Account

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 24, 2024, 04:32:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Resources

Recent posts

[September 06, 2024, 11:58:09 am]

[September 05, 2024, 01:54:13 pm]

[July 16, 2024, 11:30:34 pm]

[June 22, 2024, 06:49:40 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:13:38 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:12:54 am]

[March 08, 2024, 12:09:37 am]

[December 30, 2023, 08:00:58 pm]

[February 04, 2023, 11:46:41 am]

[December 25, 2022, 11:36:26 am]
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Demo Charge in building.  (Read 7580 times)
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« on: July 10, 2011, 05:38:54 pm »

You can't defuse/detected it when it is in a building. You can't detect it when it is in a building. You can't sacrifices unit because it's manually control.

You shouldn't be able to place demo charge in building, not while you can't detect or defuse it if it's in a building. 

With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925
Rahx Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 05:45:27 pm »

It's a democharge... it has its purpose in my eyes  Roll Eyes

otherwise it's nothing

why is everyone except me retarded?
8thRifleRegiment Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 05:46:29 pm »

yea put in a bush. inf can detect it, but ods are you wont see it in time unless your mega zoomed in

I will never forget the rage we enduced together

Ohh Good, AmPm can pay in Doubloons.
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 07:24:17 pm »

As probably the only person that uses demo charges to anything that can be referred to as "consistency" I will be the first to say that demo charges are absolutely useless in EVERYTHING that is not a building. You can't hide them with the white circle thing.

Also, you CAN zoom inside a building to see if it has a demo charge.

MittinsKittens Offline
Donator

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 09:40:58 pm »

Really? Did not know that. How can you tell if it has demo charges in the building? I'm guessing you can see them if you look inside?
And can you do this trick through FoW, or do you need to see the building first?

EiRNames:- MittinsKittens & FlutterShyPegasus
Firesparks Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 09:43:50 pm »

As probably the only person that uses demo charges to anything that can be referred to as "consistency" I will be the first to say that demo charges are absolutely useless in EVERYTHING that is not a building. You can't hide them with the white circle thing.

Also, you CAN zoom inside a building to see if it has a demo charge.

useless in anything except in broken situation.
sure sounds fine to me.
and you telling me to look in every building on the map if I expect a demo change.
Scotzmen Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 10:49:22 pm »

Does anybody actually use demo charges anymore?
DarkSoldierX Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 11:09:42 pm »

Does anybody actually use demo charges anymore?
Just because it isnt used doesnt mean it can't be broken. Not saying it is or anything like that, i havn't made up my mind yet.

two words
atgs and fireflies
Looks who's butthurt
*waiting* 4 DarkSoldierNoobiX pops up to prove how much shit the T17 is penetrating KTs back and Jagd front and how much better the ac/puma is penetrating m10 rear  Cool Cool Cool
RikiRude Offline
Donator

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 11:18:08 pm »

i just avoid buildings if i suspect, because if there is one, there are many. there should be a way for mine sweepers to detect them, would be nice.

Quote from: Killer344
Killer344: "Repent: sory no joke i just had savage diorea"
... or a fat ass cock sucking churchill being stupid
Poppi Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 12:37:12 am »

i used demos but caused more harm than good for me.
Axis werent jumping into my demo houses. But i did or my teammates did. 1 tank round and there goes the house.
Demon767 Offline
Warmap Betatester
EIR Veteran

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 02:20:59 am »

ive seen plenty of players using demo charges, and they use them quite effectively actually

Generalleutnant of The Reichs Wolves

Nevergetsputonlistguy767
BigDick
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 02:58:48 am »

- stalin abusing this
- annya used democharges
- lionel23 spamed democharges
- doesnttalkmuch blown up vet3 grens of me with an us demo some time ago

i expect firesparks played either vs stalin spaming demos or lionel spaming demos

the tips zooming in every building is a bit to much of theory
especially when people spaming demos and constantly placing new ones

and all that does not help that much because that T2 of commandos extend its explosion radius so much that it is enough to just walk near a house to get killed
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 04:01:41 am »

useless in anything except in broken situation.
sure sounds fine to me.
and you telling me to look in every building on the map if I expect a demo change.

Look, dude you proposed nerfing the demo charge in a way that would make it impossible to use it in the sole position the weapon is actually of any fucking use. Of course my response is to explain to you why nerfing the demo charge in such a way is a bad idea. If you want to nerf the demo charge vs buildings, then add a reason for demos to actually be used outside buildings.

It's a 60 munitions ability - you can get 8 bundle grenades for each 3 democharge. I'm fairly certain 8 bundle grenades will kill/force retreat at least 3 squads of enemy infantry, while being able to use it selectively, as opposed to requiring to force the enemy to go into certain buildings.

Bigdick, can you just FUCK OFF with your constant persecution of me? Whatever it is you are trying to sell, I am not going to buy, you don't need to mention my name every other thread you post in.
nugnugx Offline
Donator

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 04:04:23 am »

You can see them, they do not cloak, player needs to set them off manualy. It's a total hit or miss weapon because others don't need to get anywhere near them at all.

If anything demo needs a buff by removing the white circle.

smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 04:07:48 am »

It's a 60 munitions ability - you can get 8 bundle grenades for each 3 democharge. I'm fairly certain 8 bundle grenades will kill/force retreat at least 3 squads of enemy infantry, while being able to use it selectively, as opposed to requiring to force the enemy to go into certain buildings.

since when are bundlenades 30mun?
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 04:09:48 am »

Learn to count precious.
smurfORnot Offline
EIR Veteran

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2011, 04:13:17 am »

ok,then please explain to me,how you get 8 bundle nades for 180mun, unless you have vet storms or that T4?! since I am missing it...
Smokaz Offline
Honoured Member

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 04:14:19 am »

Demos are impossible to balance because if its too good it means it can instantly gib a vet 3 squad in one shot. On the other hand if they got a white circle and are easily detected, they are useless.

Proposed fix: Make them deal full damage to both tanks and infantry, but leave out the crits. Allow infantry to be at 1 hp so you can "lose" the unit by retreat but it doesnt feel so griefy.

yeah it would be pretty lame, but at least the upgrade could be changed to deployable in more locations ( maybe not everywhere ) and given a high price (since almost every demo charge would have a high chance of success.

Alternatively, make everything detect and auto-target them, so there's a chance of knights cross being able to shoot the thing before the whole squad is directly positioned on top of it, for example

SlippedHerTheBigOne: big penis puma
SlippedHerTheBigOne: and i have no repairkits
SlippedHerTheBigOne: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
BigDick
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 04:14:24 am »

Bigdick, can you just FUCK OFF with your constant persecution of me? Whatever it is you are trying to sell, I am not going to buy, you don't need to mention my name every other thread you post in.

you can't accept someone telling the truth?

i don't know why you mad but you have at least 10 democharges on your 51stSYorkshire account trying to play maps with important key buildings to get demos off
Mysthalin Offline
Tired King of Stats

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 04:21:22 am »

ok,then please explain to me,how you get 8 bundle nades for 180mun, unless you have vet storms or that T4?! since I am missing it...

2 bundles per purchase at 45 munitions.

4*45 = 180, 4*2 = 8

so 8 bundles for 180 mun.

you can't accept someone telling the truth?

I have a problem with somebody following me around, watching every single thing I do and then reporting it 20 times over on the internet community like somebody cares. It makes me feel like I'm being stalked by an obsessive compulsive crazy person(most countries call them paparazzi for some reason), and that freaks me out.

I only have 8 squads of commandos, BigDick. That's 8 democharge purchases. My T4 is the thing that gives me extra democharges. Considering that and the smoke-up ability are the only things in the T4 that actually work (the 75% reduced callin times and extra offmaps being bust), I think it's kind of fair that I use my T4 on a "massive" 8 units.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0 beta 4 © Bloc