Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 08:38:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Terror Problem (particularly with Oak Leaves)  (Read 12592 times)
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 05:38:05 pm »

Medkits have a delay before they start up the healing aspect, it's a good way to end up dead if something comes out of the darkness that you are not expecting because you move at -1 speed.

i use the terror T2 that heals more and less movement penalty

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
spinn72 Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2011, 07:27:55 pm »

Make the enemy fear the treads of your glorious allied tanks!
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2011, 09:24:40 pm »

My BAR rifles eat KCH all day. Its just silly. Fearless? Still suffer penalties and count as suppressed. 3 BAR per squad +33% damage is like walking into 3 lmgs worth of damage. You will lose the battle of attrition. I usually kill a KCH squad to 1 man while also losing the BAR. Guess which you can have more of.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2011, 06:59:44 am »

so all those KCH with full equipment,each +200mun,5-6 paks,not much muni left for anything else...each KCH unit should atleast kill 2 full squads of rifles with bars and nades to earn points back...
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2011, 10:35:44 am »

so all those KCH with full equipment,each +200mun,5-6 paks,not much muni left for anything else...each KCH unit should atleast kill 2 full squads of rifles with bars and nades to earn points back...
Actually I found out that g-wagons WAS a good alternative to paks due to them not costing much less mu.

And the reason why I saw WAS is that they got nerfed, they god more shockfactor but there reload was increased by a crapload in the process. There DPS went down significantly regardless of doing more dmg per shot.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
TheVolskinator Offline
Administrator / Lead Developer

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2011, 10:59:37 am »

If KCH are lolwtfpwning you on their own or in groups of two, youre doing it wrong. You should have your units tiered so you can continually fall back, leapfrog style, causing damage to them while staying at range and receiving little in return. American MGs also deal a hefty amount of DPS, not to mention the horde of units that should be present if its a team game. Focus fire, anyone?

Inf T3 BARs do rape practically everything, which as a biased american player, I think is great--however, it definately needs looking in to (which, in my much-hated doctrinal unlocks document, I'm thinking if several alternate solutions to the problem including offering different SL weapons in accordance to chosen upgrades, instead of +1 of that weapon.)

Quote from: tank130
I want to ensure we have a 100% decision on the process before we do the wipe.
If not, then I wipe, then someone gets something they shouldn't, then it gets abused, then the shit hits the fan and then I ban shab.

Getting EiR:R Released on Steam

Forum Rules & Guidelines
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 11:23:17 am »

If KCH are lolwtfpwning you on their own or in groups of two, youre doing it wrong. You should have your units tiered so you can continually fall back, leapfrog style, causing damage to them while staying at range and receiving little in return. American MGs also deal a hefty amount of DPS, not to mention the horde of units that should be present if its a team game. Focus fire, anyone?

Inf T3 BARs do rape practically everything, which as a biased american player, I think is great--however, it definately needs looking in to (which, in my much-hated doctrinal unlocks document, I'm thinking if several alternate solutions to the problem including offering different SL weapons in accordance to chosen upgrades, instead of +1 of that weapon.)

problem is that T3 is fucking great for bars, but mediocre for grease guns and thompsons.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 11:42:47 am »

and where is the problem? spam bar's as most allied players do  Roll Eyes
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 01:19:29 pm »

so what about the brits, they dont get bars and it seems that according to AmPM HIS Bars do the job but I guess normal bars dont. It's hard as heck to suppress Oak Leaves, that's without a doubt. It makes it moot to even own hmgs when they're about.

"I want proof!"
"I have proof!"
"Whatever, I'm still right"

Dafuq man, don't ask for proof if you'll refuse it if it's not in your favor, logic fallacy for the bloody win.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 02:04:07 pm »

For Brits its even easier. Staghound, done.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2011, 02:07:29 pm »

bren mmg?
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2011, 02:28:58 pm »

*sigh* and we all know the counters to those vehicles... and seriously oak leaves tend to get away from them without loosing a man
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2011, 02:29:45 pm »

That works too. I like the Stag myself.

Lol?! I kill Oak Leaves with M18's with a .50cal, what are you talking about? lol
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2011, 02:44:07 pm »

Both of those weapons tend to not fare as well against heroic armour.

Now what a M18 can do is possibly run a man or perhaps 2 over before getting killed by AT if we assume the kch have no scouter, and the player is lesser skilled.
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2011, 02:52:24 pm »

Heroic Armor doesn't do anything besides mean he can't die in 1 hit, like from a sniper....

They do just fine vs KCH.

Im thinking the fail is on the side of the player, and not the balance of the doctrine.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2011, 03:21:02 pm »

Heroic Armor doesn't do anything besides mean he can't die in 1 hit, like from a sniper....

They do just fine vs KCH.

Im thinking the fail is on the side of the player, and not the balance of the doctrine.
I am afraid you don't understand. Staghounds have less acc vs heroic. .50 mg on the hellcat and Sherman(and probably others) deal significantly less DPS vs heroic due to less acc and alot less dmg. And many small arms have reductions vs heroic too.

But one big sexy thing about it is the half received suppression vs KCH.

Although the armour does nothing for those pesky sherman shots, the high HP of the KCH allows him to eat a shot and run away, and the only way the sherman will kill the man is if it rushes forward, into the AT, hurting his ass, and if he wants to go farther hes going to get some serious pain. And the beuty is that the KCH will just heal up. And oaks have the advantage of 33% increased firepower over normal KCH for only 20% increased pop.

But thats not the big problem with them being OP.

Oaks have the advantage of 33% increased firepower over normal KCH for only 20% increased pop.

Normal KCH is - 96.6 manpower per man and 36.6 mu per man

Oak leaves is - 95 manpower per man and 35 mu per man.

Shouldn't that extra MP44 for only 1 pop more have a larger price to it?

And his med kit and assault upgrades cost the same as a normal KCH, when technically they should cost more as you get more. (3 man kch assault vs 4 man kch assault, Or 3 man healing over 4 man healing)

And assault is overpowered in its epic pwnage.

So basically what I propose to do to oak KCH is -

Remove assault def bonuses(main problem, being discussed in another thread)

Increase assault cost by 5 mu

Increase Oak leaves manpower cost by 20
Increase Oak leaves munitions cost by 10

MAYBE increase medkit cost by 5 mu
AmPM Offline
Community Mapper

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2011, 03:33:10 pm »

I am afraid you don't understand. Staghounds have less acc vs heroic. .50 mg on the hellcat and Sherman(and probably others) deal significantly less DPS vs heroic due to less acc and alot less dmg. And many small arms have reductions vs heroic too.

But one big sexy thing about it is the half received suppression vs KCH.

Although the armour does nothing for those pesky sherman shots, the high HP of the KCH allows him to eat a shot and run away, and the only way the sherman will kill the man is if it rushes forward, into the AT, hurting his ass, and if he wants to go farther hes going to get some serious pain. And the beuty is that the KCH will just heal up. And oaks have the advantage of 33% increased firepower over normal KCH for only 20% increased pop.

But thats not the big problem with them being OP.

Oaks have the advantage of 33% increased firepower over normal KCH for only 20% increased pop.

Normal KCH is - 96.6 manpower per man and 36.6 mu per man

Oak leaves is - 95 manpower per man and 35 mu per man.

Shouldn't that extra MP44 for only 1 pop more have a larger price to it?

And his med kit and assault upgrades cost the same as a normal KCH, when technically they should cost more as you get more. (3 man kch assault vs 4 man kch assault, Or 3 man healing over 4 man healing)

And assault is overpowered in its epic pwnage.

So basically what I propose to do to oak KCH is -

Remove assault def bonuses(main problem, being discussed in another thread)

Increase assault cost by 5 mu

Increase Oak leaves manpower cost by 20
Increase Oak leaves munitions cost by 10

MAYBE increase medkit cost by 5 mu

I'm afraid you are confusing the Elite Armor with Heroic Criticals =)

Heroic just means you don't die in one hit. Elite gives -accuracy and damage.

They have both. Either way, KCH are easy to deal with. They cost at least 50% than a BAR Rifle allowing you to easily kill them 1 for 1 and win. The key is to eliminate the Ambulance or Medic Bunker. Just like you would a Triage Center.
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2011, 08:30:06 pm »

silly ampm, why would allies want to put effort into micro to win battles?

They like just walking up to things and winning -_-

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2011, 08:47:51 pm »

I'm afraid you are confusing the Elite Armor with Heroic Criticals =)

Heroic just means you don't die in one hit. Elite gives -accuracy and damage.

They have both. Either way, KCH are easy to deal with. They cost at least 50% than a BAR Rifle allowing you to easily kill them 1 for 1 and win. The key is to eliminate the Ambulance or Medic Bunker. Just like you would a Triage Center.
Omg, you dont know heroic armour exist?

Go to coh stats for christ sakes lol.

You have been in EiR for a long time, you have lots of experience AmPM, I don't know how you don't know that.

If you doubt the picture go to cohstats. If you doubt it even more go to RGD's yourself.

Thats pretty much what I do with my oakleaves lol, oh yeah thats right i must left click to activate assault ooh i forgot.
Tymathee Offline
Donator

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2011, 09:02:40 pm »

You mean like Axis players do? Oh look a blob of 4 rofles, i'll just run up my 2 kch, toss assault and pwn, ef those bars, can't hurt me while they're running and then get suppressed
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc