Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2024, 12:18:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[October 14, 2024, 02:38:41 pm]

[October 05, 2024, 07:29:20 am]

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [CW] Button Should Be Gone.  (Read 27744 times)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 09:47:14 am »

You were the one that screamed "bias!" at speedy first(in the form of "my axis tanks should rape everything" statement). He had every right to respond in kind.

I most certainly did not.

Yes that's me, the special snowflake.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 09:47:58 am »

We could just balance it, make the PFaust have a 6 second stun =)

Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 09:54:03 am »

You didn't?

Stop thinking because your axis you should have invincible tanks that should trollolol all over the allies.

Then what was this particular sentence meant to convey, if not an implication towards speedy's alleged bias?

you can push the button squad using a bike e.g

You can't. Buttoning soldiers will not attempt to dodge anything - not even tanks that are about to crush them.

BigDick
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2011, 09:54:56 am »

We could just balance it, make the PFaust have a 6 second stun =)

nah better give lmgs buttoning

seriously that ability should be removed entirely

You can't. Buttoning soldiers will not attempt to dodge anything - not even tanks that are about to crush them.

then some people i have played must be stupidly gave their button squads movement orders, because i managed to stop buttoning several of times by pushing with a vehicle
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:57:17 am by BigDick » Logged
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2011, 09:59:21 am »

then some people i have played must be stupidly gave their button squads movement orders, because i managed to stop buttoning several of times by pushing with a vehicle

if even one of the buttoning soldiers gets moved (by vehicle etc) the entire squad tries to shift with, thus breaking the button.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 09:59:47 am »

IDK wut the problem is with assaulting these positions and keeping brens away. Yes when your against british you dont send your P4 in and rape all he has, you soften it up with a indirect and simply move in right after that. No problem. G43 will surpress them when they try to advance on my tanks, whats what I do.

1.Button troops are totally immobile, during the ability, and I tent to exploit this.

2. When they wanna get in range, just say, too fucking bad, they try to move up blam they are getting kited/raped my AI.

So yeah, the direct counter to button is mortar/g43 troops/assault grens. Hell, even before I started playing allied alot that was exactly what I did. And my SE ist just instaraped them before their gun got disabled.

Now what I could agree with is a exhaustion time with buttoning, lasting 5 seconds, and a 1.5x cooldown/reload modifier due to waisting all there damn ammo.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 10:01:48 am »

IDK wut the problem is with assaulting these positions and keeping brens away. Yes when your against british you dont send your P4 in and rape all he has, you soften it up with a indirect and simply move in right after that. No problem. G43 will surpress them when they try to advance on my tanks, whats what I do.

1.Button troops are totally immobile, during the ability, and I tent to exploit this.

2. When they wanna get in range, just say, too fucking bad, they try to move up blam they are getting kited/raped my AI.

So yeah, the direct counter to button is mortar/g43 troops/assault grens. Hell, even before I started playing allied alot that was exactly what I did. And my SE ist just instaraped them before their gun got disabled.

Now what I could agree with is a exhaustion time with buttoning, lasting 5 seconds, and a 1.5x cooldown/reload modifier due to waisting all there damn ammo.

You know G43 suppression is going away right? =)
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2011, 10:03:58 am »

Just like how they said it was never coming in in the first place?
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2011, 10:04:46 am »

Mortar isn't reliable when attacking, it is only useful when willing to sit behind mg and a pak while waiting for a opportunity and this isn't a good tactic to be exact. When thinking of a Button squad they are very least defended by a MG and ATG, thus a Defensive position. The Button doesn't HAVE to charge if YOU are the one forced to make the breakthrough to destroy the defencive line. Your armor automatically becomes useless when attacking a British position. Flank it? No, Button squad moves up, buttons while support weapons turn to face the threat.

Not everyone has G43s (wehrmacht) nor rapid deployment mortars which Panzer Elite has DarkSoldier. Wehrmacht has only assault versus Button squad that can reliably, and quickly neutralize the threat.

I have a question.

Where do British Need their Button anyway? They have the same tools as Americans (- sticky bombs) to deal with Armor which in return they get one of the best tank hunters aka Firefly.

Where do British need Button?

Because a forum post should be like a woman's skirt. Long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
Spartan_Marine88 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2011, 10:13:43 am »

Yes the almighty Fire Fly, so awesome at long range, but cant defeat shit up close due to its de buffs for close range combat
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2011, 10:13:56 am »

Where do pgrens NEED sprint

Where do Volks NEED Panzer fausts

Where do Rifles NEED stickys

they need them because it makes them unique and all able to carry out tasks in capable hands

Yeah calbanes, I mean - some people like smokaz are still yet to win a single game, even though they've been around here for years.

NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2011, 10:16:17 am »

Yes the almighty Fire Fly, so awesome at long range, but cant defeat shit up close due to its de buffs for close range combat

Debuffs are gone. Removed long time ago.

* Firefly reload time decreased to 7.5 seconds, long range reload modifier nerfed to .735

Where do pgrens NEED sprint

Where do Volks NEED Panzer fausts

Where do Rifles NEED stickys

they need them because it makes them unique and all able to carry out tasks in capable hands

Does not answer the question I've asked. Being Unique in a broken way isn't the answer.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 10:20:28 am by NightRain » Logged
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2011, 10:19:11 am »

Actually it will still be there if you read correctly, just that now it wont instasurpress through cover and smoke, it will work like other suppression tools by increasing the suppression of the weapon itself(it already did this, just not enough to surpress on its own, only to keep the instant surpression inplace).

Mortar isn't reliable when attacking, it is only useful when willing to sit behind mg and a pak while waiting for a opportunity and this isn't a good tactic to be exact. When thinking of a Button squad they are very least defended by a MG and ATG, thus a Defensive position. The Button doesn't HAVE to charge if YOU are the one forced to make the breakthrough to destroy the defencive line. Your armor automatically becomes useless when attacking a British position. Flank it? No, Button squad moves up, buttons while support weapons turn to face the threat.

Not everyone has G43s (wehrmacht) nor rapid deployment mortars which Panzer Elite has DarkSoldier. Wehrmacht has only assault versus Button squad that can reliably, and quickly neutralize the threat.

I have a question.

Where do British Need their Button anyway? They have the same tools as Americans (- sticky bombs) to deal with Armor which in return they get one of the best tank hunters aka Firefly.

1.Mortar is the starter of a attack.... it destroys that .30 and when they bren squad buttons you, with your significant range you should easily mortar them to death. You also don't need paks and a MG42 to defend your mortar. And if the enemy is being as defensive as you say you have the time to mortar him, and when he moves out he is at a weakpoint.

2. Flanks with infantry and tank, focus fire the bren then the vickers.

3.Where do british need button? Where do axis need tiger? they have P4? Where do americans need .30, they have bars. Where do axis need assault? They have mortars and grenades! Where do americans need M10, they have sticky.

Basically, what I just said is stupid, and what you just said is stupid. They need the tools because they give more tactical options. I think the "where do british need" argument is totally moot because its baseless and one can say that for any ability of the enemy faction.

Again, what do people think of the 5 sec -1 speed, 10 sec 1.5x cooldown, 1.5x reload?

DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2011, 10:19:56 am »

Debuffs are gone. Removed long time ago.

Still in just lessened.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2011, 10:22:25 am »

Yet how are they broken 30 range is good but factor in 5 of that is useless b\c at that range (25-30) the axis tank can reverse out

And then factor in that it takes the entire squad from firing while sticky and panzerfaust takes one

And then finally factor in the cost of the upgrade 90 Muni which alone does not warrant just a lmg for this cost and a rather moderate one aswell
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2011, 10:31:01 am »

Yet how are they broken 30 range is good but factor in 5 of that is useless b\c at that range (25-30) the axis tank can reverse out

And then factor in that it takes the entire squad from firing while sticky and panzerfaust takes one

And then finally factor in the cost of the upgrade 90 Muni which alone does not warrant just a lmg for this cost and a rather moderate one aswell

Moderate? 2x Brens are Far superior to 1x LMG42. The Button in the whole thing is just a massive bonus.

Buttoning at max range ensures a full halt to the assault and even if it is stupid to do it at max range. It still gives you time to bang the tank with 2 Anti tank gun shells dealing at max 300 damage. For a mere P4 that is half of its health.

For sticky and faust they are one shot abilities. They do not disable a tank for 20 seconds. Sticky blows engine, faust damages (if lucky) crits engine. Button disables the whole tank.
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2011, 10:39:58 am »

I have rarely seen a bren get 2x buttons off
Katusha Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2011, 10:41:55 am »

I think he meant that you get 2 Bren guns for 90 MU, which is more DPS than 1 LMG
RoyalHants Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2011, 10:43:22 am »

Yes i know but hes saying that fausts and stickies are 1 shot abilities and i'd like to ask how button isn't
NightRain Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2011, 10:54:00 am »

Yes i know but hes saying that fausts and stickies are 1 shot abilities and i'd like to ask how button isn't

Faust Fires, its on cooldown

Sticky is thrown, it is on cooldown

Button starts and lasts for that up to 17 seconds, then comes down on cooldown. That's what I meant.

However, there is still no real reason why British need their Button. They have the necessary vehicle disablers they need.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc