is their one strength. If you gave AB grease guns, we'd be back here in a week complaining about how OP they are due to ab armour. LMG  negates AB armour and turns AB into 280mp rifles. Effectively you're paying 80mp for whatever doctrine buffs AB will get and fireup. Also, why fix what's not broken? There are more pressing issues atm.

Why cant your Ostwind beat an M10? Because one is an AI tank, the other is a TD.

Airborne and Grens are both high quality infantry, same relativistic roles, yet the cheaper one can beat the more expensive one.

It's good to see that you can acknowledge two different types of tanks. Now acknowledge that different infantry have different roles. Grens are frontline infantry, AB are not, they are utility.

Equip them with a grenade, support them with a HMG then maybe they'll rack up decent inf kills. They're not made to hurt anything infantry based.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc